The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day tried to charge us three paintballs to use the bathroom!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
While I rock through my Sunday I figured I’d switch things up a bit and hit you with a TV BTS pic… and a recent one at that.
I’m kind of in love with Community. Dan Harmon’s show is the best of all worlds… it’s funny, it’s smart, it takes eye-rolling geek references and somehow turns them on their heads and makes them funny again… I mean, the season finale (the second of a two part paintball epic) ended up focusing on a big Star Wars reference, which is about as tired as you can get in the days of Family Guy and Robot Chicken doing 400 Star Wars themed episodes every year.
But the way Harmon and his crew handled the Star Wars references was actually funny because it was about a broader story and done as character humor. So, I’m doing something different in this column and throwing up a Behind the Scenes picture for something that aired less than a week ago on the idiot box.
Thanks to the very funny, and drop-dead gorgeous, Ms. Alison Brie for posting this to her Twitter account. Hey, Ally… still waiting on your answer to that big question I asked that lovely romantic night spent under the pregnant moon as the warm waves lapped at our bare ankles. Please say yes!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’ve got something special for you guys tomorrow. Come on back and be stuck in the middle with our Behind the Scenes Pic!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 16, 2011, 1:27 a.m. CST
May 16, 2011, 1:28 a.m. CST
what it's a picture of...
May 16, 2011, 1:29 a.m. CST
I love this show. The first paintball ep was pure awesome sauce. I haven't seen a single ep of season 2 yet cause we like watching lots of these back to back. Look forward to seeing this season and knowing there's another paintball episode.
May 16, 2011, 1:33 a.m. CST
May 16, 2011, 1:34 a.m. CST
by carey adams
The season finale is a 2-part paintball episode. There is a surprise cameo from a former actor of Lost that is great.
May 16, 2011, 1:41 a.m. CST
Since that's meant to be Abed, Troy and Annie, since they're the only people caught in the sprinkler paint bomb without a stormtrooper uniform, but that could just as easily be three mopheads in a pile of clothes, and faked.
May 16, 2011, 2:20 a.m. CST
May 16, 2011, 4:10 a.m. CST
by Bill Brasky
Really? I mean, a two year old TV show? I hate to be a contrarian. I really can't stand the fucking losers that come on here and grandstand about how they hate 'Fringe' or whatever. But damn Quint, this is the worst one yet. Not even the boring b/w 1940s shit photos that no one cares about are as bad as this.
May 16, 2011, 5:29 a.m. CST
It's so smug and full of itself, and the autistic character is so ridiculous he's annoying - haven't seen a disabled character so insulting since The Other Sister - "awe, autistic people are so cute!". Just beyond insulting.
May 16, 2011, 5:54 a.m. CST
You guys think Pierce is off the show? I have my doubts; I mean it's not like Chevy has a whooooole lot else going on right now. Maybe he just wanted to do two seasons and done. Hell, he only did one season of SNL.
May 16, 2011, 5:54 a.m. CST
May 16, 2011, 6:05 a.m. CST
it's his mannerisms that piss me off. But apart from that, this show is absolute gold. I've not gotten so much enjoyment out of a show since Arrested.. <P> Long may it continue, I say. The paintball episodes were great, the hallowe'en zombies, and the Kentucky Fried Shuttle was sublime.
May 16, 2011, 6:26 a.m. CST
by Bob Loblaw Law Blog
Actually, Chevy Chase left SNL during the second season. I think we'll see him on season three of Community.
May 16, 2011, 6:43 a.m. CST
I've heard it's quite a departure from Season 1, which was so eye-bleedingly twee and full of life-lessons that it crowded out most of the expected laughter.
May 16, 2011, 7:12 a.m. CST
Or am I missing a nerdy film reference here?
May 16, 2011, 9:49 a.m. CST
If you look at the tweet Brie posted this pic in, she credited the taking of the picture to Community writer Megan Ganz. (And if you check Ganz's twitter feed, she posted 13 other BTS photos from this episode.)
May 16, 2011, 10:03 a.m. CST
a flight delay pic of the day?
May 16, 2011, 11:08 a.m. CST
Quint . . . *scrape, scrape*
May 16, 2011, 11:26 a.m. CST
I look forward to the day when Twitter goes to whatever cyber-hell Friendster is now enjoying.
May 16, 2011, 11:42 a.m. CST
May 16, 2011, 12:31 p.m. CST
by Arcadian Del Sol
One of the prettiest ever. EVER. Unfortunately, her character Annie is running out of male co-stars to kiss. If they get a season 4, then next year's finale will have her kiss Chevy Chase. And stop the hate on Abed. He's the nerd-soul of the show. Makes it watchable. --- The writing for Community is among the best. Its funny, sarcastic, AND heartfelt all at once. I love this show.
May 16, 2011, 3:08 p.m. CST
It started slow, but has really gained momentum. Great ensemble cast, great writing, hot chicks, very funny; what else do you need?
May 16, 2011, 4:51 p.m. CST
This pic is streets ahead of the others.
May 17, 2011, 12:47 a.m. CST
Which means that it'll be cancelled mid-way through next year.
May 17, 2011, 1:36 a.m. CST
Come on, Quint! There are so many great movies you haven't featured.
May 17, 2011, 11:45 a.m. CST
Best comedy since Arrested Development and definitely in the same bracket. Probably because they're from the same producers. It will almost certainly be cancelled next year - especially since it's sticking in the same slot. But 3 seasons isn't a bad run for this kind of show. I just hope that it doesn't have its episode order cut back as Arrested Development was.<P>On the other hand, there's always the possibility that it could do a Scrubs and be a well-loved but little-watched show which keeps getting recommissioned for no discernable reason.
May 17, 2011, 6:04 p.m. CST
ok like him complaining to a craft services worker that no one gets his material anymore. Or that Helen Hunt could fart the theme to "Jaws"
May 17, 2011, 9:29 p.m. CST
How long is a program at a community college? University up here is 4 years. Community needs to get through 4 years, have everyone finish up their diplomas or whatever they're called, and call it a day. My heart can't handle such a great show going sour. We don't need 10 years. We just need four great ones. Two down, two to go.
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 385 total posts 19 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 636 total posts 13 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 203 total posts 12 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 25 total posts 8 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 14 total posts 5 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 303 total posts 4 posts
- Two More BIG BROTHER Nominations!! The Return Of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!! MI6 On PBS!! FALLING SKIES Finale!! New STRAIN, MANHATTAN, MASTERS, NAKED, RAY, RECKLESS, BEACHFRONT, BREATHLESS, KARDASHIANS, WIPEOUT!! No LEFTOVERS Finale!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 24 total posts 3 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 312 total posts 3 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 349 total posts 2 posts