Houston AICN Readers! Nordling Has Passes To Give Away For DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK Next Tuesday!
I'm dying to see this movie. Troy Nixey's a good guy - I used to chat with him a bit on the CHUD message boards before he moved on to bigger things, and of course we all know Guillermo Del Toro and Matthew Robbins. Word of mouth from various screenings has been very good, and it sounds like we have a new , unique voice in horror. I was hoping to see this one before now, but that's fine, because now I've got a great opportunity to share this with you AICN readers here in Houston.
Next Tuesday, August 16th, we will be having a screening of DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK and I have 70 seats to give away! If you want in, here's how - email email@example.com and tell me your favorite scary movie and why. Doesn't have to be long, but make it interesting as I'll read it. Winners will get a pass emailed to you. This screening is overbooked to ensure capacity so seating is not guaranteed - arrive early to make sure you get in. If I give you a pass and you do not attend, you will not be allowed to come to whatever screening I have next, and I've got some really interesting ones coming later this year, so you don't want to miss out. I should be emailing passes by the end of the week.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 8, 2011, 8:07 p.m. CST
by mick vance
a movie based on that old snick show. man, was i ever disappointed. who wants to see a movie that equates to an extended scene of that eyeball hand monster from pan's labyrinth? where's the haunted mansion movie?
Aug. 8, 2011, 8:23 p.m. CST
by the Green Gargantua
Zilch. This film and the original it is based on will own your cunting ass.
Aug. 8, 2011, 8:45 p.m. CST
But hopefully I win so I can save my nickels, dimes, and pesos for some popcorn and a drink.
Aug. 8, 2011, 8:51 p.m. CST
by Johnny Law
Houston is getting some love from AICN!!!
Aug. 8, 2011, 10:29 p.m. CST
I don't understand.
Aug. 9, 2011, 1:28 a.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2011, 8:02 a.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2011, 9:43 a.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2011, 9:45 a.m. CST
The scene with the eyeball hand monster in Pan's Labyrinth was the best part of the film. Give me ninety minutes of that and I'm sold.
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:26 p.m. CST
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:39 p.m. CST
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:49 p.m. CST
Next an unpublished article will announce Peter Yates is back from the dead. Where's the choppah? I smell a round of Does She Do Anal?
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:54 p.m. CST
Really happy to see AICN in Houston, every time i read about some cool shit happening in Austin, I get mad and think about maybe making the three hour drive. Then I look at my bank account and change my mind.
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 309 total posts 28 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 262 total posts 16 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 582 total posts 16 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 232 total posts 12 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 196 total posts 6 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 198 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 119 total posts 4 posts