Learn When BORED TO DEATH, BOARDWALK EMPIRE, HUNG, And HOW TO MAKE IT IN AMERICA Return To HBO!!
The Television Critics Association press tour is underway in Los Angeles, and HBO’s session brought a slew of autumn premiere dates:
Boardwalk Empire: Sept. 25
How To Make It In America: Oct. 2
Hung: Oct. 2
Bored to Death: Oct. 10
HBO also revealed that “Luck,” the racetrack drama mastermineded by David Milch (“Deadwood,” “John From Cincinnati”) and starring big-screen icons Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte, will debut in January.
HBO announced long ago that “Game of Thrones” will return next spring.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 29, 2011, 1:18 p.m. CST
by Judge Briggs
I was afraid that we would be waiting for that one like The Sopranos... That show took FOREVER to debut a new season!
July 29, 2011, 1:29 p.m. CST
When the fuck are they gonna premiere Angry Boys?
July 29, 2011, 1:59 p.m. CST
The only reason to watch "Hung"
July 29, 2011, 2:07 p.m. CST
July 29, 2011, 2:25 p.m. CST
by Caleb Hellegers
I too am pumped for "Boardwalk Empire" coming back. Though i was still pretty bummed that the rest of the show wasn't shot like Scorsese's pilot. I think they missed out on an oppurtunity. I'm a huge "Eastbound & down" fan, while I think Louie stole the second season's thunder (that and it just wasn't as good as the first), I can't wait for the climactic third season. It'll probably be next summer though. As the last 2 seasons were spring/summer
July 29, 2011, 2:31 p.m. CST
July 29, 2011, 2:32 p.m. CST
funniest fucking thing ever said
July 29, 2011, 2:48 p.m. CST
This season should be nuts. Come on 1920's Chicago!
July 29, 2011, 3:09 p.m. CST
by Judge Briggs
Good question, when is that making a debut? Would be a good idea to premiere in front of BE!
July 29, 2011, 4:02 p.m. CST
so maybe the 2nd season i can actually make it through an entire episode of that boring shitty ghastly show
July 29, 2011, 4:23 p.m. CST
After the latest seasons of Hung and Bored to Death have run, I'm canceling my subscription to HBO!
July 29, 2011, 4:31 p.m. CST
The guys who write "Eastbound," Danny McBride and Ben Best, decided to turn their attention to the big screen. They were the fellows who scripted the period stoner comedy "Your Highness."
July 29, 2011, 8:17 p.m. CST
I think its hysterical
July 29, 2011, 8:33 p.m. CST
Just noticed a weird bug. I was not even logged in, but apparently i could edit and disapprove comments, and blacklist users! I almost disapproved Herc's comment above, but decided not to be a twat. Herc, how about you tell the AICN web guru to check his code.
July 29, 2011, 10:33 p.m. CST
by David Hinson
Love this show. Just wish it were an hour long.
July 29, 2011, 11:02 p.m. CST
by Henry Fool
I like 'Hung' and don't need an excuse to watch it. But remember, in Season One, when Lenore asks Tanya, "Will he lick my ass?"<br /> <br /> I can't say, "YES" for every woman I've ever slept with but, in her case, I would gladly perform the duty of tongue fucking her booty. Sorry, if that's too crass but she is just yummy.<br /> <br /> I just can't get into "Bored To Death". Maybe if I started watching it from the beginning. It has some humorous moments but it just doesn't WOW me. But between "Boardwalk Empire","True Blood", "Game of Thrones" and "Hung" HBO has four shows dipping into my favorite genres, violent period piece, Sci-Fi/Fantasy (still waiting for HBO to make a great sci-fi show), vampires and edgy comedy. They've more or less recovered from that horrible era when "Rome", "Deadwood" and "Carnivale" all got cancelled before their time. I don't think I'll ever fully forgive them for that.<br /> <br /> But with "Dexter" about to debut on Showtime, it's a really good time for made-for-cable series. The networks just can't compete.
July 30, 2011, 7:27 a.m. CST
It's a class act that I hope runs for a long time. Nice one HBO.
July 30, 2011, 9:03 a.m. CST
re: "decided to turn their attention to the big screen. They were the fellows who scripted the period stoner comedy "Your Highness." "
OK, but what were they doing for the other 51 weeks of the year?
July 30, 2011, 1:10 p.m. CST
I appreciate the fondness everyone has for Deadwood, but if you ask Hoffman or Nolte or anyone else involved in Luck, I bet they say they're there because of Michael Mann
July 30, 2011, 3:04 p.m. CST
no love for the executive producer of the show?
July 30, 2011, 11:34 p.m. CST
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 218 total posts 194 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 194 total posts 194 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 259 total posts 155 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 519 total posts 129 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 698 total posts 96 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 112 total posts 66 posts
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 50 total posts 49 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 106 total posts 42 posts
- The Girls Come Out To Play In Red-Band Comic Con Trailer For SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! -- 98 total posts 39 posts