ScoreKeeper Announces the Five Winners Receiving the Recently Sold-Out COMMANDO CD by James Horner!
Greetings! ScoreKeeper here to announce the five winners who will be receiving CDs of James Horner's score for COMMANDO which was recently released (and quickly sold out) by La-La Land Records. I received a lot of entries for this one. Demand still lingers long after its rapid sell out.
And by the way...French green beans are generally referred to as hericot verts. Don't worry. If you got it wrong you were still eligible.
The five winners are...
Tony Hubbard of Austin, Texas
Robert Borowski of Santa Monica, California
Chris Minshall of Lees Summit, Missouri
Brendan Broman of Brooklyn, New York
Mark Huang of New York, New York
Thanks to everybody that entered. Congratulations to the winners. You should be receiving your copy of COMMANDO shortly.
If you're on Twitter look me up...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 12, 2011, 10:14 p.m. CST
Sept. 12, 2011, 10:22 p.m. CST
But good to see two New Yorkers, one from Brooklyn, winning the CD's.
Sept. 12, 2011, 10:41 p.m. CST
but, congrats to the winners!!!
Sept. 12, 2011, 10:57 p.m. CST
I downloaded this a few days ago (since no money lost for La-La Land) and this OST definitely isn't my cuppa. Very weird combination of 80s synths, jazz-like noodling and steel drums with key clashing and tempo changes throughout. Many times it sounds like Mike Oldfield's TUBULAR BELLS to freestyle trumpeting and percussion (or a failed attempt at an 80s remix version of THE LITTLE MERMAID'S ''Under the sea''). As an example, try the track ''Matrix Climbs Up Bank'' - it's ridiculous. Glad La-La Land instantly recouped on this, though I have no understanding why. I suppose there's standard James Horner under there somewhere.
Sept. 12, 2011, 11:09 p.m. CST
I've been having trouble downloading free music ever since limewire was shut down.
Sept. 12, 2011, 11:12 p.m. CST
But if you can't find it with a Google, something's amiss!
Sept. 12, 2011, 11:24 p.m. CST
Over 70 minutes of score, and comes with bonus tracks including a Howarth track and his sound effects library at the end. Really deluxe package with a picture disc and a booklet which covers basically everything about the recording. Suprised Scorekeeper missed this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HAP2OC
Sept. 12, 2011, 11:26 p.m. CST
Sept. 12, 2011, 11:45 p.m. CST
Sept. 12, 2011, 11:53 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Sept. 13, 2011, 3:59 a.m. CST
if you're going to spam a board with spam, be a classy spammer and spell your fuckin' spam correctly. Spam.
Sept. 13, 2011, 4:22 a.m. CST
All 5 were US winners? Seems a little convenient?
Sept. 13, 2011, 7:49 a.m. CST
Not too many soundtracks left on my 'to get' list. A nice official "Excalibur" soundtrack is still my Holy Grail (pun intended). Not sure what else. The two-fer of "Commando" and "The Black Hole" was awesome.
Sept. 13, 2011, 8:48 a.m. CST
I love this music. It's complete fantasy music. It's not beholden to any genre. Horner was flying maverick with this score. He was young upstartin it
Oct. 19, 2011, 6:42 a.m. CST
=========== http://www.styleown.com =========== Oakley Sunglasses,Versace Sunglasses,Coach Purse,Coach Outlet,Tiffany Jewelry,Tiffany Rings,Tiffany Necklace Online Store,Get Name Brand Fashion From 12USD Now!===== Lv,Gucci,Prada,Coach,Chanel Women sanda
Oct. 23, 2011, 10:23 p.m. CST
by alan schmoe
not that commando was badly scored, thiers just better horner scored films.
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 198 total posts 173 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 158 total posts 114 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 194 total posts 51 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 558 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 180 total posts 23 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 111 total posts 21 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 356 total posts 9 posts
- REAL HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION Premiere!! The Return Of ORPHAN BLACK!! Hallmark’s A LESSON IN ROMANCE!! Lifetime’s A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts