Live in Chicago? Capone has a limited number of seats to an early screening of IMMORTALS!!! Details here…
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
My faith in director Tarsem Singh is unwavering after only two films, THE CELL and THE FALL. Next week, his third movie, IMMORTALS, hits theaters, and the subject matter of interactions between gods and men seems like it's right up his highly visual alley. And the next person who says IMMORTALS looks like 300 is a little confused. Tarsem had that visual style down pat for many years before 300 was released.
Now, I'll admit that I have yet to see IMMORTALS, so I'll withhold my judgment of it until I have, which is why I'll be sitting right there next week watching it with 30 Ain't It Cool readers at an advanced screening of the film taking place Thursday, November 10 at 7:00pm at the theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to those who win). That's 15 winners, with each winner allowed to bring one guest. Here's how you win tickets:
Send me an email at ImmortalsChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Rewrite history in blood!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (guests' names are not required), and the answer to the following question (read carefully): "What's your favorite film in which gods/God and humans interact, and why?" And if you give me CLASH OF THE TITANS, you won't win. I need a title and your justification for selecting that film. Keep your responses BRIEF--limit it to 50 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). People with the most interesting and original answers win. Winners will hear from me over the weekend.
Although the AICN seats are reserved, you must arrive at least 15 minutes before showtime or the seats will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Relativity Media for giving us this very fun screening.
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 4, 2011, 1:51 a.m. CST
Nov. 4, 2011, 2:48 a.m. CST
I'm with you on that. The Cell was a bit shonky, but looked amazing, and The Fall is the most beautiful film I've ever seen.
Nov. 4, 2011, 6 a.m. CST
by Righteous Brother
How the hell did I miss that? The jury's still out on Immortals for me. Saw one of the trailers at the cinema (a bit stoned) thought it looked amazing, saw the same trailer on tv the other night, and was a bit under whelmed.
Nov. 4, 2011, 8:44 a.m. CST
Just don't see that kind of effects any longer in today's action movies... :-P
Nov. 4, 2011, 8:50 a.m. CST
If I lived in Chicago, the first thing I would do is have Capone give me my money back for seeing Hall
Nov. 4, 2011, 8:51 a.m. CST
Nov. 4, 2011, 8:56 a.m. CST
by I am_NOTREAL
It still looks like 300 and 300 was junk! I should give an irritating style a pass because this time it's from a hack who did it earlier? Nah, don't think so.
Nov. 4, 2011, 11:39 a.m. CST
Tarsem's approach is operatic and Snyder's is pornographic.
Nov. 4, 2011, 12:42 p.m. CST
300, Transformers, Suckerpunch type boring.
Nov. 4, 2011, 3:56 p.m. CST
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 685 total posts 62 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 406 total posts 40 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 43 total posts 26 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 360 total posts 25 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 212 total posts 21 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 360 total posts 13 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 18 total posts 10 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 318 total posts 9 posts