Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an early screening of YOUR HIGHNESS! Details here!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
After nearly a solid month on the road for both movie and personal travel, I'm finally about to stay home for an extended stretch, which means I can have a few more screening events in Chicago. There were a couple of screening/Q&As that occurred while I was out of town that I simply couldn't say no to, so I handed the reins over to my colleague Ambush Bug to keep things in the AICN family, and by all accounts he did a bang-up job running the shows (including HANNA tonight). But now it's time to bring things back in house, and give the people the films they have been craving for many months, including the long-awaited sword and sorcery stoner comedy YOUR HIGHNESS, starring James Franco, Danny McBride, and Natalie Portman.
I believe it was about two years ago at the OBSERVE AND REPORT afterparty at SXSW that I met Danny McBride and director David Gordon Green. They had just gotten word that Universal had greenlit YOUR HIGHNESS, and they couldn't stop talking about how it would incorporate the wildest elements from some of their favorite sword and sorcery films (McBride could not stop talking about how he wanted to make the minotaur's cock and balls massive. Amen, brother.) But they also said that this film would pay tribute to films like KRULL that broach science fiction on top of fantasy. Dear god, yes! So who the hell knows exactly what YOUR HIGHNESS is going to be, other than awesome.
I'm pleased to announce that I have 50 seats for an early screening of YOUR HIGHNESS for Chicago-area AICN readers. The screening will take place Tuesday, April 5 at 7:00pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners). Here's how to win:
Send me an email at YourHighnessChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "GET YOUR QUEST ON!". In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (guests' names are not required), and the answer to the following question (read carefully): "What is your favorite Sword and Sorcery movie, and why?" Keep your responses BRIEF--limit it to 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). People with the most interesting and original answers win, and will hear from me over the weekend.
Please keep in mind that this is not an exclusive AICN event, and that the screening is overbooked to make sure there is a full house. It's first come, first in the door, folks. If you can't arrive at least an hour early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter.
Anyone not showing up without informing me 24 hours ahead of time so I can fill their seats runs the risk of being no longer eligible for future screening contests.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Universal Pictures for letting us have these seats.
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 30, 2011, 1:05 a.m. CST
...to include the lovely ZOOEY!!!!!!! She may only have a supporting role but everything is much improved with a daily dose of ZOOEY!!!
March 30, 2011, 1:38 a.m. CST
March 30, 2011, 1:45 a.m. CST
Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father.Prepare to die cocksucker!
March 30, 2011, 3:19 a.m. CST
Read the Empire review for YOUR HIGHNESS, said it was very hit/miss... Only got 2 stars out of 5.
March 30, 2011, 4:12 a.m. CST
March 30, 2011, 6:05 a.m. CST
by Anna Valerious
Seriously, I'm DYING to see this film. Yet I have a crap job that is quite inflexible, so I can't enter. :( Oh, did I mention I cosplay and I just finished a Leezar one? http://tinyurl.com/4bm9rf4 (And yes, that's a reference to "Labyrinth"...only I'd imagine Leezar would just try to get the girl drunk...)
March 30, 2011, 6:37 a.m. CST
Caroline Davis is her body double in the movie and not used in that scene.
March 30, 2011, 7:33 a.m. CST
You've come a long way since George Washington, with each movie getting progressively worse, until you're looking at some drunken, one-note comedy guy giggling about minotaurian genitalia at an afterparty and thinking "WHAT A GREAT FUCKING IDEA."
March 30, 2011, 8:07 a.m. CST
I think you excluded Zooey just to incite a riot.
March 31, 2011, 7:53 a.m. CST
It was D&D on crack
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 166 total posts 162 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 84 total posts 84 posts
- See Luke Evans' Kinect Bats In This New DRACULA UNTOLD Trailer!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- This New Trailer For MONSTERS: DARK CONTINENT Is Looking Promising!! -- 34 total posts 34 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 431 total posts 18 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 730 total posts 16 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts