If The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day didn’t exist it would be necessary to invent it.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
Sorry for the misleading hint yesterday. I didn’t lie… today’s pic does come from a movie featuring Captain America, but just not the one you think.
Today we peek behind the scenes of Easy Rider, newly on Blu-Ray in that crazy sweet Criterion BBS box set. I haven’t checked out that Blu yet, but I need to. It’s about time I’ve revisited the flick.
There’s a quality to Easy Rider that I really admire… something so laid back and easy going that it sets the tone just in that intangible feeling. Even before we meet Peter Fonda or Jack Nicholson or Dennis Hopper and follow them across our country we know what kind of movie we’re in for… it’s almost hypnotic in its melancholy.
The movie was shot on the cheap and today’s pic reflects that. No camera car for this movie unless you count the convertible with the camera on sticks in the backseat.
Hope you guys enjoy the pic, once again courtesy of Pat Barnett!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s Behind the Scenes Pic is a bitch you should get away from!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 10, 2011, 7:07 p.m. CST
May 10, 2011, 7:09 p.m. CST
May 10, 2011, 7:38 p.m. CST
by Mr Soze
May 10, 2011, 7:49 p.m. CST
May 10, 2011, 8:33 p.m. CST
by Dark Doom
May 10, 2011, 8:56 p.m. CST
I was really looking forward to your take on it. Also, you were going to reveal who Ron Howard had been considering other than Bardem for Roland. I assume Guy Pearce?
May 10, 2011, 9:24 p.m. CST
Real life is stranger than fiction.
May 10, 2011, 9:25 p.m. CST
Sorry, that was the definition given to disco in its heyday. Thus, I thought it was going to be a picture from "Can't Stop the Music"... In a way, I'm not that disappointed that it wasn't.
May 10, 2011, 10:09 p.m. CST
Nicholson as George: "Now this is supposed to be the finest whorehouse in the South. These ain't no pork chops... These are U.S. priiiiime."
May 10, 2011, 10:34 p.m. CST
End of Line.
May 11, 2011, 12:12 a.m. CST
by nolan bautista
oddest line in the movie..this was said to Dennis Hopper in the commune scene(the hippies were singing about"..does your hair grow long..")..i still dont get it to this day..were they trying to freak him out?
May 11, 2011, 12:12 a.m. CST
of Krotz Springs LA. Yes, I've heard all the jokes you are all immediately thinking of. The final scene, which this is probably a pic of, was filmed along one of the levees that protect the town from the atchafalya river. A river which is in danger of overflowing because of whats happening with the MS river. I moved away to Lafayette LA years ago to get away from that little do nothing town. But now that my parents and most of my family are in danger of getting flooded, I feel guilty for not being there with them through all this.
May 11, 2011, 12:21 p.m. CST
Wyatt: "Have you got a helmet?" George: "Oh, oh I've got a helmet. I've got a beauty!" Cut to Nicholson wearing this ridiculous gold football helmet and flapping his arms like bird wings as he rides behind Peter Fonda and the song "If You Wanna Be a Bird" plays in the background.
May 11, 2011, 2:20 p.m. CST
...cemented his rep right then and there. Also.....''nic,nic,nic,....swamp''.....
May 11, 2011, 6:52 p.m. CST
What about the poor bastard who took the actual photo? His arse must have been hanging out there.
May 11, 2011, 8:31 p.m. CST
by nolan bautista
George (a marijuana novice) rants about UFOs and how they have always been amongst us and how they will slowly reveal themselves and take over society..Peter Fonda (in a dead-pan voice ) says: "How's your joint George?"
May 12, 2011, 7:33 a.m. CST
May 12, 2011, 7:34 a.m. CST
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 54 total posts 47 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 174 total posts 41 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 386 total posts 35 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 271 total posts 33 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 64 total posts 20 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 86 total posts 8 posts
- T-MINUS 3 DAYS(ish) And It’s A Wednesday MiniDocback!! New ‘DOCTOR WHO EXTRA’ BTS Show Announced, Germany To Initially Transmit ‘Deep Breath’ Undubbed, And HornOrSilk Reviews ‘The Abandoned’ Big Finish Audio!! -- 31 total posts 6 posts
- AMC Renews HALT AND CATCH FIRE For Season Two!! -- 24 total posts 5 posts
- New TV Spot for OUIJA! -- 38 total posts 4 posts
- FX Renews THE STRAIN For Season Two!! -- 26 total posts 3 posts