LA AICN Geeks... There's a party you may want to know about in 2 weeks!
Hey folks, Harry here... I got a letter from Amber Rae of TheHeroGirls.Com - and it was one of those, pleas for a plug type of letters. Now - here's the thing. What she wanted me to plug was a party that HEROGIRLS is throwing, filled to the brim with Cosplay chicks in Heroine attire. Blink. Blink. Blank stare. Sigh. I wish I could go, but I can't. But wow, I bet there's a good deal of geeks of either sex that would love to party in a crazy cool superhero themed fashion in L.A. There's also a documentary being shot at the party, so not only do you get to get silly with a room of geeky cool chicks, but whatever goes down... you'll have for posterity some day. So, here's the details:
When: Saturday, August 13th, 2011 8pm - 1:30am
Where: The Grand Ballroom at the Marriott Hotel
2500 Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
(The Marriott Hotel is near the Burbank Airport)
Why: It gives us all an excuse to COSTUME UP and PARTY DOWN!
What: THE ULTIMATE SUMMER COSTUME PARTY will have a DJ, dancing, a cash bar (bring cash, buy drinks), costume contests (with prizes), and FREE COMIC BOOKS for everyone! Admission is only $9.00. Tickets available at the door.
Also: Part of a major documentary about costuming and cosplay will be filmed at the party, and you could have a chance to appear in it!
And: We will not be serving or selling food at the Costume Party so make sure to eat a good meal before you come. There are lots of great restaurants nearby in Burbank.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 31, 2011, 7:22 p.m. CST
Where do I sign up?!
July 31, 2011, 8:17 p.m. CST
I don't wanna end up on the reboot of Dateline To Catch A Predator: Cosplay Edition.
July 31, 2011, 8:45 p.m. CST
by golden tribw
if I was the kind of person who was interested in doing this, how would I have any idea what the parameters of the 'costume code' are based solely on what you pasted? Is is superheroes only? Fantasy/comic characters only? Fictional characters only? Could I go as a nameless clown in a generic outfit? Do you actually have to dress up to get in?
July 31, 2011, 9:19 p.m. CST
I am going to violate the first hit girl I see, right in the bad place...
July 31, 2011, 9:26 p.m. CST
its gonna be in your mouth and EVERYBODY is cumming...
July 31, 2011, 9:31 p.m. CST
Shit, call me when The Suicide Girls do this... They might just be hot enough to look at...
Aug. 1, 2011, 3:50 a.m. CST
- Paul Rudd is Edgar Wright's ANT-MAN!!!! -- 91 total posts 49 posts
- Will Joaquin Phoenix be Playing Lex Luthor in the BATMAN/SUPERMAN Movie? -- 332 total posts 29 posts
- Clancy Brown and Daniel Wu Join the Cast of WARCRAFT! -- 56 total posts 13 posts
- Here's A Trailer For Adam Sandler And Drew Barrymore's BLENDED!! -- 160 total posts 12 posts
- Louis and Lestat together again? Brad Pitt may GO LIKE HELL to play against Tom Cruise once more! -- 43 total posts 11 posts
- An AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Trailer From The UK Has Fresh Footage!! -- 110 total posts 11 posts
- Hugh Jackman to play the villainous Blackbeard in Joe Wright's PAN! -- 23 total posts 10 posts
- This First Teaser For DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Ain't Monkeying Around!! -- 204 total posts 8 posts
- New Trailer and Poster for NEIGHBORS! -- 91 total posts 8 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE WOLF OF WALL STREET! -- 171 total posts 4 posts