Titan Books And AICN Wanna Give You A One Of Five Copies Of Dennis Meikle's Johnny Depp Bio!!
...with an opportunity for AICN readers to score one of 5 (five) copies of Dennis Meikle's JOHNNY DEPP biography...
...which I'm told "explores everything from his debut in A Nightmare on Elm Street, to his recent work on films such as The Tourist and Rango."
I haven't had a chance to glance through this title yet so I can't personally vouch for its content, but I can say that this is from Titan Books - and I've been consistently impressed and occasionally floored by their work - so there's probably some nice material here.
Whether you love Depp, or hate Depp, remain neutral on the actor, or are simply frustrated that he he's the default 'go to' whenever a highly visible/iconic role needs to be cast, there's no denying that Depp is a meaningful force in the industry and this book could well provide insight into how such a lofty status was attained. We've come a long way from 21 JUMP STREET.
How do you win a copy? The rules are simple and stated below - BUT PLEASE FOLLOW THEM PRECISELY. We invariably have a number of unnecessary disqualification from people who don't exactingly follow the guidelines presented below, and we hat to see that happen.
** Sometime between the time you read this and 11:59:59 PM CST USA on Sunday May 8, send an e-mail to me via the link below. You can enter as much as you like for each of the contest's five days.
** Include your name and mailing address in this e-mail. The address is to expedite prize shipment only and will be summarily discarded once book recipients are chosen. No spam, no mailing lists, etc.
** CONTEST IS OPEN TO INTERNATIONAL READERS!!!
** Be sure to send from an ACTIVE (and frequently checked) E-MAIL ACCOUNT. If I try to reach you & my message bounces back? I'll trash your win and move on to the next closest winning contestant I can reach.
** I've already pre-selected ONE time of day between today (Wednesday) and Sunday (five days, one copy awarded per day). The person who e-mails me at (or closest to) one of these pre-selected times will receive a copy of the book. NOTE: I've been asked this before, so...for clarity...I'm using whatever time is stamped on the Yahoo mailing address established for this contest as the determiner. I'm in Central Time USA, so I guess that's a CST time stamp (?).
** The five recipients will be announced next week.
** Titan will have your addresses in hand next Tuesday morning & they've been kind enough to handle fulfillment in this contest.
** As a general FYI, you should know that...due to the number and frequency of entries...recipients in past contests were sometimes selected by matters of seconds. Literally.
** If you don't want an abbreviation of your name and state (G. Oliver, TX) announced on the site, please say so in your entry.
All you gotta do now is...
--- follow Merrick on Twitter ! ---
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 4, 2011, 12:48 p.m. CST
We can enter as often as we want each day or once a day for each of the involved days?
May 4, 2011, 6:20 p.m. CST
Seems like he's got a long road ahead to travel...
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 53 total posts 21 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 360 total posts 20 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 154 total posts 6 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 27 total posts 6 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 82 total posts 6 posts
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 518 total posts 3 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 215 total posts 3 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 96 total posts 3 posts