Houston AICN Readers! Nordling Has Passes To Give Away For DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK Next Tuesday!
I'm dying to see this movie. Troy Nixey's a good guy - I used to chat with him a bit on the CHUD message boards before he moved on to bigger things, and of course we all know Guillermo Del Toro and Matthew Robbins. Word of mouth from various screenings has been very good, and it sounds like we have a new , unique voice in horror. I was hoping to see this one before now, but that's fine, because now I've got a great opportunity to share this with you AICN readers here in Houston.
Next Tuesday, August 16th, we will be having a screening of DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK and I have 70 seats to give away! If you want in, here's how - email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me your favorite scary movie and why. Doesn't have to be long, but make it interesting as I'll read it. Winners will get a pass emailed to you. This screening is overbooked to ensure capacity so seating is not guaranteed - arrive early to make sure you get in. If I give you a pass and you do not attend, you will not be allowed to come to whatever screening I have next, and I've got some really interesting ones coming later this year, so you don't want to miss out. I should be emailing passes by the end of the week.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 8, 2011, 8:07 p.m. CST
by mick vance
a movie based on that old snick show. man, was i ever disappointed. who wants to see a movie that equates to an extended scene of that eyeball hand monster from pan's labyrinth? where's the haunted mansion movie?
Aug. 8, 2011, 8:23 p.m. CST
by the Green Gargantua
Zilch. This film and the original it is based on will own your cunting ass.
Aug. 8, 2011, 8:45 p.m. CST
But hopefully I win so I can save my nickels, dimes, and pesos for some popcorn and a drink.
Aug. 8, 2011, 8:51 p.m. CST
by Johnny Law
Houston is getting some love from AICN!!!
Aug. 8, 2011, 10:29 p.m. CST
I don't understand.
Aug. 9, 2011, 1:28 a.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2011, 8:02 a.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2011, 9:43 a.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2011, 9:45 a.m. CST
The scene with the eyeball hand monster in Pan's Labyrinth was the best part of the film. Give me ninety minutes of that and I'm sold.
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:26 p.m. CST
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:39 p.m. CST
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:49 p.m. CST
Next an unpublished article will announce Peter Yates is back from the dead. Where's the choppah? I smell a round of Does She Do Anal?
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:54 p.m. CST
Really happy to see AICN in Houston, every time i read about some cool shit happening in Austin, I get mad and think about maybe making the three hour drive. Then I look at my bank account and change my mind.
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 134 total posts 134 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 106 total posts 106 posts
- Filed under "you're damn right it's 2014," Kevin Smith to direct Johnny Depp in YOGA HOSERS!! -- 275 total posts 85 posts
- Trailer for New Stephen King Thriller, A GOOD MARRIAGE! -- 53 total posts 45 posts
- Here’s Our First Official Image From The ANT-MAN Movie!! -- 302 total posts 30 posts
- SHERLOCK’s Benedict Cumberbatch To Play Another Khan In Warner Bros’ JUNGLE BOOK Movie!! -- 106 total posts 17 posts
- A Tuesday MiniDocback Brings DOCTOR WHO S8 Promo Images, Moffat's MicroSynopses For S8 Eps, A Look At The New York & Mexican Premieres Of ‘Deep Breath’, And More!! -- 29 total posts 16 posts
- Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg to Re-Team on New Film! -- 97 total posts 14 posts
- Check Out the International Poster for HORNS! -- 38 total posts 12 posts
- The OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN sequel, LONDON HAS FALLEN gets a director and rumored synopsis! -- 180 total posts 12 posts