You wanna hear The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s philosophy of life? Do it to him before he does it to you.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
It’s not only movie monsters and geek stuff here, you know! Sometimes we have class! And by class I mean a sweet picture of Marlon Brando on the set of ON THE WATERFRONT applying his own bloody, post-fight makeup.
I watched On the Waterfront in my teen years and it was one of the old classics that helped me appreciate black and white dramas. Sunset Blvd was another big one, but Waterfront was straight up drama, no noir or genre crutches for me use as gateways into the era.
Brando was on fire at this time in his career… Waterfront, Streetcar Named Desire, The Wild One… it’s like he kicked open your door, sat down at your dinner table, started piling food onto his plate and dared you to say shit about it.
Hope you guys enjoy the photo, courtesy of reader “Mehow”!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s Behind the Scenes Pic gets in the superhero summer mood with Captain America!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 9, 2011, 2:28 p.m. CST
by Mr Soze
May 9, 2011, 2:29 p.m. CST
Great actor. Great movie.
May 9, 2011, 2:30 p.m. CST
that a man named Marlon could have been so badass...
May 9, 2011, 2:48 p.m. CST
May 9, 2011, 2:55 p.m. CST
May 9, 2011, 3 p.m. CST
...I guess the Joker-esque make-up is throwing me off...
May 9, 2011, 3:21 p.m. CST
If there's one actor that I could beat the shit out of, it would be him.
May 9, 2011, 3:22 p.m. CST
in that pic...and i suppose in real life right now too :(
May 9, 2011, 3:35 p.m. CST
"it’s like he kicked open your door, sat down at your dinner table, started piling food onto his plate and dared you to say shit about it."
Happens EVERY time Harry comes over. J/K, love ya Harold!
May 9, 2011, 3:39 p.m. CST
Those were the days...Betcha the butter wasn't low fat either!
May 9, 2011, 3:56 p.m. CST
'Last Tango in Paris' was the butter buttfuck movie.
May 9, 2011, 3:59 p.m. CST
the fuuuuuuuck do I keep clicking this ever outdated article's links???????
May 9, 2011, 4:32 p.m. CST
Brando's now Harryhausen like skellington could kick your arse.
May 9, 2011, 6:13 p.m. CST
"If there's one actor that I could beat off to, it would be him." Fixed it for you. You're welcome.
May 9, 2011, 10:28 p.m. CST
and underneath. Shia Labeuf set to make the announcement shortly.
May 9, 2011, 10:49 p.m. CST
For tomorrow's Picture is that Captain America from the 90's? I heard that it was horrible.
May 10, 2011, 6:35 a.m. CST
A scarring experience.
May 10, 2011, 6:35 a.m. CST
and that movie where he makes love with a help of a butter, yeah that's fuckin' great flick
May 10, 2011, 6:37 a.m. CST
Fantastic 4? you know, because of that guy Chris Evans. but probably not...god, that movie was laaaaaame
- Cyborg is confirmed to appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, and we know who's going to play him! -- 285 total posts 48 posts
- UPDATED (17:15) with image of the cast in character! Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 106 total posts 14 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 84 total posts 6 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 222 total posts 6 posts
- Trailer for [REC]4: APOCALYPSE Has Arrived! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR talks with Thommy Hutson about Kickstarting his new book, the definitive A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET companion, NEVER SLEEP AGAIN! -- 95 total posts 3 posts
- 4th Week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: SORCERER, GET CARTER, PAWNBROKER, Slasher horror & more!!! -- 177 total posts 3 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 134 total posts 3 posts
- Here's A Trailer For AS ABOVE SO BELOW!! Freaky Madness In The Catacombs Of Paris!! -- 30 total posts 2 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 455 total posts 2 posts