You’re a Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day, Harry. I’m a wot?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
The enthusiastic response to a quick poll on Twitter assured me that it wasn’t Potter overkill to run one more Harry Potter picture, even though yesterday’s was a Half-Blood Prince shot.
I mean, this series ain’t gonna end again, right? Might as well go the extra mile to make it super special.
Yesterday’s pic was a good “So that’s how they did it” shot, but this one is slightly different. It’s not so much a behind the scenes shot, either, although it does feature young Daniel Radcliffe in his Potter glasses and young Rupert Grint in a very Weasley sweater. If I remember correctly, this was part of a batch of pics that came out when they announced the casting of the kids. They had a studio shot of the three children together and then some more candid pics.
This is one of those candid shots and I thought it was fitting to look back at the very early days of this remarkable series, especially with such a sweet image of what will go down in history as one of the best friendships in film history.
Thanks to the reader who sent this in (and didn’t give me a name… I’ll just call him/her Comcast). Click to embiggen!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come by and viddy tomorrow’s behind the scenes pic!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 16, 2011, 2:11 a.m. CST
by Dollar Bird
Thems was the days.
July 16, 2011, 2:20 a.m. CST
I love the books and the movies. I need more wizarding world!
July 16, 2011, 2:21 a.m. CST
by Margot Tenenbaum
that was rumored to be cast as Harry Potter (pre-Radcliffe) and caused such a shitstorm here.
July 16, 2011, 2:23 a.m. CST
But gotta respect it making it this far. RIP
July 16, 2011, 2:45 a.m. CST
that Ginger cunt spends most of the last 5 movies finding reasons to be upset with Harry? He's the sort of friend who'd make you prefer your enemies, the ungrateful little shit.
July 16, 2011, 3:11 a.m. CST
Have never loved the Potter movies but like the Rings' trilogy and Matrix movies I shall feel slightly sad they are over. Seems like a lifetime ago that I watched the first in a small cinema in Bromley.
July 16, 2011, 3:13 a.m. CST
Thanks for using it.
July 16, 2011, 3:14 a.m. CST
July 16, 2011, 4:04 a.m. CST
July 16, 2011, 4:51 a.m. CST
July 16, 2011, 8:32 a.m. CST
July 16, 2011, 9:03 a.m. CST
So what's your favourite Blink song?
July 16, 2011, 10 a.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
Haha, actually I like where this is going. Ron is one of those pricks keeping the spirit alive that Fred Savage's Kevin Arnold worked so hard to cultivate: a friendship where he's the biggest douchebag on planet earth. I mean, I spent more time feeling sorry for Paul Pfeiffer and Winnie Cooper than I did laughing at the humor in any given Wonder Years episode.
July 16, 2011, 10:09 a.m. CST
Im not a fan of the series but I recognize and admire it for what it did. It made a whole generation of kids pick up a book, and we can all agree that is a good thing.
July 16, 2011, 11:23 a.m. CST
Kinda turns the stomach, wot? T.
July 16, 2011, 12:58 p.m. CST
Damn, I was hoping it was a behind the scenes pic of this site, with Harry accepting a studio bribe and being called a sell out.
July 16, 2011, 1:29 p.m. CST
Those guys should give me a call. Sell out? Shit, I'd be a "going out of business-doors closing forever-fire damage-" sell out. I'm broke! Call me! lol
July 16, 2011, 1:32 p.m. CST
It's been quite a journey. However they were juvenile and annoying ...a lot. Nothing about their bond or the 3 of them matches at all frodo-sam or the 4 hobbit friends. Nothing. Still i will miss this. As the last 3 min were very moving.
July 16, 2011, 3:54 p.m. CST
Amazing how young those kids were when they started making these movies. Going to see the last one tomorrow, probably will be depressed afterwards (and possibly angry, if they screw it up).
July 16, 2011, 4:30 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
July 16, 2011, 6:31 p.m. CST
by Jerry Piper
July 16, 2011, 6:40 p.m. CST
Its funny how it only happened once in the entire series. once in DH1, and not in any other movie. heh.
July 16, 2011, 6:48 p.m. CST
by Jerry Piper
July 16, 2011, 6:53 p.m. CST
Change their name to NYEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH...or any other rendering of the vocal?
July 16, 2011, 7:24 p.m. CST
''Comcast''? Why not just call him ''Hitler Satan'' and be done with it? DAMN that's hateful.
July 16, 2011, 10:51 p.m. CST
was in the deathly hallows part 1 when he was chasing Harry on the flying motorcycle. thats the only time he ever did it in the series
July 17, 2011, 1:02 a.m. CST
by Onin Solstice
July 17, 2011, 1:23 a.m. CST
With the article title I thought this might be a BTSPOTD for In Bruges.
July 17, 2011, 3:15 a.m. CST
July 17, 2011, 3:42 a.m. CST
it would probably be the entire crew burning American flags during their breaks, since that movie was nothing more than 90 minutes of Anti-American propaganda.
July 17, 2011, 6:57 a.m. CST
Are you trolling, or do you really belive that?
July 17, 2011, 7:50 a.m. CST
That is all.
July 18, 2011, 8:56 a.m. CST
by Snake Foreskin
in this last movie where Harry grabs onto Voldy's neck like he's gonna plant a big smooch on him, then they go careening off the edge of - what, the castle? I know it wasn't in the book and wanted to know what the hell that scene was all about. Many thanks.
July 18, 2011, 1:13 p.m. CST
Wait, what? In Bruges is anti-American propaganda? Really? Did we watch the same movie?
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 691 total posts 68 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 409 total posts 43 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 363 total posts 28 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 44 total posts 27 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 22 total posts 22 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 212 total posts 21 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 361 total posts 14 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 18 total posts 10 posts
- Two More BIG BROTHER Nominations!! The Return Of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!! MI6 On PBS!! FALLING SKIES Finale!! New STRAIN, MANHATTAN, MASTERS, NAKED, RAY, RECKLESS, BEACHFRONT, BREATHLESS, KARDASHIANS, WIPEOUT!! No LEFTOVERS Finale!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 30 total posts 9 posts