Hey Houston! Want To See An Exclusive AICN Screening Of BAD TEACHER On Thursday?
I'm working behind the scenes these days to bring Houston some cool things and events. I'm involved with the GRAVEYARD SHIFT at the Alamo Drafthouse, and hope to be involved with more events like that in the future, including something in September that I can't quite talk about yet, but will be a bunch of fun and I really look forward to it.
Now I have something for you Houstonians next Thursday night! Capone announced his Chicago screening of BAD TEACHER next week, and Houston has one too! Jake Kasdan of FREAKS AND GEEKS, UNDECLARED, and the film ZERO EFFECT directed this film, stars Cameron Diaz, Jason Segel, and Justin Timberlake and based on the trailer alone, this looks like a riot:
What do you need to do? It's easy. Send in a request to email@example.com, for you and your guest (just one guest per email, please, any additional names will be discarded). Put your names in the e-mail. Label the e-mail HOT FOR TEACHER. And that's it! The screening is 7:30 PM on Thursday, June 23rd. This theater will be overbooked to insure capacity, so you need to arrive early to get in. I'll announce the winners and location on Tuesday, so e-mail your request by Tuesday and you're all set! With any luck this will fill up really fast, so you should send in your request soon!
Do not enter this contest if you do not plan on coming. If you do, I give you seats, and you do not show up without letting me know at least 24 hours before that you are not coming, you may be ineligible for any future events for AICN. This will be overbooked, so you will need to arrive early.
Houston doesn't get nearly the cool stuff that Austin, or Los Angeles, or Chicago does. I'd like to change that. How can you help? By showing up. Hopefully I'll be able to bring you more cool events like this in the future. So what are you waiting for?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 17, 2011, 7:20 a.m. CST
June 17, 2011, 7:21 a.m. CST
To meet nordling apparently we set in the same row together, and I still have yet to meet you
June 17, 2011, 7:45 a.m. CST
You know what's cool? A BILLION dollars.
June 17, 2011, 9:29 a.m. CST
It makes me happy when I don't have to drive to Austin to get cool movie events.
I'm still waiting for Cameron Diaz to do full frontal nudity at some point in her film career. But Bad Teacher does look like it could be fun though some of the humor in the trailers looks a bit forced.
June 17, 2011, 12:38 p.m. CST
I am psyched to hear that AICN is expanding events in Houston, especially somewhere like the Alamo Drafthouse (though I prefer Studio Movie Grill -- they serve liquor.) However, I have zero interest in seeing this movie! I want to support AICN in Houston, but I don't want to try to get these tickets if there is a chance I won't attend.
June 17, 2011, 1:26 p.m. CST
by the dolphins are in the jacuzzi
So glad that Nordling is stepping up and showing people that Austin is not the only city in Texas with geeks who want cool events. Saw Green Hornet at the last screening, and while I wasn't that crazy about the movie itself, the experience was fantastic. Getting to sit in a theater with a crowd of fellow geeks and see the kind of sneak peak at a movie usually reserved for cities like L.A., N.Y., Chicago and Austin was awesome. Big ups to ya, Nordling. Keep up the good work, man. It's definitely appreciated.
June 17, 2011, 1:47 p.m. CST
You will only earn Choppah's loyalty if you can get KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR at the Alamo.
June 17, 2011, 1:58 p.m. CST
West Oaks Mall or Katy/Fry Road?
June 17, 2011, 3:45 p.m. CST
prolly West Oaks
June 17, 2011, 4:42 p.m. CST
This will be at a bigger theater; I'll announce names and location on Tuesday. Choppah, you coming?
June 17, 2011, 5:54 p.m. CST
Thanks for getting some film events rolling in Houston. I was able to get into the Green Hornet screening back in January, but unable to attend this one (hopefully Creepshow on Sat). Looking forward to further events and adventures in films you put on in Houston!
June 17, 2011, 7:12 p.m. CST
Just sent in my request. I was lucky enough to attend the Green Hornet screening at Alamo in Houston hosted by Nordling. Great event, AICN always does it right!
June 17, 2011, 9:18 p.m. CST
Yeah. I'll give it a shot. Gonna try to make it to Creepshow too. Is that sold out?
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 313 total posts 234 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 333 total posts 77 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 86 total posts 66 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 311 total posts 63 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 416 total posts 59 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 48 total posts 48 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 168 total posts 40 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 39 total posts 39 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 60 total posts 38 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 28 total posts 28 posts