The Alamo's 2011 Rolling Roadshow is about to kick off! Check out the sweet Mondo Roadshow Posters!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I've always wanted to go on one of the Alamo's big Roadshow events... to have seen Close Encounters at Devil's Tower or The Lost Boys at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk would have been awesome.
Alas, the long road trips wouldn't have been practical in a financial or timing sense, so I cried while Harry got to have the best time ever in the history of mankind.
Not this time, suckas! This year the Roadshow is Texas based. I probably can't see all of them due to prior commitments and $387.29 a gallon gas (give or take), but I'm for sure going to be at this weekend's offerings, which begins with The Searchers out in Fort Parker, TX on Friday, then The Texas Chain Saw Massacre out at the Junction House (Leatherface's place) Saturday and then Blood Simple here in Austin (where the Coens shot it) Sunday.
The Alamo's offering a VIP dinner at the Chain Saw event with actors Marilyn Burns and Ed Neal and writer Kim Henkel for $100 if that kind of thing floats your boat. If you just like movies, come on out to these outdoor screenings... they're free and first come first served!
Last year Olly Moss did the Roadshow posters and this year Jason Munn did the set, keeping in the minimalist style template Moss set last year.
Check them out:
Hope to see some of you folks at the big Roadshow events!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 1, 2011, 9:19 p.m. CST
by Mr Soze
I'll take that No Country one
June 1, 2011, 9:35 p.m. CST
They look nice, but the super simplistic poster designs might be getting a little too commonplace these days. We're fine for now, but if I see more I'll start puking... and when I'm puking I tend to fart, and nobody wants to be around a farter.
June 1, 2011, 9:38 p.m. CST
Is a fucking GOD, and actually, he's not only been working with minimalism for years, he's hands-down the best at it in his field.
June 1, 2011, 10:32 p.m. CST
That one takes the cake for me. Exceptional concept and design. The rest are fine but that ones special!
June 1, 2011, 11:09 p.m. CST
... The Texas Chain Saw Massacre one. But the others are simply great! Literally.
June 2, 2011, 12:18 a.m. CST
by brad negrotto
but for the most part, they do no justice to the films.
June 2, 2011, 1:04 a.m. CST
Love that movie, and that poster would make a nice souvenir.
June 2, 2011, 5:25 a.m. CST
But Olly Moss is a bit of a genius at this sort of thing. These aren't nearly as cool.
June 2, 2011, 2:07 p.m. CST
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 448 total posts 155 posts
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 645 total posts 50 posts
- The BBCs Confirm 'Time of the Doctor' DOCTOR WHO Christmas Special Transmit Times!! + New Promo Art And Pics!! -- 68 total posts 29 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 117 total posts 19 posts
- Trailer and Release Date for NURSE 3D! -- 82 total posts 19 posts
- Watch Tom Hiddleston sway with Tilda Swinton in this clip from ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 33 total posts 19 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 113 total posts 13 posts
- Capone feels burned by the out-of-control acting in OUT OF THE FURNACE!!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Fan Of The 2010 Paul Bettany Angry Angel Movie LEGION?? Syfy Just Ordered To Series The TV Version!! -- 31 total posts 8 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 101 total posts 8 posts