Houston! We've Got 25 Tickets To Give Away For Nicolas Winding Refn's DRIVE! UPDATE: ALL GONE!
UPDATE - ALL GONE! I'll send the winners an email and post the list. These went very fast, so if you didn't send it by noon today, you probably didn't get in.
Been dying to see this one for months now, and word on the street is that it's really terrific. I'm really excited to see it myself, and Houston is having a promo screening next Wednesday before it opens on Friday, September 16th. I have 25 tickets to give away to Nicolas Winding Refn's DRIVE!
I tried to think of some elaborate contest for tickets, but I simply don't have the time. So, if interested, email me at email@example.com with the subject line AICN DRIVES ME CRAZY! I'll take your name and the name of ONE guest, if you're bringing someone. You can also just enter by yourself. Winners will be notified by email.
As always, this screening is overbooked to insure capacity, and since AICN is not the only promo at this event I'm certain this will fill up very quickly, so arrive early. You name on the list does not guarantee a seat. As this should fill up pretty rapidly with requests, I'll probably have the winners by this afternoon. I loved BRONSON and I think Refn's one of the most interesting filmmakers out there today. This one's going to be a good one, so get on it!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 8, 2011, 8:11 a.m. CST
Sure there's a ton of Oscar-guaranteed stuff like Ides of March and Tinker Tailor and J Edgar etc but I feel like this film is just doing to demolish them in terms of fun storytelling...I hate when movies are made knowing they'll win awards...this thing looks like pure art and just the pink/purple retro title deserves an award... Wish I lived in Houston but sadly Champaign, IL is far away and the closest theater in Savoy is filled with idiotic college kids every weekend night...
Sept. 8, 2011, 8:11 a.m. CST
sorry, no edit button.
Sept. 8, 2011, 8:50 a.m. CST
I'd totally rather drive to Houston to see Drive than win the tickets for Moneyball...that's either how much I wanna see Drive, or how little I want to see Moneyball...either way..Houston is lucky
Sept. 8, 2011, 9:05 a.m. CST
No bullshit. Fucking incredible.
Sept. 8, 2011, 9:21 a.m. CST
Sept. 8, 2011, 10:03 a.m. CST
by Spandau Belly
He's one of the best working filmmakers and has yet to make a bad film. I am really looking forward to this film.
Sept. 8, 2011, 10:45 a.m. CST
by professor murder
Upon seeing the preview, I was getting the feeling that this would be hard to believe with Gosling in the role. I just couldn't picture him doing it. I hope it works out though, because I think he's a great actor who needs to break out of the chick flick, low key, moody type of films that he's been doing a lot of. If he would have had an action hit already, he would probably have gotten the Hawkeye role instead of Renner.
Sept. 8, 2011, 10:48 a.m. CST
by professor murder
..because he's attached to his next film as the top billing as well, "Only God Forgives".
Sept. 8, 2011, 11:06 a.m. CST
Awesome, the trailer looks good and heard nothing but excellent review on the movie. Great screening of 50/50 yesterday btw, good job (Pork pulled sandwich, yummy) and my girlfriend told me y'all were talking about this movie yesterday and here it is. Cool
Sept. 8, 2011, 11:33 a.m. CST
Really looking forward to this.
Sept. 8, 2011, 12:51 p.m. CST
After seeing some interviews with him on Valhalla Rising, it became clear he knows what he's doing.
Sept. 8, 2011, 3:58 p.m. CST
Bring that shit to me!!!
Sept. 8, 2011, 5:35 p.m. CST
I keed, I keed! This and TINKER TAILOR are my two most anticipated flicks the rest of the year.
Sept. 8, 2011, 6:18 p.m. CST
one thing I heard negative about Tinker, Tailor that kind of turned me off of it even though I've been really excited is that one of the characters who'd written as a woman-loving, player, who's suave and dashing and actually uses that charisma with women to spy....is now in this version a gay guy with a weird crush on Oldman's character... I really hope that's not true or else it's a POS way of ruining a character as written, only to play to the gay crowd....Plus, we all know Oldman is getting the Oscar nomination anyway so what is the gay part?, maybe a guarantee he'll win? Idk, worked for Sean Penn i guess... That's the only thing that bugs me though...other than that it looks great....and I can't wait to see Drive next weekend
Sept. 8, 2011, 6:19 p.m. CST
I decide to actually work/not look at the Internet. Bleh.
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 222 total posts 67 posts
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 162 total posts 48 posts
- Here come a remake that will really make you feel old - Sony is fast tracking a remake to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! -- 113 total posts 29 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 58 total posts 27 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 27 total posts 27 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 131 total posts 21 posts
- Scott Glenn Joins Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll For Netflix’s DAREDEVIL Series!! -- 63 total posts 20 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 101 total posts 19 posts
- 2nd Sept 2014 PICKS & PEEKS Column: CAP 2, Pumpkinhead, Toho, Addams, Star Trek, Slashers, Comedy & Action+ -- 1771 total posts 18 posts
- New Poster for V/H/S: VIRAL!!! -- 32 total posts 15 posts