AICN has your first look at some stills for SXSW/Fantastic Fest animated midnighter JEZ JERZY!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with a little look at one of the upcoming SXSW flicks called JEZ JERZY, premiering in one of the SXFantastic Midnight slots, which are programmed by Tim League and his merry band of Fantastic Fest programmers, of which I have, from time to time, thrown in with.
I haven't seen this one, but if it's in the festival it got Tim League's stamp of approval... which usually means you can expect something fucking weird and awesome.
And this movie already looks like both... It's an animated Polish film about a drunken Hedgehog who likes to skateboard and play with boobs, according to the official synopsis. For you South By attendees, the film is an international premiere hitting 3/14.
The immediate comparison is, obviously, Fritz the Cat. I'm a big fan of adult animation be it Heavy Metal or Shame of the Jungle or anything by Ralph Bakshi, so I'm looking forward to this one.
I have a selection of four SFW stills from the flick to debut here today, so let's take a look! Click any of them for the bigger version!
Gonna be a crazy South By this year. For more info on the Fantastic Fest South By titles visit their site! I won't say much, but if you're going make sure to see Kill List. Be prepared to be inundated coverage of really weird movies, folks!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 28, 2011, 1:39 p.m. CST
...and you are talking about Ron Jeremy. There is only one "Hedgehog." The rest are just hedgehogs. Have some respect, man.
Feb. 28, 2011, 1:51 p.m. CST
by The Reluctant Austinite
Jeremy IS Jez Jersy. Say that five times fast.
Feb. 28, 2011, 1:59 p.m. CST
...it would have been called "Jizz Jersey."
Feb. 28, 2011, 2:49 p.m. CST
This should be simpler for English speaking readers. BTW, it's a hit cult comic series here in Poland and Quint's reference to Bakshi's "Fritz the Cat" seems to be adequate.
March 1, 2011, 3:21 a.m. CST
input this URL: ( http://www.chic-goods.com/ ) you can find many cheap and high stuff (jor dan shoes) (NBA NFL NHL MLB jersey) ( lv handbag) (cha nel wallet) (D&G sunglasses) (ed har dy jacket) (UGG boot) WE ACCEPT PYAPAL PAYMENT YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!! ===== http://www.chic-goods.com/ ===== ===== http://www.chic-goods.com/ =====
March 1, 2011, 6:58 a.m. CST
But thanks for the stills, you guys are always on the fucking ball. Hey, did you hear their making a third Batman? Or is that still just a rumor at this point?
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 79 total posts 79 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 202 total posts 73 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 297 total posts 44 posts
- TERMINATOR: GENESIS to be a sequel, reboot, and prequel all at the same time!?! -- 489 total posts 35 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 34 total posts 34 posts
- Nordling's Day One Of SXSW 2014 - THE DESERT And PREMATURE! -- 26 total posts 19 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 43 total posts 15 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 68 total posts 14 posts