You wanna hear The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s philosophy of life? Do it to him before he does it to you.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
It’s not only movie monsters and geek stuff here, you know! Sometimes we have class! And by class I mean a sweet picture of Marlon Brando on the set of ON THE WATERFRONT applying his own bloody, post-fight makeup.
I watched On the Waterfront in my teen years and it was one of the old classics that helped me appreciate black and white dramas. Sunset Blvd was another big one, but Waterfront was straight up drama, no noir or genre crutches for me use as gateways into the era.
Brando was on fire at this time in his career… Waterfront, Streetcar Named Desire, The Wild One… it’s like he kicked open your door, sat down at your dinner table, started piling food onto his plate and dared you to say shit about it.
Hope you guys enjoy the photo, courtesy of reader “Mehow”!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s Behind the Scenes Pic gets in the superhero summer mood with Captain America!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 9, 2011, 2:28 p.m. CST
by Mr Soze
May 9, 2011, 2:29 p.m. CST
Great actor. Great movie.
May 9, 2011, 2:30 p.m. CST
that a man named Marlon could have been so badass...
May 9, 2011, 2:48 p.m. CST
May 9, 2011, 2:55 p.m. CST
May 9, 2011, 3 p.m. CST
...I guess the Joker-esque make-up is throwing me off...
May 9, 2011, 3:21 p.m. CST
If there's one actor that I could beat the shit out of, it would be him.
May 9, 2011, 3:22 p.m. CST
in that pic...and i suppose in real life right now too :(
May 9, 2011, 3:35 p.m. CST
"it’s like he kicked open your door, sat down at your dinner table, started piling food onto his plate and dared you to say shit about it."
Happens EVERY time Harry comes over. J/K, love ya Harold!
May 9, 2011, 3:39 p.m. CST
Those were the days...Betcha the butter wasn't low fat either!
May 9, 2011, 3:56 p.m. CST
'Last Tango in Paris' was the butter buttfuck movie.
May 9, 2011, 3:59 p.m. CST
the fuuuuuuuck do I keep clicking this ever outdated article's links???????
May 9, 2011, 4:32 p.m. CST
Brando's now Harryhausen like skellington could kick your arse.
May 9, 2011, 6:13 p.m. CST
"If there's one actor that I could beat off to, it would be him." Fixed it for you. You're welcome.
May 9, 2011, 10:28 p.m. CST
and underneath. Shia Labeuf set to make the announcement shortly.
May 9, 2011, 10:49 p.m. CST
For tomorrow's Picture is that Captain America from the 90's? I heard that it was horrible.
May 10, 2011, 6:35 a.m. CST
A scarring experience.
May 10, 2011, 6:35 a.m. CST
and that movie where he makes love with a help of a butter, yeah that's fuckin' great flick
May 10, 2011, 6:37 a.m. CST
Fantastic 4? you know, because of that guy Chris Evans. but probably not...god, that movie was laaaaaame
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 178 total posts 49 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 48 total posts 48 posts
- TERMINATOR: GENESIS to be a sequel, reboot, and prequel all at the same time!?! -- 487 total posts 33 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 284 total posts 31 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Nordling's Day One Of SXSW 2014 - THE DESERT And PREMATURE! -- 25 total posts 18 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 43 total posts 15 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 66 total posts 12 posts