LA AICN Geeks... There's a party you may want to know about in 2 weeks!
Hey folks, Harry here... I got a letter from Amber Rae of TheHeroGirls.Com - and it was one of those, pleas for a plug type of letters. Now - here's the thing. What she wanted me to plug was a party that HEROGIRLS is throwing, filled to the brim with Cosplay chicks in Heroine attire. Blink. Blink. Blank stare. Sigh. I wish I could go, but I can't. But wow, I bet there's a good deal of geeks of either sex that would love to party in a crazy cool superhero themed fashion in L.A. There's also a documentary being shot at the party, so not only do you get to get silly with a room of geeky cool chicks, but whatever goes down... you'll have for posterity some day. So, here's the details:
When: Saturday, August 13th, 2011 8pm - 1:30am
Where: The Grand Ballroom at the Marriott Hotel
2500 Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
(The Marriott Hotel is near the Burbank Airport)
Why: It gives us all an excuse to COSTUME UP and PARTY DOWN!
What: THE ULTIMATE SUMMER COSTUME PARTY will have a DJ, dancing, a cash bar (bring cash, buy drinks), costume contests (with prizes), and FREE COMIC BOOKS for everyone! Admission is only $9.00. Tickets available at the door.
Also: Part of a major documentary about costuming and cosplay will be filmed at the party, and you could have a chance to appear in it!
And: We will not be serving or selling food at the Costume Party so make sure to eat a good meal before you come. There are lots of great restaurants nearby in Burbank.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 31, 2011, 7:22 p.m. CST
Where do I sign up?!
July 31, 2011, 8:17 p.m. CST
I don't wanna end up on the reboot of Dateline To Catch A Predator: Cosplay Edition.
July 31, 2011, 8:45 p.m. CST
by golden tribw
if I was the kind of person who was interested in doing this, how would I have any idea what the parameters of the 'costume code' are based solely on what you pasted? Is is superheroes only? Fantasy/comic characters only? Fictional characters only? Could I go as a nameless clown in a generic outfit? Do you actually have to dress up to get in?
July 31, 2011, 9:19 p.m. CST
I am going to violate the first hit girl I see, right in the bad place...
July 31, 2011, 9:26 p.m. CST
its gonna be in your mouth and EVERYBODY is cumming...
July 31, 2011, 9:31 p.m. CST
Shit, call me when The Suicide Girls do this... They might just be hot enough to look at...
Aug. 1, 2011, 3:50 a.m. CST
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 102 total posts 70 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Speed About In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 231 total posts 19 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 95 total posts 8 posts
- Ron Howard's latest trailer sure is a RUSH!!! -- 36 total posts 7 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 98 total posts 6 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 146 total posts 4 posts
- Lance Henriksen On HANNIBAL!! Ruffalo On KIMMEL!! New WIPEOUT & ANGER!! The Premieres Of SAVE ME And HAVE TO GO!! AMERICAN BIBLE CHALLENGE And GOING TO HELL Finales!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 20 total posts 4 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 179 total posts 4 posts
- Please Don't Scream At The New Trailer For Elijah Wood's MANIAC...You're So Beautiful!! -- 34 total posts 3 posts
- Jon Stewart casts Gael Garcia Bernal for his directorial debut, ROSEWATER!! -- 5 total posts 3 posts