AICN SDCC FALLOUT: SJimbrowski brings back a ton of webseries news from Comic Con—Felicia Day’s DRAGON AGE REDEMPTION! MORTAL KOMBAT! & Bryan Singer’s H+ THE DIGITAL SERIES!
Ambush Bug here. Our new web series guru SJimbrowski scours the interweb to bring us webseries that embody the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat with AICN’s Wild World of Webseries! This year, SJimbrowski dove head first into SDCC covering interviews, panels, and other shenanigans that went on at the convention. Here is the first in a series of articles covering all things webby at the con.
SJimbrowski here. Here’s what went on web-wise at the con.
DRAGON AGE REDEMPTION Panel
MORTAL KOMBAT Panel
I was able to interview Kevin Tancharoen, the director, about the series before the panel which will be published later.
JEFF LEWIS’ 5 MINUTE COMEDY HOUR is looking to do a second season. I am sure we can look forward to more “can’t look away” trainwreck-style comedy.
H + Panel
Look for more interviews and follow ups in future AICN’s Wild World of Webseries articles!
Proofs, co-edits & common sense: Sleazy G
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 28, 2011, 11:10 a.m. CST
Has been pretty good, some eps much better than others and owned by MJW. And if I'm first, who gives a fuck?
July 28, 2011, 11:25 a.m. CST
really has been good, except for that Kitana and Mileena one. I loved the take on Raiden, the ONLY issue i had was he should be Asian. the guy who played him was better than Lambert IMHO.
July 28, 2011, 11:49 a.m. CST
It's hard to judge short stories on anything other than feel or tone. There simply isn't enough time to construct a full story- it's more or less an outline. I like the look and feel of MK legacy, but a full film of that is still gonna suck.
July 28, 2011, 1:27 p.m. CST
straaaange. I dug about half of these MK shorts.
July 28, 2011, 4:52 p.m. CST
adventuring is idiotic. Mixing in modern dress that's impractical ruined the aesthetic of fantasy fiction, art, and games.
July 28, 2011, 4:54 p.m. CST
adventuring is idiotic. Mixing in modern dress that's impractical ruined the aesthetic of fantasy fiction, art, and games. Also, hate the manga influence on elf ears. They look like sad dogs, and make for an obvious target.
July 28, 2011, 4:55 p.m. CST
July 28, 2011, 8:03 p.m. CST
I saw the Jax/Kano fight in the first ep and was severely underwhelmed despite the fact that I love BOTH the actors playing those roles. Does Michael Jai White get to unleash his full abilities in later episodes or have they focused on other characters? Anybody who's seen Blood & Bone knows MJW can kick some series ass!
July 28, 2011, 8:04 p.m. CST
July 28, 2011, 9:34 p.m. CST
no-one is ever better than Lambert.
July 29, 2011, 11:04 p.m. CST
by greg vanderleun
Where is some news about Crackle's "Issues" series?
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 479 total posts 198 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 299 total posts 149 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 328 total posts 82 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 255 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 223 total posts 33 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 590 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 208 total posts 15 posts