The Alamo's 2011 Rolling Roadshow is about to kick off! Check out the sweet Mondo Roadshow Posters!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I've always wanted to go on one of the Alamo's big Roadshow events... to have seen Close Encounters at Devil's Tower or The Lost Boys at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk would have been awesome.
Alas, the long road trips wouldn't have been practical in a financial or timing sense, so I cried while Harry got to have the best time ever in the history of mankind.
Not this time, suckas! This year the Roadshow is Texas based. I probably can't see all of them due to prior commitments and $387.29 a gallon gas (give or take), but I'm for sure going to be at this weekend's offerings, which begins with The Searchers out in Fort Parker, TX on Friday, then The Texas Chain Saw Massacre out at the Junction House (Leatherface's place) Saturday and then Blood Simple here in Austin (where the Coens shot it) Sunday.
The Alamo's offering a VIP dinner at the Chain Saw event with actors Marilyn Burns and Ed Neal and writer Kim Henkel for $100 if that kind of thing floats your boat. If you just like movies, come on out to these outdoor screenings... they're free and first come first served!
Last year Olly Moss did the Roadshow posters and this year Jason Munn did the set, keeping in the minimalist style template Moss set last year.
Check them out:
Hope to see some of you folks at the big Roadshow events!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 1, 2011, 9:19 p.m. CST
by Mr Soze
I'll take that No Country one
June 1, 2011, 9:35 p.m. CST
They look nice, but the super simplistic poster designs might be getting a little too commonplace these days. We're fine for now, but if I see more I'll start puking... and when I'm puking I tend to fart, and nobody wants to be around a farter.
June 1, 2011, 9:38 p.m. CST
Is a fucking GOD, and actually, he's not only been working with minimalism for years, he's hands-down the best at it in his field.
June 1, 2011, 10:32 p.m. CST
That one takes the cake for me. Exceptional concept and design. The rest are fine but that ones special!
June 1, 2011, 11:09 p.m. CST
... The Texas Chain Saw Massacre one. But the others are simply great! Literally.
June 2, 2011, 12:18 a.m. CST
by brad negrotto
but for the most part, they do no justice to the films.
June 2, 2011, 1:04 a.m. CST
Love that movie, and that poster would make a nice souvenir.
June 2, 2011, 5:25 a.m. CST
But Olly Moss is a bit of a genius at this sort of thing. These aren't nearly as cool.
June 2, 2011, 2:07 p.m. CST
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 187 total posts 46 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 183 total posts 25 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 133 total posts 25 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 72 total posts 23 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 36 total posts 18 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 555 total posts 15 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 67 total posts 15 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 342 total posts 15 posts
- Learn Which Movie Star Just Signed On To HBO’s Jonathan Nolan/Bad Robot Pilot WESTWORLD!! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 3 is actually a prequel, plus details on how you could win a trip to visit the set!! -- 24 total posts 10 posts