You wanna hear The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s philosophy of life? Do it to him before he does it to you.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
It’s not only movie monsters and geek stuff here, you know! Sometimes we have class! And by class I mean a sweet picture of Marlon Brando on the set of ON THE WATERFRONT applying his own bloody, post-fight makeup.
I watched On the Waterfront in my teen years and it was one of the old classics that helped me appreciate black and white dramas. Sunset Blvd was another big one, but Waterfront was straight up drama, no noir or genre crutches for me use as gateways into the era.
Brando was on fire at this time in his career… Waterfront, Streetcar Named Desire, The Wild One… it’s like he kicked open your door, sat down at your dinner table, started piling food onto his plate and dared you to say shit about it.
Hope you guys enjoy the photo, courtesy of reader “Mehow”!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s Behind the Scenes Pic gets in the superhero summer mood with Captain America!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 9, 2011, 2:28 p.m. CST
by Mr Soze
May 9, 2011, 2:29 p.m. CST
Great actor. Great movie.
May 9, 2011, 2:30 p.m. CST
that a man named Marlon could have been so badass...
May 9, 2011, 2:48 p.m. CST
May 9, 2011, 2:55 p.m. CST
May 9, 2011, 3 p.m. CST
...I guess the Joker-esque make-up is throwing me off...
May 9, 2011, 3:21 p.m. CST
If there's one actor that I could beat the shit out of, it would be him.
May 9, 2011, 3:22 p.m. CST
in that pic...and i suppose in real life right now too :(
May 9, 2011, 3:35 p.m. CST
"it’s like he kicked open your door, sat down at your dinner table, started piling food onto his plate and dared you to say shit about it."
Happens EVERY time Harry comes over. J/K, love ya Harold!
May 9, 2011, 3:39 p.m. CST
Those were the days...Betcha the butter wasn't low fat either!
May 9, 2011, 3:56 p.m. CST
'Last Tango in Paris' was the butter buttfuck movie.
May 9, 2011, 3:59 p.m. CST
the fuuuuuuuck do I keep clicking this ever outdated article's links???????
May 9, 2011, 4:32 p.m. CST
Brando's now Harryhausen like skellington could kick your arse.
May 9, 2011, 6:13 p.m. CST
"If there's one actor that I could beat off to, it would be him." Fixed it for you. You're welcome.
May 9, 2011, 10:28 p.m. CST
and underneath. Shia Labeuf set to make the announcement shortly.
May 9, 2011, 10:49 p.m. CST
For tomorrow's Picture is that Captain America from the 90's? I heard that it was horrible.
May 10, 2011, 6:35 a.m. CST
A scarring experience.
May 10, 2011, 6:35 a.m. CST
and that movie where he makes love with a help of a butter, yeah that's fuckin' great flick
May 10, 2011, 6:37 a.m. CST
Fantastic 4? you know, because of that guy Chris Evans. but probably not...god, that movie was laaaaaame
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 250 total posts 151 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 374 total posts 129 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 229 total posts 91 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 241 total posts 80 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 90 total posts 56 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 176 total posts 53 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 57 total posts 43 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS! -- 65 total posts 27 posts