Introducing The Houston Alamo Kids' Club With A Special 35mm Screening Of THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER!
Ain't It Cool News, along with 8th Dimension Comics and Games and the Alamo Drafthouse, are proud to present the monthly screenings of the Houston Alamo Kids' Club! We're going to be doing special films for the whole family every month, with prizes, contests and games, special trailer reels, and just general family fun. Some of the movies we've got lined up are going to be real treats and I can't wait to share them with the Houston family film community. Bring the kids, your friends, and share in this excellent film.
First up for the Kids' Club is THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER, obviously, but what's not so obvious is that we managed to score a rare 35mm print! See Jim Henson's Muppets as they were meant to be seen on the big screen. I've been waiting for this event for what seems like forever. As many of you know, I'm big on the Muppets. My most anticipated film for the year is THE MUPPETS, and I adore the original films as well. Go to the Drafthouse link for more details. Best yet, all Kids' Club screenings are FREE! It's first-come-first-serve, and this will fill up very, very quickly. The screening starts at 11:00 AM at the Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park in Katy. Hopefully we'll have enough surprises in store for you and your kids to enjoy and share. Next month's screening... let's just say it's about a loner... a rebel. Hope to see the family there!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 29, 2011, 7:33 p.m. CST
by Longtime Lurker
Gotta Love em :)
Aug. 29, 2011, 7:39 p.m. CST
While I do live the Muppet movie, Caper didn't have the sentimental moments that kills you at any age that you need tissues. I love the baseball scene with Muppet Howard Cosell.
Aug. 29, 2011, 8:07 p.m. CST
that I loved it and that scene where Kermit is riding a bicycle. Makes me laugh just thinking about it. Oh yeah, and the Rainbow Connection; I had the soundtrack.
Aug. 29, 2011, 8:14 p.m. CST
the opening musical scene of this movie has stayed with me for over 25 years... this is my favorite of all the muppet movies.
Aug. 29, 2011, 8:59 p.m. CST
Charles Grodin's sexy cat-burglar/supermodel/hench-women. Serious boner material for a 5 year old between them and the Solid Gold Dancers.
Aug. 29, 2011, 10:06 p.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
By a landslide. Love this movie. Watched it just weeks ago w/ my daughters and it still holds up. Too bad for them there pop is a flaming troll who won't get behind any new muppet movies . . .
Aug. 29, 2011, 11:18 p.m. CST
They'll fill the crowd with die hard muppet fans and then show the new movie and get a bunch of positive reviews. It's the same thing they did with the new Star Trek, they pretended to screen Wrath of Khan, and then switched films
Aug. 29, 2011, 11:26 p.m. CST
But then, that's also the only one I saw 100 times as a kid. Still... its fucking fantastic.
Aug. 29, 2011, 11:27 p.m. CST
Seems very fucking amateurish.
Aug. 29, 2011, 11:28 p.m. CST
Its... a fucking kids' show. I don't see any other website- CNN, Slashfilm, MTV, DarkHorizons, IMDB, pulling this shit. Ever.
Aug. 29, 2011, 11:42 p.m. CST
Great way to introduce some kiddie classics and hopefully pass along some of the wonder of the theater experience (and respect for the theater experience) to the next, increasingly jaded generation. I'm sure they'll love Pee Wee's Big Adventure too.
Aug. 29, 2011, 11:49 p.m. CST
What color are their hands now?
Aug. 30, 2011, 12:35 a.m. CST
And I love that movie. When I was a kid, I used to have the Happiness Hotel glass from at McDonald's. Memories...
Aug. 30, 2011, 12:57 a.m. CST
by Chris Moody
...instead of The Great Muppet Caper. So predictable.
Aug. 30, 2011, 7:44 a.m. CST
Now I just have to: 1) Have a kid. 2) Move to Houston. 3) Give one shit about this. All of which are very unlikely to happen. Hey report whatever. Wait, wait. Let me report something just as relevant to as many people. I just farted and it stinks.
Aug. 30, 2011, 7:47 a.m. CST
Excellent quote! Thanks also to Alamo Drafthouse! This will give my kids something to do besides hang around watching Spongebob or going outside in the Texas heat, boiling in their own juices.
Aug. 30, 2011, 8:41 a.m. CST
by C A Iversen
What colour are their hands now?
Aug. 30, 2011, 8:51 a.m. CST
Just make fliers and hand them out on the street in Texas. "You know, for kids!"
Aug. 30, 2011, 9:12 a.m. CST
by eric haislar
The Muppets can be enjoyed by everyone at any age.
Aug. 30, 2011, 9:23 a.m. CST
I agree, the Muppets are enjoyed by anyone at any age. I love the Muppets! I was referring not to the movie itself, but the "Kids' Club" as it is named.
Aug. 30, 2011, 9:34 a.m. CST
....will be surrounded by creepy middle aged men.
Aug. 30, 2011, 9:43 a.m. CST
I love the idea of the opportunity to develop some real love of GOOD movies; not the dumbed down crap that is often foisted off on kids. Never been to the Alamo Drafthouse, but it brings to a total of ONE the reasons I sometimes wish I lived in Texas.
Aug. 30, 2011, 10:06 a.m. CST
Aug. 30, 2011, 11:05 a.m. CST
by Samuel Fulmer
I just wanted to cool off!
Aug. 30, 2011, 12:07 p.m. CST
Come on people, AICN has always been geared towards families and children, just check the talkbacks for the past 10 years. Children just love Attack of the Block and posts that are truncated, families from all races and creeds have been coming here for years for their family entertainment needs, so let's keep it family-friendly as always and polite and respectful as always!
Aug. 30, 2011, 1:15 p.m. CST
by Samuel Fulmer
Aug. 30, 2011, 1:47 p.m. CST
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 248 total posts 112 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 247 total posts 32 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 95 total posts 17 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 52 total posts 14 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 309 total posts 8 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 95 total posts 7 posts
- Spring Forward With Lauren Cohen & Sonequa Martin-Green On TALKING DEAD!! Data Brokers On 60 MINUTES!! The Premieres Of Fox’s COSMOS, Lohan’s LINDSAY & Carolla’s CATCH A CONTRATOR!! The Returns Of BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, ONCE & REVENGE!! New GIRLS, ISLAND, AMAZING, SHAMELESS, FIANCE, WIVES, AX!! KARDASHIANS & LOOKING Finales!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 9 total posts 6 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 37 total posts 6 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (1934) -- 5 total posts 5 posts