Houston AICN Readers! Nordling Has Passes To Give Away For DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK Next Tuesday!
I'm dying to see this movie. Troy Nixey's a good guy - I used to chat with him a bit on the CHUD message boards before he moved on to bigger things, and of course we all know Guillermo Del Toro and Matthew Robbins. Word of mouth from various screenings has been very good, and it sounds like we have a new , unique voice in horror. I was hoping to see this one before now, but that's fine, because now I've got a great opportunity to share this with you AICN readers here in Houston.
Next Tuesday, August 16th, we will be having a screening of DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK and I have 70 seats to give away! If you want in, here's how - email email@example.com and tell me your favorite scary movie and why. Doesn't have to be long, but make it interesting as I'll read it. Winners will get a pass emailed to you. This screening is overbooked to ensure capacity so seating is not guaranteed - arrive early to make sure you get in. If I give you a pass and you do not attend, you will not be allowed to come to whatever screening I have next, and I've got some really interesting ones coming later this year, so you don't want to miss out. I should be emailing passes by the end of the week.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 8, 2011, 8:07 p.m. CST
by mick vance
a movie based on that old snick show. man, was i ever disappointed. who wants to see a movie that equates to an extended scene of that eyeball hand monster from pan's labyrinth? where's the haunted mansion movie?
Aug. 8, 2011, 8:23 p.m. CST
by the Green Gargantua
Zilch. This film and the original it is based on will own your cunting ass.
Aug. 8, 2011, 8:45 p.m. CST
But hopefully I win so I can save my nickels, dimes, and pesos for some popcorn and a drink.
Aug. 8, 2011, 8:51 p.m. CST
by Johnny Law
Houston is getting some love from AICN!!!
Aug. 8, 2011, 10:29 p.m. CST
I don't understand.
Aug. 9, 2011, 1:28 a.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2011, 8:02 a.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2011, 9:43 a.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2011, 9:45 a.m. CST
The scene with the eyeball hand monster in Pan's Labyrinth was the best part of the film. Give me ninety minutes of that and I'm sold.
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:26 p.m. CST
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:39 p.m. CST
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:49 p.m. CST
Next an unpublished article will announce Peter Yates is back from the dead. Where's the choppah? I smell a round of Does She Do Anal?
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:54 p.m. CST
Really happy to see AICN in Houston, every time i read about some cool shit happening in Austin, I get mad and think about maybe making the three hour drive. Then I look at my bank account and change my mind.
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 273 total posts 45 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 82 total posts 29 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 214 total posts 29 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 270 total posts 23 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 243 total posts 10 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 284 total posts 9 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint reports in on the panel of The Giver! Footage! Jeff Bridges Q&A! -- 14 total posts 5 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 32 total posts 5 posts
- Spierig Brothers to Write and Direct WINCHESTER for Hammer! -- 12 total posts 3 posts