LA AICN Geeks... There's a party you may want to know about in 2 weeks!
Hey folks, Harry here... I got a letter from Amber Rae of TheHeroGirls.Com - and it was one of those, pleas for a plug type of letters. Now - here's the thing. What she wanted me to plug was a party that HEROGIRLS is throwing, filled to the brim with Cosplay chicks in Heroine attire. Blink. Blink. Blank stare. Sigh. I wish I could go, but I can't. But wow, I bet there's a good deal of geeks of either sex that would love to party in a crazy cool superhero themed fashion in L.A. There's also a documentary being shot at the party, so not only do you get to get silly with a room of geeky cool chicks, but whatever goes down... you'll have for posterity some day. So, here's the details:
When: Saturday, August 13th, 2011 8pm - 1:30am
Where: The Grand Ballroom at the Marriott Hotel
2500 Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
(The Marriott Hotel is near the Burbank Airport)
Why: It gives us all an excuse to COSTUME UP and PARTY DOWN!
What: THE ULTIMATE SUMMER COSTUME PARTY will have a DJ, dancing, a cash bar (bring cash, buy drinks), costume contests (with prizes), and FREE COMIC BOOKS for everyone! Admission is only $9.00. Tickets available at the door.
Also: Part of a major documentary about costuming and cosplay will be filmed at the party, and you could have a chance to appear in it!
And: We will not be serving or selling food at the Costume Party so make sure to eat a good meal before you come. There are lots of great restaurants nearby in Burbank.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 31, 2011, 7:22 p.m. CST
Where do I sign up?!
July 31, 2011, 8:17 p.m. CST
I don't wanna end up on the reboot of Dateline To Catch A Predator: Cosplay Edition.
July 31, 2011, 8:45 p.m. CST
by golden tribw
if I was the kind of person who was interested in doing this, how would I have any idea what the parameters of the 'costume code' are based solely on what you pasted? Is is superheroes only? Fantasy/comic characters only? Fictional characters only? Could I go as a nameless clown in a generic outfit? Do you actually have to dress up to get in?
July 31, 2011, 9:19 p.m. CST
I am going to violate the first hit girl I see, right in the bad place...
July 31, 2011, 9:26 p.m. CST
its gonna be in your mouth and EVERYBODY is cumming...
July 31, 2011, 9:31 p.m. CST
Shit, call me when The Suicide Girls do this... They might just be hot enough to look at...
Aug. 1, 2011, 3:50 a.m. CST
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 529 total posts 143 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 313 total posts 135 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 100 total posts 100 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 232 total posts 87 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 81 total posts 81 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1499 total posts 56 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 53 total posts 53 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 84 total posts 51 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 60 total posts 50 posts