Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 23, 2011, 1:06 p.m. CST
meanwhile i know tons of talented people who never get their dream movies made. because of money or laziness.if they had half the energy of these folks... like the reviewer said- it's totally late eighties early nineties late night movie.. is it TRYING to be? if so, congrats. if not...jeeeezus
Sept. 23, 2011, 1:18 p.m. CST
Sept. 23, 2011, 1:18 p.m. CST
I think it's safe to assume it's an homage.
Sept. 23, 2011, 1:57 p.m. CST
Manborg was covered over at Twitch ages ago. They also put up some of the same director's short films, one of which, called Heart Of Karl was brilliant. I really like this guys work. I think he's got a shit load of talent and some great energy. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Manborg. It certainly makes me think of Eliminators, but in a good way because I love that flick. Some of the best flicks that Charlie Band produced were under the Empire Pictures banner.
Sept. 23, 2011, 2:13 p.m. CST
by The Reluctant Austinite
There are probably worse ways to spend 60 minutes at this festival. I can't think of any right now, but I will.
Sept. 23, 2011, 2:19 p.m. CST
All I know is Draculon was fucking awesome. And man, aren't these new Slideshow Collectible Hot Toys awesome? I mean gosh I wish I could afford one of the amazingly rendered Michael Keaton Batman, or Jack Nicholson Joker or Iron Man Mark 1 figures! They look great! Where's the Slideshow Manborg figures? Or Father's Day figures???
Sept. 23, 2011, 2:45 p.m. CST
by Read and Shut Up
...something to eat? Because, uh, he looks like, uh, a Tootsie Pop. Uh.
Sept. 23, 2011, 4:46 p.m. CST
Sept. 23, 2011, 6:15 p.m. CST
by Mace Tofu
68 or 72 minutes... now that is a feature : )
Sept. 23, 2011, 6:19 p.m. CST
I'm super serial guys
Sept. 23, 2011, 7:51 p.m. CST
Sept. 23, 2011, 10:34 p.m. CST
Sept. 23, 2011, 11:56 p.m. CST
by CAPTAIN RIGHTWING
John Ary belongs to the night; John Ary needs no-one to tell him what is wrong and what is right.
Sept. 24, 2011, 8:51 a.m. CST
If a merging of the words 'cybernetic' and 'organism' creates the term 'cyborg' (cyb-org), then what is 'manborg' supposed to represent? A cross between a living organism (man-) and a living organism (-org) with a superfluous letter 'b' in the middle of it? The 'b' doesn't belong to either half of the new word.
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 87 total posts 44 posts
- Is Tarantino about to make Jennifer Lawrence one of THE HATEFUL EIGHT!?! -- 117 total posts 39 posts
- Shane Black to bring Remo Williams back to the big screen in THE DESTROYER! -- 172 total posts 39 posts
- Trailer for Gregg Araki's WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD, Starring Shailene Woodley and Eva Green! -- 31 total posts 25 posts
- Harry Potter spinoff FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM to be directed by someone...who's directed Harry Potter movies! -- 105 total posts 17 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 298 total posts 17 posts
- Trailer for NIGHTCRAWLER! "If it bleeds, it leads!" -- 59 total posts 15 posts
- So, What Is This BATMAN v SUPERMAN Prop Newspaper Showing Us?? [MILD SPOILER] -- 176 total posts 10 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 343 total posts 10 posts
- Showtime Renews MASTERS OF SEX And RAY DONOVAN For Third Seasons!! -- 36 total posts 6 posts