Live in Chicago? Capone has a limited number of seats to an early screening of IMMORTALS!!! Details here…
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
My faith in director Tarsem Singh is unwavering after only two films, THE CELL and THE FALL. Next week, his third movie, IMMORTALS, hits theaters, and the subject matter of interactions between gods and men seems like it's right up his highly visual alley. And the next person who says IMMORTALS looks like 300 is a little confused. Tarsem had that visual style down pat for many years before 300 was released.
Now, I'll admit that I have yet to see IMMORTALS, so I'll withhold my judgment of it until I have, which is why I'll be sitting right there next week watching it with 30 Ain't It Cool readers at an advanced screening of the film taking place Thursday, November 10 at 7:00pm at the theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to those who win). That's 15 winners, with each winner allowed to bring one guest. Here's how you win tickets:
Send me an email at ImmortalsChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Rewrite history in blood!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (guests' names are not required), and the answer to the following question (read carefully): "What's your favorite film in which gods/God and humans interact, and why?" And if you give me CLASH OF THE TITANS, you won't win. I need a title and your justification for selecting that film. Keep your responses BRIEF--limit it to 50 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). People with the most interesting and original answers win. Winners will hear from me over the weekend.
Although the AICN seats are reserved, you must arrive at least 15 minutes before showtime or the seats will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Relativity Media for giving us this very fun screening.
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 4, 2011, 1:51 a.m. CST
Nov. 4, 2011, 2:48 a.m. CST
I'm with you on that. The Cell was a bit shonky, but looked amazing, and The Fall is the most beautiful film I've ever seen.
Nov. 4, 2011, 6 a.m. CST
by Righteous Brother
How the hell did I miss that? The jury's still out on Immortals for me. Saw one of the trailers at the cinema (a bit stoned) thought it looked amazing, saw the same trailer on tv the other night, and was a bit under whelmed.
Nov. 4, 2011, 8:44 a.m. CST
Just don't see that kind of effects any longer in today's action movies... :-P
Nov. 4, 2011, 8:50 a.m. CST
If I lived in Chicago, the first thing I would do is have Capone give me my money back for seeing Hall
Nov. 4, 2011, 8:51 a.m. CST
Nov. 4, 2011, 8:56 a.m. CST
by I am_NOTREAL
It still looks like 300 and 300 was junk! I should give an irritating style a pass because this time it's from a hack who did it earlier? Nah, don't think so.
Nov. 4, 2011, 11:39 a.m. CST
Tarsem's approach is operatic and Snyder's is pornographic.
Nov. 4, 2011, 12:42 p.m. CST
300, Transformers, Suckerpunch type boring.
Nov. 4, 2011, 3:56 p.m. CST
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 168 total posts 103 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 398 total posts 42 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 261 total posts 32 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 87 total posts 26 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 22 total posts 22 posts
- Fox To Remake LAURA With A Screenplay By James Ellroy! -- 39 total posts 18 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- Lionsgate to bring us Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. zombies in MAGGIE come early 2015! -- 192 total posts 9 posts
- A Trailer And Poster For THE PYRAMID, Produced By Alexandre Aja!! -- 75 total posts 5 posts
- Starved For STAR TREK?? Have A Gander At This Eye-Opening 20-Minute Teaser For AXANAR!! -- 179 total posts 5 posts