The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day dislikes being touched… an Eastern prejudice.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I love horror holidays. Halloween is my favorite, naturally, but I’m really impressed that Obama’s given some love to the Mummies of the country, I would assume as a show of support for the recent Egypt uprising.
So here’s today’s BTS pic (a bit late, but here nonetheless) featuring the best mummy movie ever… Fuck you, Brendan Fraser sit back down! The good, original Boris Karloff Mummy is what I’m talking about, doofus.
Anyway, I don’t know what I like more about this picture… the elegant tea-time posture on one of the most famous monsters of all time or the dude on the left (ahem, I mean legendary makeup man Jack Pierce) aiming a hairdryer at Karloff’s junk. Do I really have to pick a favorite, though? Naw, I love them both equally.
Happy Mummy’s Day Weekend!
Tomorrow’s Behind the Scenes Pic thinks this weekend is cursed!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 8, 2011, 2:04 a.m. CST
by Horace Cox
Is Bubba Ho-Tep.
May 8, 2011, 2:05 a.m. CST
by Horace Cox
BEST mummy. And by the way... if a mummy has "junk" wouldn't that make it a daddy?
May 8, 2011, 2:19 a.m. CST
I'm pretty sure 'that dude" is none other then the legendary makeup man Jack Pierce.
May 8, 2011, 2:19 a.m. CST
The Hammer version of The Mummy with Lee and Cushing is the best. (well, it's may favorite Mummy flick). Something about those two actors, Terrence Fisher and glorious Technicolor ....
May 8, 2011, 2:26 a.m. CST
May 8, 2011, 2:34 a.m. CST
Right you are!
May 8, 2011, 3:01 a.m. CST
today's pic, shit on a shingle.
May 8, 2011, 3:46 a.m. CST
May 8, 2011, 3:59 a.m. CST
Sorry to break the news.
May 8, 2011, 4:07 a.m. CST
Also, I always thought Zita Johann looked pretty good in this movie.
May 8, 2011, 4:23 a.m. CST
Yep, I had no idea who Jack Pierce was. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46049 http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46958 It certainly couldn't be because Pierce has all of a third of his face towards camera and I didn't study the photo like it was a Zapruder frame before posting it. No way!
May 8, 2011, 6:06 a.m. CST
They make other articles slide of the front page too quickly.
May 8, 2011, 7:36 a.m. CST
by Rex Carsalot
Not because they're terrible or uninteresting - they have their place here - but they've become the biggest slice of the pie here and it's just not that interesting. Also, you get dicks like Riley.
May 8, 2011, 7:37 a.m. CST
by Rex Carsalot
Because my first attempt sounds like I'm stoned. I like the concept, some aspects have been fun, but it's been done to death, usually eats up site space, and ultimately hasn't yet had a WOW factor that makes me think it should keep going as prominently as it has. There. Much better.
May 8, 2011, 7:53 a.m. CST
Its odd to call it DAILY when clearly you cant handle the regularity. Updates to this site are spasmodic. Big news and reviews are simply MISSING and dont get reported AT ALL? Also agree theres very little gems in the BTS pics. I dont want to say the site is going to shit but it sort of is.
May 8, 2011, 8:17 a.m. CST
jack p pierce = no cheap mummy bandages suit that zips up the back shit.
May 8, 2011, 8:22 a.m. CST
By definition, BTS pic of the day is once a day. All of the stories of the day are displaced a whopping one slot every 24 or so hours. That doesn't strike me as a frantic pace, or a flood of spam. My biggest complaint about this site is that there are too few posts and stories added each day, not that there are too many to keep up with.
May 8, 2011, 9:20 a.m. CST
which is why you're reading my comment, that I took the time to write, about a feature I didn't see because ...you know.. like I said.. I stopped coming here. But here I am. Yep. Here. wait...
May 8, 2011, 9:21 a.m. CST
....they do make you realize how little news there is at this site. And then around Wednesday or Thursday, you'll get like 5 reviews on the same movies from different reviewers on this site. I think the hardest thing for the people who run this site is coming up with 5 different article titles for the same movie being reviewed. <p> "Capone thinks Fast Five is both fast...and five" <p> "Nordling says Fast Five makes him feel giddy like when he watches Glee." <p> "Quint says Fast Five is a high paced thrill ride." <p> "Massywyrm rapes Fast Five and leaves it bleeding and crying on the bed." <p> "Harry says Fast Five gave him a boner for five hours, and he didn't rub it fast....but slowly....oh so slowly...."
May 8, 2011, 9:21 a.m. CST
May 8, 2011, 9:23 a.m. CST
They've yet to outdue the orginal universal horror films (Hammer did a good job but they films have dated horribly and were always a campy affair rather then a crepy or spooky one) Coppolla gave us a great Dracula but it lacked the charm of bela lagosi The wolfman was a fun ride but it was the phantom menace to the orgina'ls empire strikes back I'm hopeful that universal can get the creature from the black lagoon up out of development hell and it'll be worth it, I also hope Guillermo del toro's involvment in the frankenstein reboot means we are in for something I'd assume universal is still considering a fourth mummy movie (the third made money) but i hope they return to the egyptian formula of the first 2
May 8, 2011, 9:37 a.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
I hope this phrase catches on..... always sans comma, of course.
May 8, 2011, 11:22 a.m. CST
I 'd rather have a weekly TZ review than a daily behind the scenes picture.
May 8, 2011, 12:24 p.m. CST
"but, I'd rather be chased by him than the wolfman"
May 8, 2011, 1 p.m. CST
The integrity if you want to call it that of movie reviews is questionable.
May 8, 2011, 2:40 p.m. CST
I can only assume Quint just gave up on them, he only did the first handful of episodes and then claimed they would return in a few weeks... that was a good 9 months ago if i rmember correctly The worst part is that quint refuses to answer us what happend or if they will return
May 9, 2011, 12:49 a.m. CST
I think the original Mummy movie is frickin' boring. Sooo boring. I love Frankenstein, Dracula and The Wolf Man, but The Mummy is so very boring. Again, I appear to be in the minority, but I love the BTS pic of the day. As previously stated, there is a lack of content on this site lately, yet I still check it everyday, in part to see the BTS pic of the day. I usually prefer the older ones too. Finally, I also miss the Twilight Zone episode reviews. That was my favorite ever column on this site, dedicated to my all time favorite show. Please bring it back.
May 9, 2011, 5:36 a.m. CST
I'd totally forgotten until you mentioned it, but I now remember the original as boring the pants off me as a kid...the sequels were much better. Hell, Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy was better. By the way - anyone hear of any progress being made on The Creature From the Black Lagoon remake?
May 9, 2011, 9:51 a.m. CST
There's an almost identical 'Tea Time' pic from the set of Frankenstein. It's just like this over here in the UK. It's all tea and sheep shagging.
by Jeff Myers
Nothing to see here. Move on. :0)
May 9, 2011, 10:41 a.m. CST
Will be a new username before the week is out.
May 9, 2011, 3:50 p.m. CST
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 87 total posts 83 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 425 total posts 12 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 725 total posts 11 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 31 total posts 6 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 54 total posts 4 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 570 total posts 3 posts