EVIL!! Clips From Eli Roth’s Discovery Channel Special!!
Eli Roth, who acts in Tarantino movies (“Death Proof,” “Inglourious Basterds”) when he’s not directing his own (“Cabin Fever,” the “Hostel” movies), on Sunday enters the realm of TV host with Sunday’s Discovery special “Curiosity: How Evil Are You?”
But how evil are we compared to Peter Venkman?
9 p.m. Sunday. Discovery.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 28, 2011, 2:11 p.m. CST
that of Kevin Smith. Fuck that twat.
Oct. 28, 2011, 2:16 p.m. CST
I believe I remember he was David Lynch's assistant when he pitched a scavenger hunt movie that actually sounded pretty good.
Oct. 28, 2011, 2:25 p.m. CST
Oct. 28, 2011, 2:31 p.m. CST
by Man in Suit
Roth's vacant performance nearly ruined Basterds.
Oct. 28, 2011, 2:36 p.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
Oct. 28, 2011, 2:40 p.m. CST
I couldn't agree more. Mélanie Laurent was the best part of that mess of a movie.
Oct. 28, 2011, 2:57 p.m. CST
should be the followup
Oct. 28, 2011, 3:34 p.m. CST
is the title for the next movie in the series.
Oct. 28, 2011, 3:51 p.m. CST
...is about Authority, Obedience, and Trust (not a measure of Evil) Shame on Eli Roth. He should know better than to confuscate and distort. Frakkin' hack.
Oct. 28, 2011, 4:16 p.m. CST
agree with you about roth, but you mixed "confuse," "obfuscate", and "confiscate" into a whole new swirly flavor there.
Oct. 28, 2011, 4:44 p.m. CST
by Arcadian Del Sol
because there is no job dirtier than that on this entire planet.
Oct. 28, 2011, 5:05 p.m. CST
I'm sure we're all impressioned with your vocublatic skillionizing. But the fact remains, Roth confruscated and distorted the Milgram experiment. That's the G**damned point we should be focalizing on!
Oct. 28, 2011, 5:40 p.m. CST
Although he's weirdly handsome, in a rapey way.
Oct. 28, 2011, 6:39 p.m. CST
It's not as if it's obscure or something.
Oct. 28, 2011, 6:58 p.m. CST
If it wasn't for the the gimmicky "scare-tactics" approach. I don't really see a reason to redo the experiment. The fact that the new footage even uses some scare-tacticsesque shots kind of reinforces the idea that this is just some stupid spooky Halloween season programming pretending to be a documentary so ignorant parents can smile with approval while their kids sit glued to the tv.
Oct. 28, 2011, 7:56 p.m. CST
This guy actually scares me. This show must be his way of showing how he is no different than other people. I am not convinced nor do I care to find out. I will never see or experience anything he is involved with. End of line
Oct. 28, 2011, 10:50 p.m. CST
Worth watching, in my opinion.
Oct. 28, 2011, 10:59 p.m. CST
2 groups. Put 50 atheists and agnostics through it. Then 50 people of various religious faiths, only selecting those who checked off *consider yourself of STRONG religious conviction and faith* rather than those who just identify with a particular faith. You'll want *true believers* (or those who claim it). Those results would be predictably enjoyable. And I'd put hard money down on the atheists/agnostics actually having more real compassion and integrity when it came down to it. Don't agree? Run the experiment. I'd love to be proven wrong. Does the concept bother you in some way? What are you afraid of? In my opinion, people who are deeply religious tend to have a stronger will to please authority that overpowers their compassion almost EVERY time. Almost. That's my prediction. And remember, science isn't *mean* or prejudiced. It's just a recording of human behaviour (in this case), and the only people you'd have to blame are the participants. The only problem with a mass-media exposure of this experiment is that from now on, you can count on the results less and less because people can be very dishonest. I guess they would have to weed out those who were familiar with the term/name *Milgram*. But even then.... In any case, I doubt anyone with the resources has the balls to do it anyway. So rest easy. Or waste your own time being pissed off about the concept. Up to you. I just think it would be fun information to have floating around out there.
Oct. 28, 2011, 11:04 p.m. CST
already proved that under the right circumstances, anyone can turn evil. No need for this show.
Oct. 28, 2011, 11:30 p.m. CST
If you think choosing authority, obedience and trust over basic human compassion isn't a good definition of evil, I'm more worried about you than Roth. Or maybe you define evil based on more superficial things. *hugs*
Oct. 29, 2011, 8:15 a.m. CST
by Rebel Scumb
It's not a documentary.
Oct. 29, 2011, 12:09 p.m. CST
Except for muslims. Just ask Jay Leno's wife. Or any liberal.
Oct. 30, 2011, 1:47 a.m. CST
by Ray Gamma
About religious people generally being capable of more brutality than atheists are. It's not rocket science, though. Religious people are generally missing something in the first place.
Oct. 30, 2011, 9:52 p.m. CST
This is like the police reaching out through the media to a serial killer, isn't it? I ain't gonna bite. LIKE YOU BITE ELI ROTH'S GINORMOUS FAKE COCK! AYIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 391 total posts 381 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 119 total posts 119 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 180 total posts 74 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 273 total posts 51 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 63 total posts 47 posts
- Some Wicked Cool Stills For The Upcoming BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game!! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 71 total posts 45 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 92 total posts 40 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 92 total posts 33 posts