The Alamo's 2011 Rolling Roadshow is about to kick off! Check out the sweet Mondo Roadshow Posters!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I've always wanted to go on one of the Alamo's big Roadshow events... to have seen Close Encounters at Devil's Tower or The Lost Boys at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk would have been awesome.
Alas, the long road trips wouldn't have been practical in a financial or timing sense, so I cried while Harry got to have the best time ever in the history of mankind.
Not this time, suckas! This year the Roadshow is Texas based. I probably can't see all of them due to prior commitments and $387.29 a gallon gas (give or take), but I'm for sure going to be at this weekend's offerings, which begins with The Searchers out in Fort Parker, TX on Friday, then The Texas Chain Saw Massacre out at the Junction House (Leatherface's place) Saturday and then Blood Simple here in Austin (where the Coens shot it) Sunday.
The Alamo's offering a VIP dinner at the Chain Saw event with actors Marilyn Burns and Ed Neal and writer Kim Henkel for $100 if that kind of thing floats your boat. If you just like movies, come on out to these outdoor screenings... they're free and first come first served!
Last year Olly Moss did the Roadshow posters and this year Jason Munn did the set, keeping in the minimalist style template Moss set last year.
Check them out:
Hope to see some of you folks at the big Roadshow events!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 1, 2011, 9:19 p.m. CST
by Mr Soze
I'll take that No Country one
June 1, 2011, 9:35 p.m. CST
They look nice, but the super simplistic poster designs might be getting a little too commonplace these days. We're fine for now, but if I see more I'll start puking... and when I'm puking I tend to fart, and nobody wants to be around a farter.
June 1, 2011, 9:38 p.m. CST
Is a fucking GOD, and actually, he's not only been working with minimalism for years, he's hands-down the best at it in his field.
June 1, 2011, 10:32 p.m. CST
That one takes the cake for me. Exceptional concept and design. The rest are fine but that ones special!
June 1, 2011, 11:09 p.m. CST
... The Texas Chain Saw Massacre one. But the others are simply great! Literally.
June 2, 2011, 12:18 a.m. CST
by brad negrotto
but for the most part, they do no justice to the films.
June 2, 2011, 1:04 a.m. CST
Love that movie, and that poster would make a nice souvenir.
June 2, 2011, 5:25 a.m. CST
But Olly Moss is a bit of a genius at this sort of thing. These aren't nearly as cool.
June 2, 2011, 2:07 p.m. CST
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 411 total posts 410 posts
- Trailer for MUDBLOODS - Documentary About Real Life Muggle Quidditch Players! -- 247 total posts 151 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 178 total posts 50 posts
- Copernicus explores The Science of Star Wars! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- Will Ferrell to play Russ Meyer in RUSS & ROGER GO BEYOND! -- 37 total posts 37 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 298 total posts 36 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 461 total posts 32 posts
- EXCLUSIVE: Who's the voice of that stunning stinger character after the credits of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY? -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 310 total posts 23 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 118 total posts 22 posts