BLACK GOLD International Trailer!
I'm a big fan of Jean-Jacques Annaud - QUEST FOR FIRE, THE NAME OF THE ROSE, SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET (it may not be a critical favorite but I always loved it), ENEMY AT THE GATES, and my personal favorite film of his, THE BEAR. Annaud makes very visual, sweeping movies, and they are just as emotional as they are epic. This new film looks to be straight out of David Lean - BLACK GOLD, coming December 2011.
I'd say with THE SKIN I LIVE IN, PUSS IN BOOTS (which is actually good) and this, Antonio Banderas may be having something of a comeback. BLACK GOLD also stars Mark Strong, Frieda Pinto, and Tahar Rahim. Annaud has been known to capture wonderous images with his films, and this looks no different:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 23, 2011, 8:48 p.m. CST
by Gregory McNiff
Despite the trailer showing the whole story, it's nice to see an epic sans superheroes and robots.
Oct. 23, 2011, 8:49 p.m. CST
Oct. 23, 2011, 8:50 p.m. CST
Oct. 23, 2011, 8:55 p.m. CST
!He de beber hasta!
Oct. 23, 2011, 9:01 p.m. CST
by vic twenty
By Allah, I will Drink your Milkshake!!!!!!!!!
Oct. 23, 2011, 9:02 p.m. CST
THE LOVER, with Jane March. It was purty... ;)
Oct. 23, 2011, 9:17 p.m. CST
Oh crumbs, did I lower the tone?
Oct. 23, 2011, 9:20 p.m. CST
Oct. 23, 2011, 9:22 p.m. CST
Oct. 23, 2011, 9:24 p.m. CST
by Doug Phillips
what a boring ass story
Oct. 23, 2011, 9:25 p.m. CST
Oct. 23, 2011, 9:40 p.m. CST
by Al Swearengen
In Deadwood, we had real fuckin' gold. The color. Nothing like what these heathen dirt-worshippers pedal on the global fuckin' thoroughfare.
Oct. 23, 2011, 9:41 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Oct. 23, 2011, 9:54 p.m. CST
...promise a nostalgic return to the sweeping family friendly epic. Looking forward to both!
Oct. 23, 2011, 10:26 p.m. CST
Right here: http://youtu.be/rmWXexv4oQo
Oct. 23, 2011, 10:34 p.m. CST
As for this, while a huge production, it seems a little meh with the English-spoken bombast.
Oct. 23, 2011, 10:40 p.m. CST
by Al Swearengen
What a type you must consort with that you don't fear getting beaten to death everyday simply for fuckin' being alive.
Oct. 23, 2011, 10:53 p.m. CST
Oct. 23, 2011, 10:56 p.m. CST
That motherfucker can play any ethnicity you can throw at him. I'd believe him as fuckin' Hirohito if they ever made that movie.
Oct. 23, 2011, 11:05 p.m. CST
Oct. 23, 2011, 11:39 p.m. CST
oil that is, black gold! texas tea!
Oct. 24, 2011, 12:30 a.m. CST
Did no one else see how terrible tht looked? Just because you're playing someone from the Middle East does not mean every look, every line should imply some profound wisdom is being shared. And almost every line in that trailer was a total clunker.
Oct. 24, 2011, 2:25 a.m. CST
always good for a giggle.
Oct. 24, 2011, 3:05 a.m. CST
I can hear my Dad saying "they don't make 'em like that anymore."
Oct. 24, 2011, 4:07 a.m. CST
The last one I saw of his was "Two Brothers", which was good albeit mostly aimed at younger people. Really looking forward to this-- his "The Name of the Rose" is one of my favorite films (nothing compared to the novel, though, but that's a side matter).
Oct. 24, 2011, 5:41 a.m. CST
by Colin Dent
Might stick my neck out here, but I think he's the best UK actor working in Hollywood. A lot of the geek community will only know him from Kick-ass and Lantern, but the fact is he's a great actor who can play anything he's given. He was in two British TV dramas, 'Our Friends In The North' and 'The Long Firm' and he's brilliant in both. You know it's Mark Strong, but it's always a character a writer has created and Strong builds on. There are a lot of UK actors who've cracked it stateside, but churn out the same lazy tropes every fuckin' time (Yes, I'm pointing at you Odin) but Mark Strong isn't one of them.
Oct. 24, 2011, 6:03 a.m. CST
Oct. 24, 2011, 9:27 a.m. CST
It was just us in the theater. Great movie!
Oct. 24, 2011, 9:39 a.m. CST
See, the problem is that these Europeans show up, find oil and say - 'We found this great source of wealth! Yay!' in front of the locals, who are very intelligent shrewd business types. What they should have done was to show up and say, "We noticed all this ugly black stuff coming up in your lovely desert. What say we clean it up for you? We'll just suck it out of the ground and take it all away. We won't even charge you..." But, no. They had to blab.
Oct. 24, 2011, 1:23 p.m. CST
by D o o d
when white actors had their faces painted to represent different races and cultures!
Oct. 24, 2011, 3:19 p.m. CST
so he can drop the ball. He was a completely forgettable villain. Agree that he is usually amazing.
Oct. 24, 2011, 3:39 p.m. CST
Oct. 24, 2011, 4:19 p.m. CST
Or maybe Banderas simply gives a fuck these days about what he is seen in.
Oct. 24, 2011, 5:44 p.m. CST
Oh, this is about oil?
Oct. 25, 2011, 8:31 a.m. CST
wait...actually it is.
Oct. 25, 2011, 11:56 a.m. CST
Oct. 25, 2011, 8:36 p.m. CST
Looks amazing. I too loved The Bear and Quest For Fire, but had no idea he made Enemy At The Gates, which I will now try to get on Netflix. FACT!! Didn't care for Seven Years In Tibet. OPINION!! I just hope no-one in this film has a bomb in his ribcage. That would be racist. OPINION!!
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 123 total posts 123 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 85 total posts 51 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 251 total posts 47 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 123 total posts 47 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 51 total posts 34 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 27 total posts 27 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 19 total posts 19 posts