UPDATED! CONTEST! Win Olly Moss' Source Code Mondo Poster autographed by Duncan Jones!
UPDATE: A winner was chosen at random out of the nearly 500 entries and the winning entry was Ms. Hannah Key of Austin, TX! Congratulations to the winner and thanks to all who entered!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I'm wrapping up my part of judging the recent Super Contest and will post the results on that soon. In the meantime, I have a quick, email submission contest for a really nifty poster.
There are few artists that have risen to prominence due to their contributions for places like Mondo that hit as big as Olly Moss. His Evil Dead poster is amazing, his series of Rolling Roadshow posters are mindblowingly cool and his latest Star Wars Trilogy series for Mondo are some of the coolest posters ever to feature that iconic universe.
His stuff sells out immediately, is worth a ton on the secondary market and is just plain cool. He did a poster for Duncan Jones' Source Code that was sold at SXSW this year, but you don't have to have attended to get you one.
You can win that above poster signed by director Duncan Jones and all you gotta do is send me an email to this address with the subject line I Want Olly To Source My Code! and a valid mailing address in the body of the email, should you win. Your address and email will only be used for the purposes of this contest and not sold or abused, I promise. People who do that are scumbags and swear I'm not one of 'em.
The contest is open to anybody in the world, but you can enter only once. If I see duplicate entries I'll delete them all. Don't try to game the system and you'll be fine.
The contest is open from this very moment to Sunday April 10th at 11:59pm CST at which time I will pull an email at random. When I have chosen the winner he or she will be emailed and this story will be updated with his or her name.
Easy, right? Good luck everybody and thanks to Summit and Mondo for offering up the poster!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
April 8, 2011, 5:32 a.m. CST
April 8, 2011, 5:36 a.m. CST
April 8, 2011, 5:49 a.m. CST
by Raggles Wimpole
April 8, 2011, 8:38 a.m. CST
by Stale Elvis
...does he have a gun in this poster? Or the real poster for that matter either? He has a gun in the movie for about 2 or 3 scenes. Can you not sell a movie without a gun on a poster???
April 8, 2011, 10:38 a.m. CST
Why do movie posters and art rarely co-exist?
April 8, 2011, 11:20 a.m. CST
Movie posters have three giant heads floating in the foreground with some explosions in the background. If I don't see those giant floating heads then I don't know what the poster wants me to do. Then I get scared and hide under the tables in the food court.
April 8, 2011, 12:08 p.m. CST
That's the same guy. ollymoss.com
April 8, 2011, 12:16 p.m. CST
another pile of crap from jones. he just doesnt get it does he? thank god he isnt writing this shit himself if his taste in other peoples scripts is this bad. -- it's basically a film about a soldier who is lying crippled and dying in a machine which transplants his mind into the body of a fit healthy man with a hot girlfriend. he then procedes to walk off into the sunset with her and live his new life in the other mans body. fuck the original sean fentress eh duncan? as long as our brave soldier gets his legs back and a lifetime with michelle monahan! what a load of wank.
April 8, 2011, 2:30 p.m. CST
Fuck off, eh?
April 8, 2011, 3:35 p.m. CST
pretty desperate for attention, huh?
April 8, 2011, 9:33 p.m. CST
Though it should have ended at the freeze-frame admittedly.
April 11, 2011, 11:46 a.m. CST
She'd better not have been to SXSW (but if she's entering this comp, why didn't she...?)
April 18, 2011, 5:21 p.m. CST
1. A spoiler alert would have been really nice for the people who'd not yet actually seen it. 2. As for the "original" Sean Fentress, he was already dead. Either his body died on the train or our soldier stays in his. He never knew the girl for more than a train ride partner .. the only reason the soldier was in him was BECAUSE he'd died on the train. I am reasonably sure that the soldier didn't know that he would "Continue" to live on in an alternate dimension.. I don't think he hijacked the body on purpose .. but once he was disconnected from the machine in our world he was "stuck" there. Just my two cents.
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 317 total posts 182 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 346 total posts 155 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, Tomorrow’s HOMELAND, The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 90 total posts 90 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 161 total posts 75 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 75 total posts 38 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 187 total posts 21 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 44 total posts 20 posts
LOW WINTER SUN
2013-2013 -- 24 total posts 17 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 79 total posts 12 posts