Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 23, 2011, 1:06 p.m. CST
meanwhile i know tons of talented people who never get their dream movies made. because of money or laziness.if they had half the energy of these folks... like the reviewer said- it's totally late eighties early nineties late night movie.. is it TRYING to be? if so, congrats. if not...jeeeezus
Sept. 23, 2011, 1:18 p.m. CST
Sept. 23, 2011, 1:18 p.m. CST
I think it's safe to assume it's an homage.
Sept. 23, 2011, 1:57 p.m. CST
Manborg was covered over at Twitch ages ago. They also put up some of the same director's short films, one of which, called Heart Of Karl was brilliant. I really like this guys work. I think he's got a shit load of talent and some great energy. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Manborg. It certainly makes me think of Eliminators, but in a good way because I love that flick. Some of the best flicks that Charlie Band produced were under the Empire Pictures banner.
Sept. 23, 2011, 2:13 p.m. CST
by The Reluctant Austinite
There are probably worse ways to spend 60 minutes at this festival. I can't think of any right now, but I will.
Sept. 23, 2011, 2:19 p.m. CST
All I know is Draculon was fucking awesome. And man, aren't these new Slideshow Collectible Hot Toys awesome? I mean gosh I wish I could afford one of the amazingly rendered Michael Keaton Batman, or Jack Nicholson Joker or Iron Man Mark 1 figures! They look great! Where's the Slideshow Manborg figures? Or Father's Day figures???
Sept. 23, 2011, 2:45 p.m. CST
by Read and Shut Up
...something to eat? Because, uh, he looks like, uh, a Tootsie Pop. Uh.
Sept. 23, 2011, 4:46 p.m. CST
Sept. 23, 2011, 6:15 p.m. CST
by Mace Tofu
68 or 72 minutes... now that is a feature : )
Sept. 23, 2011, 6:19 p.m. CST
I'm super serial guys
Sept. 23, 2011, 7:51 p.m. CST
Sept. 23, 2011, 10:34 p.m. CST
Sept. 23, 2011, 11:56 p.m. CST
by CAPTAIN RIGHTWING
John Ary belongs to the night; John Ary needs no-one to tell him what is wrong and what is right.
Sept. 24, 2011, 8:51 a.m. CST
If a merging of the words 'cybernetic' and 'organism' creates the term 'cyborg' (cyb-org), then what is 'manborg' supposed to represent? A cross between a living organism (man-) and a living organism (-org) with a superfluous letter 'b' in the middle of it? The 'b' doesn't belong to either half of the new word.
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 24 total posts 24 posts
- Morgan Freeman Joins the Cast of BEN-HUR! -- 230 total posts 8 posts
‘Why Must It Always
Hercules Loves The Return Of Nelson Van Alden In Tonight’s BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! -- 37 total posts 7 posts
- STAR TREK Vet Bryan Fuller’s HIGH MOON Pilot Hits Syfy!! The Dome Is Shrinking On Penultimate UNDER!! 3-Hour International NINJA WARRIOR Special!! APPROVAL MATRIX & MASTERCHEF Finales!! LOVE & HIP HOP HOLLYWOOD Premiere!! New MNF, DALLAS, WOLF, MODEL & RAW!! TERROR IN NAIROBI On HBO!! Bill Hader & Nancy Pelosi on SETH!! Tim Olyphant & Nasim Pedrad On CONAN!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Kelvington Says Tonight’s DOCTOR WHO Is A Perfect Episode – Were It Not For The Episode’s Foreshadowing!! -- 138 total posts 4 posts
- ‘Listen’!! Reader Reaction To DOCTOR WHO S08E04 Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk Reviews The ‘Zygon Hunt’ Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 418 total posts 4 posts
- Tommy Lee Jones and Hilary Swank escort some crazy ladies across the old west in the trailer for THE HOMESMAN! -- 56 total posts 3 posts
- Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are Back Together in the First Trailer for SERENA! -- 113 total posts 3 posts
- 2nd Sept 2014 PICKS & PEEKS Column: CAP 2, Pumpkinhead, Toho, Addams, Star Trek, Slashers, Comedy & Action+ -- 1527 total posts 2 posts
- The Jurors Return To The BIG BROTHER House!! PBS’ ROOSEVELTS Premiere!! New STRAIN, MANHATTAN, SEX, NAKED & RAY!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 19 total posts 2 posts