SCANNERS: THE SERIES!!
HILLS HAVE EYES Mastermind Aja Developing TV Version Of The David Cronenberg Classic!!
The Weinsteins and “The Hills Have Eyes” writer-producer Alexander Aja are developing a small-screen series version of David Cronenberg’s memorable 1981 thriller about telekinetics who can make other people’s heads explode.
There’s no channel involved yet, but obviously we’re all rooting for some TV-MA-friendly venue.
Find all of Deadline’s exclusive on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 22, 2011, 4:19 p.m. CST
they can't come up with new ideas? but i met aja briefly during post-work on piranha and the guy is intense...really gets into his work. hopefully it's cool.
July 22, 2011, 4:27 p.m. CST
July 22, 2011, 4:36 p.m. CST
is the new mortal kombat character
July 22, 2011, 4:54 p.m. CST
And more to the point... Patrick MacGoohan is irreplaceable.
July 22, 2011, 8:39 p.m. CST
Scanners was a whole lot better in my memory than it was when I saw it again after many years. However, exploding heads still rule.
July 22, 2011, 11:31 p.m. CST
by Uncle Stan
July 23, 2011, 3:09 p.m. CST
Scanners has a TV show could be something really unique and fresh. This has all the hallmarks of a David Lynch type show if done in an understated fashion. The gore would have to be kept. And the strangeness factor could be ramped up with the scanners being used by the government to fight satanists and aliens of all weird persuasions. The only reference points i would have to compare is the manga series "Wicked City" and the BBC's The Omega Factor from the early 1970's.
July 24, 2011, 4:53 p.m. CST
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 296 total posts 68 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 243 total posts 58 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 293 total posts 46 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 96 total posts 43 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 287 total posts 12 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 243 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 36 total posts 9 posts
- Spierig Brothers to Write and Direct WINCHESTER for Hammer! -- 14 total posts 5 posts