#ATTACKtheALAMO Aint It Cool/Badass screening of ATTACK THE BLOCK is ON!!!
Hey folks, Harry here... Devin and I began a Twitter conversation a couple days ago that kind of began as I started feeling anxious gotta see this fucking movie vibes, after hearing Devin bring the film up, yet again! Well, as often happens in these public conversations - folks that want to fill this terrible void in my 2011 film going experience were watching. First, the Alamo Drafthouse decided they'd totally do an AICN/BADASS screening of ATTACK THE BLOCK, but then the folks at ScreenGems decided to go ahead and engage all of us for setting up this screening. Next thing I know - it looks like the screening is set up for June 15th at 7pm! All you have to do is ATTACK THE BLOCK and RSVP at This Link
I'll see you good folks there!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 3, 2011, 8:30 p.m. CST
AICN/BADASS Screening of ATTACK THE BLOCK in Austin at the Alamo South!!!
June 3, 2011, 8:38 p.m. CST
June 3, 2011, 8:43 p.m. CST
Have been hoping to see this one. And two weeks after Super 8. Thanks so frakkin' much, Harry!
June 3, 2011, 9:03 p.m. CST
Or are the just like the promo ones you get sometimes where it's first come first serve and you have to wait in line for like 3 hours.
June 3, 2011, 9:08 p.m. CST
that they do not guarantee entry and the event will be overbooked to ensure a full house.
June 3, 2011, 10:25 p.m. CST
They can over book by like 50-100 people and it won't be that crazy... or they can overbook by 2000 people and then its a zoo... I much prefer going to screenings where there is a list... So much less hassle, especially in the summer.
June 3, 2011, 10:50 p.m. CST
by zach hill
can't get passes to print
June 4, 2011, 12:54 a.m. CST
just like Scott Pilgrim and Kick Ass.
June 4, 2011, 6:39 a.m. CST
by Brian Cavallaro
I wish they would just release it already. That screen a couple weeks back was amazing, and I'm ready to pay to see the movie in the theater again and buy me a blu-ray. Just give me what I want!
June 4, 2011, 9:51 a.m. CST
i'm 22 years old and i'm getting this message, "We are sorry, you do not meet the age requirement to register."
June 4, 2011, 12:32 p.m. CST
June 4, 2011, 1:44 p.m. CST
Decent movie. Not Taffin, the other one.
June 4, 2011, 7:16 p.m. CST
Once again, Harry assumes everyone knows what the fuck he's babbling about. Is it possible to actually provide a FULL NAME and come close to resembling a legitimate article?
June 5, 2011, 2:42 a.m. CST
Found this kinda funny, though I am probably alone in this... If you click on the RSVP link from here, it shows only AICN as a "partner." If you click on the RSVP link from Badass Digest, they only list Badass Digest as being a "partner".
June 5, 2011, 2:44 a.m. CST
Whoops! Sorry to spam, but I just noticed that I misspelled sponsors as "sponsers"... Felt the mistake was too stupid of me, that I couldn't stand to not address it.
June 5, 2011, 11:11 a.m. CST
A bunch of goonie kids fight aliens on their block? I don't feel it. And I'm hearing about this nowhere else but from the AICN / CHUD geek squad. Just like Scott Pilgrim. Just like DISTRICT 9.
June 5, 2011, 5:31 p.m. CST
Really? I mean, even though I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim, I understand that there's a whole swathe of folks who don't like it.</p> </p> But District 9? Are there actually people who frequent this site that don't like District 9? Wow. What's the world coming to? In a perfect world, every year would have its very own District 9.
June 5, 2011, 7:24 p.m. CST
Nice trolling there. I can't wait to see the result when someone takes that piece of bait and runs with it. I'm sure you will be amply rewarded with all that attention you crave</p> </p> In any case... One wonders why anyeone who hates a film like District 9 would even visit this website. It's kinda like a vegetarian hanging out at the sausage factory for laughs.</p> </p> Heh. Sausage factory. See what I did there?
June 5, 2011, 9:39 p.m. CST
No shit, right? There are plenty of websites out their that cater to genderblenders brand of pretentious, self-important, uninspired anti-entertainment. Why someone whose every waking moment is apparently dedicated to the discovery of buried sexism in entertainment media wastes her time on a lil' ol' website like AICN, I just don't know. I mean, I know why I'M here. I like Harry, I have similar tastes in movies, and I enjoy reading what he has to say. The same can be said, more or less, for all the reviewers on this website. If I didn't like what these people have to say, I wouldn't be here. But lately these talkbacks have just been meltdown after meltdown, the community discourse having devolved to a sort of grunting, spitting, gurgling trollish dialect. It makes for piss poor reading.
June 5, 2011, 10:15 p.m. CST
You don't feel it??? How about you see the fucking movie first. Then you can feel it. Good or bad. At least bring a valid opinion instead of speculation. BTW it is awesome. I saw it in Dallas.
June 5, 2011, 10:22 p.m. CST
Womanless world??? You mean the movie District 9??? You know...Where he leaves his WIFE (a female) a makeshift flower at the end??? You know...a woman...in the film...District 9. Among many others that worked for his company. Take your FemNazi shit somewhere else...and go sit on a Sand Paper Dildo!
June 6, 2011, 2:36 a.m. CST
"It's the second time he doesn't a FUCK about what IS GOING ON in front of the camera!" "Alright." "Alright?" "I.. I don't.." "I'm trying to fucking do a scene here, and I'm going, why the fuck is Shane walking in there? What is he doing there? Do you understand my mind is NOT IN SCENE if you're doing THAT??"
June 7, 2011, 9:47 a.m. CST
June 7, 2011, 10:28 a.m. CST
...doesn't like District 9 is because Peter Jackson produced it. He hates pretty much EVERYTHING associated with Peter Jackson. Go ahead and ask him why he dislikes District 9. He'll feed you a mealymouthed shovelfull of shit about utterly irrelevant details of the film.
June 7, 2011, 10:39 a.m. CST
You should have a look around nature here on Earth. There are numerous species that procreate without females. Or males for that matter. I deal with rampantly shrill, politically correct, crypto-fascist fucktards like you on an almost daily basis. You'd be a joke if you weren't so pathetic.
June 7, 2011, 10:41 a.m. CST
June 7, 2011, 12:39 p.m. CST
I hear people from North London, speak much better. Anyway, no one likes the Brits.
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 700 total posts 77 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 409 total posts 43 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 363 total posts 28 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 44 total posts 27 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 22 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 211 total posts 21 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 366 total posts 19 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 21 total posts 13 posts
- Two More BIG BROTHER Nominations!! The Return Of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!! MI6 On PBS!! FALLING SKIES Finale!! New STRAIN, MANHATTAN, MASTERS, NAKED, RAY, RECKLESS, BEACHFRONT, BREATHLESS, KARDASHIANS, WIPEOUT!! No LEFTOVERS Finale!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 30 total posts 9 posts