Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 23, 2011, 1:06 p.m. CST
meanwhile i know tons of talented people who never get their dream movies made. because of money or laziness.if they had half the energy of these folks... like the reviewer said- it's totally late eighties early nineties late night movie.. is it TRYING to be? if so, congrats. if not...jeeeezus
Sept. 23, 2011, 1:18 p.m. CST
Sept. 23, 2011, 1:18 p.m. CST
I think it's safe to assume it's an homage.
Sept. 23, 2011, 1:57 p.m. CST
Manborg was covered over at Twitch ages ago. They also put up some of the same director's short films, one of which, called Heart Of Karl was brilliant. I really like this guys work. I think he's got a shit load of talent and some great energy. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Manborg. It certainly makes me think of Eliminators, but in a good way because I love that flick. Some of the best flicks that Charlie Band produced were under the Empire Pictures banner.
Sept. 23, 2011, 2:13 p.m. CST
by The Reluctant Austinite
There are probably worse ways to spend 60 minutes at this festival. I can't think of any right now, but I will.
Sept. 23, 2011, 2:19 p.m. CST
All I know is Draculon was fucking awesome. And man, aren't these new Slideshow Collectible Hot Toys awesome? I mean gosh I wish I could afford one of the amazingly rendered Michael Keaton Batman, or Jack Nicholson Joker or Iron Man Mark 1 figures! They look great! Where's the Slideshow Manborg figures? Or Father's Day figures???
Sept. 23, 2011, 2:45 p.m. CST
by Read and Shut Up
...something to eat? Because, uh, he looks like, uh, a Tootsie Pop. Uh.
Sept. 23, 2011, 4:46 p.m. CST
Sept. 23, 2011, 6:15 p.m. CST
by Mace Tofu
68 or 72 minutes... now that is a feature : )
Sept. 23, 2011, 6:19 p.m. CST
I'm super serial guys
Sept. 23, 2011, 7:51 p.m. CST
Sept. 23, 2011, 10:34 p.m. CST
Sept. 23, 2011, 11:56 p.m. CST
by CAPTAIN RIGHTWING
John Ary belongs to the night; John Ary needs no-one to tell him what is wrong and what is right.
Sept. 24, 2011, 8:51 a.m. CST
If a merging of the words 'cybernetic' and 'organism' creates the term 'cyborg' (cyb-org), then what is 'manborg' supposed to represent? A cross between a living organism (man-) and a living organism (-org) with a superfluous letter 'b' in the middle of it? The 'b' doesn't belong to either half of the new word.
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 335 total posts 335 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 212 total posts 163 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 143 total posts 143 posts
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 298 total posts 138 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 267 total posts 108 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 67 total posts 67 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 92 total posts 62 posts
- There's some cross-promotion going on in the credits of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and it's not hinting at what you think! -- 102 total posts 57 posts
- Here’s A Poster And Trailer For THE ROVER - Guy Pearce In A Post Apocalyptic Hell Down Under!! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 163 total posts 44 posts