LA AICN Geeks... There's a party you may want to know about in 2 weeks!
Hey folks, Harry here... I got a letter from Amber Rae of TheHeroGirls.Com - and it was one of those, pleas for a plug type of letters. Now - here's the thing. What she wanted me to plug was a party that HEROGIRLS is throwing, filled to the brim with Cosplay chicks in Heroine attire. Blink. Blink. Blank stare. Sigh. I wish I could go, but I can't. But wow, I bet there's a good deal of geeks of either sex that would love to party in a crazy cool superhero themed fashion in L.A. There's also a documentary being shot at the party, so not only do you get to get silly with a room of geeky cool chicks, but whatever goes down... you'll have for posterity some day. So, here's the details:
When: Saturday, August 13th, 2011 8pm - 1:30am
Where: The Grand Ballroom at the Marriott Hotel
2500 Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
(The Marriott Hotel is near the Burbank Airport)
Why: It gives us all an excuse to COSTUME UP and PARTY DOWN!
What: THE ULTIMATE SUMMER COSTUME PARTY will have a DJ, dancing, a cash bar (bring cash, buy drinks), costume contests (with prizes), and FREE COMIC BOOKS for everyone! Admission is only $9.00. Tickets available at the door.
Also: Part of a major documentary about costuming and cosplay will be filmed at the party, and you could have a chance to appear in it!
And: We will not be serving or selling food at the Costume Party so make sure to eat a good meal before you come. There are lots of great restaurants nearby in Burbank.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 31, 2011, 7:22 p.m. CST
Where do I sign up?!
July 31, 2011, 8:17 p.m. CST
I don't wanna end up on the reboot of Dateline To Catch A Predator: Cosplay Edition.
July 31, 2011, 8:45 p.m. CST
by golden tribw
if I was the kind of person who was interested in doing this, how would I have any idea what the parameters of the 'costume code' are based solely on what you pasted? Is is superheroes only? Fantasy/comic characters only? Fictional characters only? Could I go as a nameless clown in a generic outfit? Do you actually have to dress up to get in?
July 31, 2011, 9:19 p.m. CST
I am going to violate the first hit girl I see, right in the bad place...
July 31, 2011, 9:26 p.m. CST
its gonna be in your mouth and EVERYBODY is cumming...
July 31, 2011, 9:31 p.m. CST
Shit, call me when The Suicide Girls do this... They might just be hot enough to look at...
Aug. 1, 2011, 3:50 a.m. CST
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 295 total posts 14 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 575 total posts 9 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 224 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 117 total posts 2 posts