Greetings! ScoreKeeper here ringside to announce a fight for the ages. Two colossal titans of film scoring bashing it out for bragging rights which could make you a winner.
In this corner we have James "What-A-Good-Boy-Am-I" Horner. He's scored a mountain of teary-eyed dramas, sci-fi spectaculars, and fantastical films from TITANIC (1997), APOLLO 13 (1995), BRAVEHEART (1995), LEGENDS OF THE FALL (1994), GLORY (1989), ALIENS (1986), COCOON (1985), and STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN (1982) to name a few.
In the opposite corner sits Hans "I'll-Score-Whatever-I-Want" Zimmer. He's arguably the most popular film composer on the planet backed by hordes of blockbusting hits like INCEPTION (2010), THE DARK KNIGHT (2008), PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END (2007), THE LION KING (1994), BLACK HAWK DOWN (2001), and SHERLOCK HOLMES (2009).
Which one would win in a no-holds-barred duke 'em-out tune duel?
Make your case and it could be you!
I've got in my possession five copies each of a brand new 2-disc compilation album featuring the music of James Horner and Hans Zimmer. The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra has re-recorded a lot of fantastic film scores over the years and released some dynamite compilations.
I need to find new homes for five copies each of "The Music of James Horner: Performed by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra" and "The Film Music of Hans Zimmer, Vol. 2: Performed by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra" Both CD sets feature 2 discs chock full of each composers most heralded works.
Here's a track list for each album:
THE MUSIC OF JAMES HORNER PERFORMED BY THE CITY OF PRAGUE PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA
1. I Want To Go Home (From "The Karate Kid")
2. War (From "Avatar")
3. Boys Playing Airplanes (From "The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas")
4. Remember (From "Troy")
5. A Kaleidoscope Of Mathematics (Feat. Helena Blackman) [From ''A Beautiful Mind'']
6. The Wedding (From "Deep Impact")
7. The Mask Of Zorro (End Titles) [From "The Mask Of Zorro"]
8. My Heart Will Go On (Feat. Helena Blackman) [From ''Titanic'']
9. Take Her To Sea, Mr. Murdoch (From "Titanic")
10. Ransom (End Titles) [From "Ransom"]
11. Apollo 13 (End Titles) [From "Apollo 13"]
12. For The Love Of A Princess (From "Braveheart")
13. Braveheart (End Titles) [From "Braveheart"]
14. Legends Of The Fall (End Titles) [From ''Legends Of The Fall'']
1. Lookout Point (End Titles) [From ''Man Without A Face'']
2. A Special Story (From "We're Back: A Dinosaur Story")
3. Electronic Battlefield (From "Patriot Games")
4. To The Rescue (From "The Rocketeer")
5. Charging Fort Wagner (From "Glory)
6. Glory (End Titles) [From "Glory"]
7. Willow (End Titles) [From "Willow"]
8. The Land Before Time (End Titles) [From "The Land Before Time"]
9. Prelude / Ripley's Rescue (From "Aliens")
10. Cocoon (End Titles) [From "Cocoon"]
11. Bird Of Prey Decloaks (From "Star Trek III: The Search For Spock")
12. Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan (End Titles) [From ''Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan'']
13. Battle Beyond The Stars (End Titles) [From "Battle Beyond The Stars"]
THE FILM MUSIC OF HANS ZIMMER PERFORMED BY THE CITY OF PRAGUE PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA
1. Mermaids (From "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides")
2. Mutiny (From "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides")
3. Dream is Collapsing (From "Inception")
4. Time (From "Inception")
5. Honor (From "The Pacific")
6. Discombobulate (From "Sherlock Holmes")
7. 160 BPM (From "Angels & Demons")
8. Aggressive Expansion (From "The Dark Knight")
9. Why So Serious? (From "The Dark Knight")
10. Up Is Down (From "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End")
11. Drink Up, Me Hearties (From "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End")
1. Davy Jones (From "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest")
2. Jack Sparrow (From "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest")
3. Molossus (From "Batman Begins")
4. Zoosters Breakout (From "Madagascar")
5. Woad To Ruin (From "King Arthur")
6. This Is Going To Hurt (From "The Ring")
7. Homeland (From "Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimarron")
8. Leave No Man Behind (From "Black Hawk Down")
9. Injection (From "Mission: Impossible II")
10. Red Sea (From "The Prince of Egypt")
11. End Titles (From "The Peacemaker")
12. This Land (From "The Lion King")
So what do you have to do to have a chance at snagging one of these albums for yourself?
Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject: HORNER VS. ZIMMER! and include your name, mailing address, a valid email address, and your most descriptive play-by-play call of a musical fight between James Horner vs. Hans Zimmer. You decide the shots! You call the action! You proclaim the winner! It's up to you! Back it up with specific film scores, themes, box office receipts, whatever you feel makes a film composer the best.
Based on who you declare the winner, I'll separate the Horner winners from the Zimmer winners. I'll pull out the most creative "fights" and chose five winners from the Horner pile and five winners from the Zimmer pile. If you proclaimed Horner the winner in your musical fight and you were chosen as the winner, you'll received the 2-disc "Music of James Horner" soundtrack. Likewise, if you chose Hans Zimmer as your winner and you yourself were chosen, you'll be receiving the "Film Music of Hans Zimmer" 2-disc compilation album both courtesy of Silva Screen Records.
This should be a great fight. I can't wait to find out who'll be the winner.
The deadline for submission is Sunday, August 21st, at 11:59pm EST. Only one entry per person. International entries will be accepted. Duplicates will be discarded.
It's just moments before the bell...
DING! DING! DING!!!!!
If you're on Twitter look me up...