Learn When BORED TO DEATH, BOARDWALK EMPIRE, HUNG, And HOW TO MAKE IT IN AMERICA Return To HBO!!
The Television Critics Association press tour is underway in Los Angeles, and HBO’s session brought a slew of autumn premiere dates:
Boardwalk Empire: Sept. 25
How To Make It In America: Oct. 2
Hung: Oct. 2
Bored to Death: Oct. 10
HBO also revealed that “Luck,” the racetrack drama mastermineded by David Milch (“Deadwood,” “John From Cincinnati”) and starring big-screen icons Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte, will debut in January.
HBO announced long ago that “Game of Thrones” will return next spring.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 29, 2011, 1:18 p.m. CST
by Judge Briggs
I was afraid that we would be waiting for that one like The Sopranos... That show took FOREVER to debut a new season!
July 29, 2011, 1:29 p.m. CST
When the fuck are they gonna premiere Angry Boys?
July 29, 2011, 1:59 p.m. CST
The only reason to watch "Hung"
July 29, 2011, 2:07 p.m. CST
July 29, 2011, 2:25 p.m. CST
by Caleb Hellegers
I too am pumped for "Boardwalk Empire" coming back. Though i was still pretty bummed that the rest of the show wasn't shot like Scorsese's pilot. I think they missed out on an oppurtunity. I'm a huge "Eastbound & down" fan, while I think Louie stole the second season's thunder (that and it just wasn't as good as the first), I can't wait for the climactic third season. It'll probably be next summer though. As the last 2 seasons were spring/summer
July 29, 2011, 2:31 p.m. CST
July 29, 2011, 2:32 p.m. CST
funniest fucking thing ever said
July 29, 2011, 2:48 p.m. CST
This season should be nuts. Come on 1920's Chicago!
July 29, 2011, 3:09 p.m. CST
by Judge Briggs
Good question, when is that making a debut? Would be a good idea to premiere in front of BE!
July 29, 2011, 4:02 p.m. CST
so maybe the 2nd season i can actually make it through an entire episode of that boring shitty ghastly show
July 29, 2011, 4:23 p.m. CST
After the latest seasons of Hung and Bored to Death have run, I'm canceling my subscription to HBO!
July 29, 2011, 4:31 p.m. CST
The guys who write "Eastbound," Danny McBride and Ben Best, decided to turn their attention to the big screen. They were the fellows who scripted the period stoner comedy "Your Highness."
July 29, 2011, 8:17 p.m. CST
I think its hysterical
July 29, 2011, 8:33 p.m. CST
Just noticed a weird bug. I was not even logged in, but apparently i could edit and disapprove comments, and blacklist users! I almost disapproved Herc's comment above, but decided not to be a twat. Herc, how about you tell the AICN web guru to check his code.
July 29, 2011, 10:33 p.m. CST
by David Hinson
Love this show. Just wish it were an hour long.
July 29, 2011, 11:02 p.m. CST
by Henry Fool
I like 'Hung' and don't need an excuse to watch it. But remember, in Season One, when Lenore asks Tanya, "Will he lick my ass?"<br /> <br /> I can't say, "YES" for every woman I've ever slept with but, in her case, I would gladly perform the duty of tongue fucking her booty. Sorry, if that's too crass but she is just yummy.<br /> <br /> I just can't get into "Bored To Death". Maybe if I started watching it from the beginning. It has some humorous moments but it just doesn't WOW me. But between "Boardwalk Empire","True Blood", "Game of Thrones" and "Hung" HBO has four shows dipping into my favorite genres, violent period piece, Sci-Fi/Fantasy (still waiting for HBO to make a great sci-fi show), vampires and edgy comedy. They've more or less recovered from that horrible era when "Rome", "Deadwood" and "Carnivale" all got cancelled before their time. I don't think I'll ever fully forgive them for that.<br /> <br /> But with "Dexter" about to debut on Showtime, it's a really good time for made-for-cable series. The networks just can't compete.
July 30, 2011, 7:27 a.m. CST
It's a class act that I hope runs for a long time. Nice one HBO.
July 30, 2011, 9:03 a.m. CST
re: "decided to turn their attention to the big screen. They were the fellows who scripted the period stoner comedy "Your Highness." "
OK, but what were they doing for the other 51 weeks of the year?
July 30, 2011, 1:10 p.m. CST
I appreciate the fondness everyone has for Deadwood, but if you ask Hoffman or Nolte or anyone else involved in Luck, I bet they say they're there because of Michael Mann
July 30, 2011, 3:04 p.m. CST
no love for the executive producer of the show?
July 30, 2011, 11:34 p.m. CST
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 314 total posts 314 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 186 total posts 186 posts
- Filed under "you're damn right it's 2014," Kevin Smith to direct Johnny Depp in YOGA HOSERS!! -- 286 total posts 96 posts
- Trailer for New Stephen King Thriller, A GOOD MARRIAGE! -- 81 total posts 73 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 43 total posts 43 posts
- Here’s Our First Official Image From The ANT-MAN Movie!! -- 306 total posts 34 posts
- New TV Spot for OUIJA! -- 27 total posts 27 posts
- A Tuesday MiniDocback Brings DOCTOR WHO S8 Promo Images, Moffat's MicroSynopses For S8 Eps, A Look At The New York & Mexican Premieres Of ‘Deep Breath’, And More!! -- 33 total posts 20 posts
- Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg to Re-Team on New Film! -- 102 total posts 19 posts
- SHERLOCK’s Benedict Cumberbatch To Play Another Khan In Warner Bros’ JUNGLE BOOK Movie!! -- 108 total posts 19 posts