The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day remembers Elizabeth Taylor
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
We deviate from our planned pic, which we’ll get to tomorrow, in order to give a little tribute to the recently departed Ms. Elizabeth Taylor.
I have a few pictures of her films in the file, but this one in particular jumped out to me. From the smirk on Spencer Tracy’s face to her genuine smile it’s the kind of photo that makes me wish I was there when it was taken; that I know the context of the moment.
Now, I’m not sure if this is from Father of the Bride or the sequel, Father’s Little Dividend, but either way it’s a great shot.
I’d also like to take this moment to recommend one of my favorite Elizabeth Taylor performances: Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolfe? It’s one of the most heart-wrenching hilarious fucked up dramas ever put to screen, featuring an exceptionally honest performance from Ms. Taylor as she feuds with her real life husband Richard Burton. She wasn’t afraid to come across as disheveled, unglamorous at a period in her career where a less secure actress would have shied away from her age. It’s an amazing film and quite a brilliant performance.
Tonight my thoughts will be with Ms. Taylors friends, family and fans.
Tomorrow the Behind the Scenes Pic returns to our regularly scheduled program. Tomorrow we return to ‘Nam!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 24, 2011, 2:55 a.m. CST
She was beautiful. It seems the last of Hollywood's Golden Age is gone.
March 24, 2011, 3:17 a.m. CST
by The Dreaded Rear Admiral
She was a genuine beauty. I prefer to remember her this way instead of the bloated tabloid selling monstrosity she became in the 70s and 80s. I wil miss her.
March 24, 2011, 4:23 a.m. CST
She was beautiful
March 24, 2011, 6:44 a.m. CST
And Liz Taylor had bit it at 30 we would have looked at Liz as the ultimate sex symbol. What drag it is to get old
March 24, 2011, 7:52 a.m. CST
I think I would put down the cup were I balls deep.
March 24, 2011, 7:55 a.m. CST
by Grammaton Cleric Binks
I refrained from putting anything in the obit because Beak will ban you for anything. Bottom line is regardless of how successful they were money can't buy class. Tracey wouldn't divorce his wife because he was Catholic, but cheating on your wife for decades oh that's okay. Debbie Reynolds should have beaten the hell out of this family wrecking whore.
March 24, 2011, 7:57 a.m. CST
If someone as fine as her in her prime was on my lap I'd be grinning too. Just saying....
March 24, 2011, 9:13 a.m. CST
Absolutely, I always thought Taylor was way hotter than Monroe. Watched Cat on a Hot Tin Roof last night, and all I could keep thinking was how badly I wanted to plow Maggie the Cat...
March 24, 2011, 10:37 a.m. CST
March 24, 2011, 10:49 a.m. CST
But not sexy for some reason (at least to me). It’s hard to put my finger on it but something about her very early on projected an “older” beauty (similar to Anne Bancroft in that regard). A good actress though, and she did a lot for AIDS awareness. I find this mostly interesting because she’s one of the last of the Hollywood old guard – definitely the end of an era.
March 24, 2011, 11:02 a.m. CST
You were a woman of class, a true legendary movie star ! And a great talent in your field and a humanitarian. You will be missed. I for one will be watching as much as I can of her work this weekend !
March 24, 2011, 3:32 p.m. CST
We had all of this the last time we lost another beautiful movie actress in the form of Jane Russell, people talking about how they wanted to 'plow' her, and I'm seeing the same comments here today. I'm no prude, but there's a time and a place for such comments, and it isn't on an obit talkback. You idiots should be ashamed of yourselves, although I'd be more inclined to blame your parents for not raising you to be more respectable human beings. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and type anything you want. Sure, it's clichéd to say that, but it's so true. And Quint, you seem to be a cool bloke, so how about you start enforcing these obit talkbacks a little better? It doesn't reflect well on you ignoring such things. RIP Ms Taylor, you were a truly great actress for many years and a classy lady.
March 24, 2011, 4 p.m. CST
"Woolf", not "Woolfe". But you are correct in that it's a great performance and film.
March 24, 2011, 10:45 p.m. CST
by frank cotton
March 25, 2011, 6:24 a.m. CST
you utter prick
March 25, 2011, 9:42 a.m. CST
by Grammaton Cleric Binks
and your kids.
March 25, 2011, 3:35 p.m. CST
Disrespecting t he deceased is in bad taste but equally bad in my opinion is the tendency to make them bloody saints. She was a decent actress, I never once found her remotely sexy in any of her films...she was just classicly good looking. RIP Lizzy
March 27, 2011, 12:49 p.m. CST
by Dark Doom
THE ONLY ACTRESS WHO COULD OUT ACT MONTY...
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 479 total posts 198 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 299 total posts 149 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 328 total posts 82 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 255 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 223 total posts 33 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 590 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 208 total posts 15 posts