Live in Chicago? Capone has a limited number of seats to the early fan screening of PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
Well, the Chicago International Film Festival is nearly complete, so it's time for me to start looking ahead and thinking about advanced screenings I can present to the lovely people of Chicago. And I figured why not start out with a film franchise that seems to have captured mainstream audiences in ways I simply can't explain, not do I want to. I'm happy when any horror or scare film does well, because hopefully some kid out there is inspired by these new-generation movies to seek out some of the classics. It just so happens that I truly dig the PARANORMAL ACTIVITY franchise. The first film really surprised me with its effectiveness, the second film just plain scared me, and I can't wait to see one of the 20 fan screenings of PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3 happening this Tuesday, October 18, in the 20 cities that tweeted their little fingers off to get this event in their town.
I'll be hosting the Chicago screening, which will take place at 10:00pm (please note the late start time) at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners of this contest). Now, I believe at this point all 20 screenings are sold out, but just in case I'm wrong or additional seats become available, check www.ParanormalMovie.com/, where you can also see a list of the 20 winning cities. I just happen to have 20 seats (10 pairs of tickets) to fill for the sold-out Chicago screening, and I bet some of you are wondering how to get ahold of a pair so you can watch the early ghostly adventures of Katie and Kristi Rey before the rest of the world. Here are the details…
Send me an email at ParanormalChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "September 1988" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (guests' names are not required), and the answer to the following question (read carefully): "What scared you the most as a child, and why?" It can be a movie, a food, an animal, a creepy relative, whatever; just give the what it was that scared you and the reason it did so. Keep your responses BRIEF--limit it to 75 words (if you go over this limit, your entry goes in the trash). People with the most interesting answers and truly convey their fear win. Winners will hear from me soon. I'm only keeping this contest open for about 12 hours, so enter right away.
I'm not sure if AICN winners will have reserved seats or not, but let's assume we will not. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter.
Since I'm giving you such short notice on this screening, and there's really no excuse to enter a contest like this and then not show up, anyone not showing up or whose guest doesn't show up runs the risk of being no longer eligible for future screening contests.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Paramount Pictures for giving us this very fun screening.
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 17, 2011, 2:17 a.m. CST
by Margot Tenenbaum
Oct. 17, 2011, 6:17 a.m. CST
Oct. 17, 2011, 7:21 a.m. CST
I have a limited amount of interest in this non-entity of a series. Limited to nothingness, one might say.
Oct. 17, 2011, 8:22 a.m. CST
I liked Paranormal Activity - it doesn't hold up on repeat viewings, and even by the end of the film, the logic began to break down and the fear and suspense turned into annoyance. Paranormal Activity 2 is a film populated with unlikable morons, and they simply repeat the shtick from the first film. Just as the jokes in Airplane 2 are unfunny and recycled from the first film, Paranormal Activity 2 is "unscary" and all the fright scenes recycled from the first film. When I saw it, people laughed at the film, and not in a good way. A third helping of Paranormal Poo? No, thank you. If I want to catch up on the expanding mythology and what happened to the little girls who grew up to be doomed, possessed murderers, I'll just check in on wikipedia sometime in November.
Oct. 17, 2011, 8:42 a.m. CST
The Reagan years were a time of uncertinty. We were still in the cold war and a recession but we also had Nintendo. Little girls getting possesed was not all to uncommon. hollywood produced many movies on the subject matter.
Oct. 17, 2011, 8:43 a.m. CST
but i never saw the first 2. i'm over the "found footage" style, after cloverfield.
Oct. 17, 2011, 8:58 a.m. CST
by Doug Phillips
Oct. 17, 2011, 11:19 a.m. CST
Oct. 17, 2011, 12:30 p.m. CST
Oi! Ain't it Late News got scooped by the bloody Guardian of all sources? http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2011/oct/16/tintin-adventures-secret-of-unicorn
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 287 total posts 151 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 128 total posts 50 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 262 total posts 47 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 60 total posts 22 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- New BATES, BONES, BEAST, BRAIN, BEING, BELIEVE, BITTEN!! BACHELOR & BEAST Finales!! MOTHER, MOLLY, MORTY, MAYNE, KILL, VOICE, DALLAS, SWITCHED, FOSTERS, ROADSHOW, INTELLIGENCE, STARCROSSED, FOLLOWING, WOLF, RAW, & LOST GIRL!! The Return Of THE PEOPLE’S COUCH!! Emily Mortimer On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (1934) -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 314 total posts 13 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 41 total posts 10 posts