We're Getting Another TOY STORY Short In Front Of THE MUPPETS!
According to the official Disney Pixar Twitter feed, one cartoon short was just not enough for the TOY STORY characters this year. We'll be getting "Small Fry" in front of November's THE MUPPETS. The Toy Story characters and the Muppets in one movie expperience - that may just be too much joy for mere mortals to handle.
And to Houstonians, our Alamo Kids Club GREAT MUPPET CAPER screening is getting a huge response, just judging by all the people sending me emails or asking me about it at screenings this week. Just a few things - it's on September 17th at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park, not sure of the time yet, but because it's free, it will have first-come first-served seating, and we anticipate a huge response and turnout. We have a lot of fun things planed, and from what I know might be happening, well, this is the screening I'm most excited about in the coming months, except maybe Fantastic Fest and BNAT. This WILL fill up, I'm fairly certain, and I can't wait. More information when I get it!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 19, 2011, 9:56 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
A fourth Toy Story movie? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug. 19, 2011, 9:57 p.m. CST
the world needs him
Aug. 19, 2011, 9:59 p.m. CST
by Not The Messiah
Aug. 19, 2011, 10:03 p.m. CST
by PRESIDENT BALTAR
WHO CARES ?!?!?!?!?!
Aug. 19, 2011, 10:56 p.m. CST
by D o o d
pixar can do anything else!
Aug. 19, 2011, 11:17 p.m. CST
Although I thought the Hawaiian vacation short was a little weak. It wasn't up to typical Toy Story nor Pixar shorts level of goodness. Hopefully the next one will be better.
Aug. 19, 2011, 11:18 p.m. CST
Aug. 20, 2011, 1:08 a.m. CST
by Bass Ackwards
What is the first one?
Aug. 20, 2011, 2:07 a.m. CST
Aug. 20, 2011, 2:22 a.m. CST
The first Toy Story short was shown prior to Cars 2.
Aug. 20, 2011, 7:01 a.m. CST
That movie exists on Netflix streaming, but I've been watching old HAVE GUN, WILL TRAVEL episodes instead. Call me when Woody becomes a hired gun.
Aug. 20, 2011, 8:13 a.m. CST
Gets rid of all that tension, wondering when the studio would fumble the ball. Every time I'd hear of a new pixar project (Rat wants to be a chef, Old man puts balloons on house, silent robot rolls around empty dystopian future) I'd cringe, thinking that it would be the one - and then they'd wow me again and again. At least when Cars 2 was disappointing, it was kinda like, "Oh well, its only Cars 2". The Toy Story short was amusing and harmless. More are welcomed. My kids love all of the Pixar shorts. Can't wait for the next DVD.
Aug. 20, 2011, 9:44 a.m. CST
To answer your inane question, plenty of people. Now kindly fuck off. Good day.
Aug. 20, 2011, 9:54 a.m. CST
I haven't seen any of the Toy Story movies so you can understand my complete lack of interest in this dogturd of a news item. I loathe all these stupid, terrible, animated Pixar movies and you should too. Talking weasels and breakdancing teapots and all that shit is fine if you're a kid (actually it's not -these fucking films are full of sinister subliminals), but adults shouldn't be discussing a new Toy Story short.
Aug. 20, 2011, 11:32 a.m. CST
You're about to get some venomous retorts and despite the fact that I disagree with you, your comment had better insight than most talkbacks I've ever read. Anyway, this sounds fun and I believe it was announced back in March. Does anyone know how many shorts they plan to do for Toy Story?
Aug. 20, 2011, 12:16 p.m. CST
I don't hear any buzz for A Bug's Life 2. I mean, it was successful and acclaimed but nobody talks about it. There were some great older actors in the voice cast who are no longer with us but I doubt that's the reason everybody seems comfortable with leaving this as a one-off and not a franchise.
Aug. 20, 2011, 1:28 p.m. CST
Bend over Woody and Buzz. Prepare to be shamelessly pimped out for the next 50 years.
Aug. 20, 2011, 1:43 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
If they HAD to do a money-grubbing shit sequel, I'm glad it was to the weakest Pixar movie rather than Toy Story 3. Now I'm left worrying about Monsters University... And balaclava...kindly fuck off. You're obviously confusing Pixar with Dreamworks/Blue Sky.
Aug. 20, 2011, 3:31 p.m. CST
By your tone and "insight" I'll have to guess that nobody has taken the opportunity to breed with you.
Aug. 20, 2011, 5:20 p.m. CST
that Pixar would be making two Toy Story shorts. One in front of Cars 2 and the other in front of Muppets. But I think that the news of the title is new though.
Aug. 22, 2011, 12:02 p.m. CST
Aug. 22, 2011, 7:33 p.m. CST
by PRESIDENT BALTAR
so, are you a pedophile, a faggot, or both?
- Nordling Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Spoilers Abound! You Are Warned! -- 466 total posts 234 posts
- The big screen adaptation of ASSASSIN'S CREED has been given a release date!!! -- 104 total posts 90 posts
- AVENGERS 2 might be filming in SOUTH AFRICA, does this mean that Black Panther is going to be a part of the action!?! -- 295 total posts 49 posts
- Capone reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS and considers the art of messing with canon and why it doesn't bother him!!! -- 434 total posts 42 posts
- Harry gets seriously geeky on the very geeky cool STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Can't wait for the next one! & See this again! -- 1386 total posts 39 posts
- Did you guys like RED 2? Oh it's not out yet, well who cares?? Get ready for RED 3 anyways!!! -- 85 total posts 28 posts
- ‘I Am Not Fucking Like You!!’ The 3-Minute Trailer For The Rampling-Enhanced Final Season Of DEXTER!! -- 66 total posts 24 posts
- UPDATE The Friday Docback Calls 'The Name of the Doctor'!! DOCTOR WHO's S7 Finale Arrives This Weekend!! Now With Glen's Ultra-Brief, SPOILER FREE MiniReview!! -- 89 total posts 24 posts
- Christopher Nolan maybe, could be, might be, directing the next BOND film!?!?! -- 496 total posts 21 posts
- LAST THURSDAY OF SWEEPS!! The Last OFFICE Ever!! New HANNIBAL, WIPEOUT & ANGER!! Finales For ELEMENTARY, BANG, IDOL, GREY’S, SCANDAL, VAMPIRE & BEAST!! Kirk On KIMMEL!! Spock On CONAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 153 total posts 14 posts