Hey Houston! Want To See An Exclusive AICN Screening Of BAD TEACHER On Thursday?
I'm working behind the scenes these days to bring Houston some cool things and events. I'm involved with the GRAVEYARD SHIFT at the Alamo Drafthouse, and hope to be involved with more events like that in the future, including something in September that I can't quite talk about yet, but will be a bunch of fun and I really look forward to it.
Now I have something for you Houstonians next Thursday night! Capone announced his Chicago screening of BAD TEACHER next week, and Houston has one too! Jake Kasdan of FREAKS AND GEEKS, UNDECLARED, and the film ZERO EFFECT directed this film, stars Cameron Diaz, Jason Segel, and Justin Timberlake and based on the trailer alone, this looks like a riot:
What do you need to do? It's easy. Send in a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, for you and your guest (just one guest per email, please, any additional names will be discarded). Put your names in the e-mail. Label the e-mail HOT FOR TEACHER. And that's it! The screening is 7:30 PM on Thursday, June 23rd. This theater will be overbooked to insure capacity, so you need to arrive early to get in. I'll announce the winners and location on Tuesday, so e-mail your request by Tuesday and you're all set! With any luck this will fill up really fast, so you should send in your request soon!
Do not enter this contest if you do not plan on coming. If you do, I give you seats, and you do not show up without letting me know at least 24 hours before that you are not coming, you may be ineligible for any future events for AICN. This will be overbooked, so you will need to arrive early.
Houston doesn't get nearly the cool stuff that Austin, or Los Angeles, or Chicago does. I'd like to change that. How can you help? By showing up. Hopefully I'll be able to bring you more cool events like this in the future. So what are you waiting for?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 17, 2011, 7:20 a.m. CST
June 17, 2011, 7:21 a.m. CST
To meet nordling apparently we set in the same row together, and I still have yet to meet you
June 17, 2011, 7:45 a.m. CST
You know what's cool? A BILLION dollars.
June 17, 2011, 9:29 a.m. CST
It makes me happy when I don't have to drive to Austin to get cool movie events.
I'm still waiting for Cameron Diaz to do full frontal nudity at some point in her film career. But Bad Teacher does look like it could be fun though some of the humor in the trailers looks a bit forced.
June 17, 2011, 12:38 p.m. CST
I am psyched to hear that AICN is expanding events in Houston, especially somewhere like the Alamo Drafthouse (though I prefer Studio Movie Grill -- they serve liquor.) However, I have zero interest in seeing this movie! I want to support AICN in Houston, but I don't want to try to get these tickets if there is a chance I won't attend.
June 17, 2011, 1:26 p.m. CST
by the dolphins are in the jacuzzi
So glad that Nordling is stepping up and showing people that Austin is not the only city in Texas with geeks who want cool events. Saw Green Hornet at the last screening, and while I wasn't that crazy about the movie itself, the experience was fantastic. Getting to sit in a theater with a crowd of fellow geeks and see the kind of sneak peak at a movie usually reserved for cities like L.A., N.Y., Chicago and Austin was awesome. Big ups to ya, Nordling. Keep up the good work, man. It's definitely appreciated.
June 17, 2011, 1:47 p.m. CST
You will only earn Choppah's loyalty if you can get KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR at the Alamo.
June 17, 2011, 1:58 p.m. CST
West Oaks Mall or Katy/Fry Road?
June 17, 2011, 3:45 p.m. CST
prolly West Oaks
June 17, 2011, 4:42 p.m. CST
This will be at a bigger theater; I'll announce names and location on Tuesday. Choppah, you coming?
June 17, 2011, 5:54 p.m. CST
Thanks for getting some film events rolling in Houston. I was able to get into the Green Hornet screening back in January, but unable to attend this one (hopefully Creepshow on Sat). Looking forward to further events and adventures in films you put on in Houston!
June 17, 2011, 7:12 p.m. CST
Just sent in my request. I was lucky enough to attend the Green Hornet screening at Alamo in Houston hosted by Nordling. Great event, AICN always does it right!
June 17, 2011, 9:18 p.m. CST
Yeah. I'll give it a shot. Gonna try to make it to Creepshow too. Is that sold out?
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 479 total posts 198 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 299 total posts 149 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 328 total posts 82 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 255 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 223 total posts 33 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 590 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 208 total posts 15 posts