BATMAN BEYOND: THE RETURN OF THE JOKER teaser trailer!
Hey folks, Harry here with something pretty darn cooleriso. It looks like they've gone and released the BATMAN BEYOND animated feature teaser trailer on the official site... So of course I had to bring it to your attention.
Hope you got as much of a kick out of that as I did!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 20, 2000, 4:23 a.m. CST
Very cool...the choice of words is odd, but the logo's very nice, and you just can't beat anything that anticipates ole Skywalker's return to the Bat-verse!
Jan. 20, 2000, 4:41 a.m. CST
by Darth Siskel
What a jip! It's just one of those teaser trailers that shows you nothing but text with a voice over. I don't feel teased, I feel robbed.
Jan. 20, 2000, 7:49 a.m. CST
It's fitting that the Joker makes his return in a direct to video release where the writers will have more time to develop a kick-ass story. I loved the trailer myself. The laugh! hehheheheheh.
Jan. 20, 2000, 12:11 p.m. CST
Anyone know whether Mister J. will be flesh and blood or a computer virus/hologram? And what of Harley?
Jan. 20, 2000, 5:05 p.m. CST
HARRY! EL-FUCKIN-COSMICO! or whoever.. PLEASE! report whatever you hear about this movie! i am so pumped up over this damn thing. i cant get enough of the bone breaking action in BB.
Jan. 20, 2000, 8:47 p.m. CST
When is this coming out? Is it direct to video?
Jan. 21, 2000, 2:10 a.m. CST
by Vincent D.
Or perhaps curse Windows NT, or perhaps my graphics card, but I only got the audio from this trailer. Ah well, I liked what I heard. Now, this is straight to video, right? What about DVD?
Jan. 21, 2000, 2:18 a.m. CST
by Vincent D.
And if you're like me (and have to re-boot you system to get quicktime working), or just hate not having controls over ther traiter, the actual URL (where the file is kept) is http://www.batman-superman.com/batman/dld/bb.mov --I don't understand why they put the trailers on sites like that one, where you have to hit it over and over if you want to show it to friends or something, when you could download it once and save some bandwidth.
Jan. 21, 2000, 8:40 p.m. CST
by Taln Hess
Can anyone help me out? WGN (entertaining America my rear end!) in Chicago quit carrying WB programming almost a year ago. Since then I have had no Batman Beyond. I was an avid fan during the first season (they cut the programming just before the second season began). A few days ago I came across some episodes my wife recorded when I had to work. Now I've got it in my blood again. Can anyone help me find some copies of the series? Especially looking for post season one stuff, but I only have a few from season one as well. I'd appreciate any help that can be offered. E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan. 22, 2000, 9:52 a.m. CST
There is absolutely nothing to constructively comment about. This project has a very silly title, but the art department has come up with a nice logo so that is all right. Can't wait for more details. Not sure however if I can put up with that grinding rock soundtrack for an hour plus though.
Jan. 22, 2000, 2:17 p.m. CST
As cool as the Joker is (and dont get me wrong - I love Bman Beyond), alas any Joker story wont be QUITE as good without Harley. So unless she gets stuck in that croygenic capsule along w/ Mr J (or whatever device/method sends him back to the future), I doubt we'll be seeing her.
Jan. 23, 2000, 2:07 a.m. CST
I'm sorry but this Batman Beyond crap just don't cut it. I mean, day-glo future neon Batman just ain't the same as dark and brooding gothic Batman. This show is for the kids. It's a damn shame that kids these days aren't growing up on the good-stuff that us nutritious lads had.
Jan. 25, 2000, 8:31 a.m. CST
I like that McGinnis has family and friends to deal with while keeping his secret. The difference in dynamic is remarkable...it makes his character have something to live for that's more tangible (and positive) than revenge tempered with a brooding sense of justice. The suit forces a deux ex machina aspect to the show, but hey, Batman's always had those wonderful toys. But the other cool thing about BB is that it's allowed the writers to very concisely tell more of Bruce Wayne's story very concisely, but still with adequate emotion. The implications of his continued relationship with Barbara Gordon, for example...in a few lines of dialogue, we learn what it would have taken a soap-opera of BTAS episodes to deal with (if they'd been allowed to do them at all).
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 420 total posts 83 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 168 total posts 38 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 66 total posts 37 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 44 total posts 36 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 42 total posts 33 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 61 total posts 25 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts