The poster for James Wan's INSIDIOUS has hit!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Of the many great looking films playing South By Southwest (which, God help me, starts in less than two weeks) this year one of the tops on my Must See list is James Wan's INSIDIOUS.
The film played Toronto and the word I've heard from some trusted associates who know my tastes backwards and forwards is that I'm gonna feel like Wan made this movie for me.
I keep hearing comparisons to Poltergeist, which is one of the most influential movies of my childhood. Can it live up to such hype? I can't tell ya' until I see it, but I can say that I'm buzzed for it.
Today the poster was released. Doesn't say much about the flick except there's a creepy kid covered in shadow. Poster's fine, if unremarkable. The movie is what counts and hopefully that one delivers!
In the meantime, here's the poster.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:06 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:16 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:20 p.m. CST
or whatever that meme was.
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:21 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:21 p.m. CST
by Lukes Lost Hand
Damien got a Justin Bieber 'do and is gonna fuck some shit UP!
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:23 p.m. CST
by Spandau Belly
I mean, look at how high that hair is and guess how long his head must be.
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:27 p.m. CST
The movie could be good, but whomever is controlling the marketing for it need to either actually try the next time, or just go back to designing posters for the local pool haul. This is just boring and derivative looking and makes me not want to pay money to see it.
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:37 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:43 p.m. CST
An INSIDIOUS evil midget named SID. And he's INSIDe the house.
Feb. 28, 2011, 1 p.m. CST
and that they didn't use make up to make him look older?
Feb. 28, 2011, 1:15 p.m. CST
by The Reluctant Austinite
Wow. The trailer for this looks like a scene-for-scene remake of "Polergeist" except without the cool 80s ILM special effects. It's "Poltergeist" for the "Paranormal Activity" generation. Period.
Feb. 28, 2011, 1:33 p.m. CST
by Yotz Von Frelnik
I think they did sculpt this kid to resemble Beiber on purpose.
Feb. 28, 2011, 1:35 p.m. CST
...before he doesn't get to make any more?
Feb. 28, 2011, 1:40 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 2:21 p.m. CST
....Good movie, bad poster.
Feb. 28, 2011, 2:29 p.m. CST
Is this where Bieber does his "Rockin the Suburbs" cover?
Feb. 28, 2011, 3 p.m. CST
If for once you want to see a creepy kid movie that actually works, I'd recommend it. That kid sells sociopath so well it's uncanny.
Feb. 28, 2011, 3:23 p.m. CST
cuz it sure as shit isn't anywhere to be found in that poster. The only thing terrifying about it is its sheer mediocrity and boringness.
Feb. 28, 2011, 5:03 p.m. CST
And just look at the bottom left. PG-13. I've seen the trailer and it looks like just another American horror film filled with nothing but jump scares. It might as well be made by Sony.
Feb. 28, 2011, 5:04 p.m. CST
Is the boy Latino?
Feb. 28, 2011, 6:24 p.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
Feb. 28, 2011, 7:24 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 7:25 p.m. CST
About as many as M. Night!! Now THAT is scary!!!
Feb. 28, 2011, 10:24 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 10:27 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 11:57 p.m. CST
Attack of the black hole kid
March 1, 2011, 2:42 a.m. CST
that's what's in his eye.
March 1, 2011, 3:22 a.m. CST
input this URL: ( http://www.chic-goods.com/ ) you can find many cheap and high stuff (jor dan shoes) (NBA NFL NHL MLB jersey) ( lv handbag) (cha nel wallet) (D&G sunglasses) (ed har dy jacket) (UGG boot) WE ACCEPT PYAPAL PAYMENT YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!! ===== http://www.chic-goods.com/ ===== ===== http://www.chic-goods.com/ =====
March 3, 2011, 9:55 a.m. CST
...kills it. Thats where Poltergiest screwed up, by casting a bad acting little person in the role of the paranormal. Lin Shaye is an amazing actress and elevates the role of the cliche clairvoyant in this horror masterpiece.
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 29 total posts 27 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 39 total posts 13 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 155 total posts 13 posts
- Are You Primed For Optimus’ TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster?? -- 156 total posts 11 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 35 total posts 10 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 541 total posts 9 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 112 total posts 8 posts
- SNOWPIERCER finally gets a U.S. release date in its full, un-Weinstened glory! -- 24 total posts 7 posts
- Behold DIVERGENT’s Nifty New IMAX Poster!! -- 64 total posts 7 posts
- New PARKS, PARENTHOOD, PORTLANDIA, COMMUNITY, ELEMENTARY, HALF, CRAZY, MILLERS, VIKINGS, VAMPIRE, REIGN, GREY’S, SCANDAL, NERDS, IDOL, RAKE, BOO BOO, SEAGAL!! The Returns Of SUITS & WONDERLAND!! Bob Mould On LETTERMAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 7 posts