SCANNERS: THE SERIES!!
HILLS HAVE EYES Mastermind Aja Developing TV Version Of The David Cronenberg Classic!!
The Weinsteins and “The Hills Have Eyes” writer-producer Alexander Aja are developing a small-screen series version of David Cronenberg’s memorable 1981 thriller about telekinetics who can make other people’s heads explode.
There’s no channel involved yet, but obviously we’re all rooting for some TV-MA-friendly venue.
Find all of Deadline’s exclusive on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 22, 2011, 4:19 p.m. CST
they can't come up with new ideas? but i met aja briefly during post-work on piranha and the guy is intense...really gets into his work. hopefully it's cool.
July 22, 2011, 4:27 p.m. CST
July 22, 2011, 4:36 p.m. CST
is the new mortal kombat character
July 22, 2011, 4:54 p.m. CST
And more to the point... Patrick MacGoohan is irreplaceable.
July 22, 2011, 8:39 p.m. CST
Scanners was a whole lot better in my memory than it was when I saw it again after many years. However, exploding heads still rule.
July 22, 2011, 11:31 p.m. CST
by Uncle Stan
July 23, 2011, 3:09 p.m. CST
Scanners has a TV show could be something really unique and fresh. This has all the hallmarks of a David Lynch type show if done in an understated fashion. The gore would have to be kept. And the strangeness factor could be ramped up with the scanners being used by the government to fight satanists and aliens of all weird persuasions. The only reference points i would have to compare is the manga series "Wicked City" and the BBC's The Omega Factor from the early 1970's.
July 24, 2011, 4:53 p.m. CST
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 423 total posts 247 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Speed About In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 210 total posts 210 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 174 total posts 174 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 184 total posts 118 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 786 total posts 114 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 141 total posts 97 posts
- Sandler, Piss, Barf, And Hayek Grace The New GROWN UPS 2 Trailer!! -- 93 total posts 93 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- Seems Coppola Is Gearing Up For A New Italian-American Epic!? -- 86 total posts 86 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 206 total posts 56 posts