Geekshow’s Scott Carelli saw a test-screening cut of David E. Kelley’s “Wonder Woman” and offered a lot of details:
* Diana apparently doesn’t at any time during the pilot wear the "blue boot" outfit from that first, famous photo Warner Bros. released.
* The first time we see Diana she’s on Hollywood Boulevard in the red-boot costume of which we all saw photos.
* At some point she switches to the iconic star-spangled panties.
* Carelli, having earlier read a pilot script, said the pilot itself was better than he thought it would be – but it still “wasn’t even as good as ‘Smallville.’”
* Carelli said the pilot was, however, promising enough to get him to watch a second episode.
* According to Carelli: my pal Tracie Thoms (“Wonderfalls,” “Cold Case”), who plays Diana’s Girl Friday, is the best thing in the pilot.
* Palicki is “really good” as the title character but is generally let down by David E. Kelley’s script.
* Cary Elwes is decent as the chief executive at Diana’s Themyscera Industries.
* Elizabeth Hurley is “cheesy” as Veronica Cale, the pilot’s Lex Luthor surrogate.
* Carelli hated “Knight Rider” star Justin Bruening, who’s apparently a real stiff as Diana’s ex Steve Trevor, and hopes the role will be recast.
* The pilot felt more like a cross between “Ally McBeal” and “Boston Legal” than Wonder Woman.
* Diana both kills (apparently quite cavalierly) and tortures men in the pilot Carelli saw.
* The lasso is frequently employed as an Indiana Jones-type whip.
* Carelli was okay with the fight sequences, in which Diana comes off as “a warrior.”
* We learn Diana left Trevor (and a life in New York) because she feared her enemies could harm any romantic interest she might pursue.
* In the pilot, Diana’s home island of Themyscera is apparently a lot like Dharma Island from “Lost”: once one leaves it, it’s essentially impossible to find again.
NBC will announce whether or not it’s taking “Wonder Woman” to series no later than next Monday.
Listen to the entire Geekshow podcast here.