The poster for James Wan's INSIDIOUS has hit!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Of the many great looking films playing South By Southwest (which, God help me, starts in less than two weeks) this year one of the tops on my Must See list is James Wan's INSIDIOUS.
The film played Toronto and the word I've heard from some trusted associates who know my tastes backwards and forwards is that I'm gonna feel like Wan made this movie for me.
I keep hearing comparisons to Poltergeist, which is one of the most influential movies of my childhood. Can it live up to such hype? I can't tell ya' until I see it, but I can say that I'm buzzed for it.
Today the poster was released. Doesn't say much about the flick except there's a creepy kid covered in shadow. Poster's fine, if unremarkable. The movie is what counts and hopefully that one delivers!
In the meantime, here's the poster.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:06 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:16 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:20 p.m. CST
or whatever that meme was.
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:21 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:21 p.m. CST
by Lukes Lost Hand
Damien got a Justin Bieber 'do and is gonna fuck some shit UP!
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:23 p.m. CST
by Spandau Belly
I mean, look at how high that hair is and guess how long his head must be.
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:27 p.m. CST
The movie could be good, but whomever is controlling the marketing for it need to either actually try the next time, or just go back to designing posters for the local pool haul. This is just boring and derivative looking and makes me not want to pay money to see it.
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:37 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:43 p.m. CST
An INSIDIOUS evil midget named SID. And he's INSIDe the house.
Feb. 28, 2011, 1 p.m. CST
and that they didn't use make up to make him look older?
Feb. 28, 2011, 1:15 p.m. CST
by The Reluctant Austinite
Wow. The trailer for this looks like a scene-for-scene remake of "Polergeist" except without the cool 80s ILM special effects. It's "Poltergeist" for the "Paranormal Activity" generation. Period.
Feb. 28, 2011, 1:33 p.m. CST
by Yotz Von Frelnik
I think they did sculpt this kid to resemble Beiber on purpose.
Feb. 28, 2011, 1:35 p.m. CST
...before he doesn't get to make any more?
Feb. 28, 2011, 1:40 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 2:21 p.m. CST
....Good movie, bad poster.
Feb. 28, 2011, 2:29 p.m. CST
Is this where Bieber does his "Rockin the Suburbs" cover?
Feb. 28, 2011, 3 p.m. CST
If for once you want to see a creepy kid movie that actually works, I'd recommend it. That kid sells sociopath so well it's uncanny.
Feb. 28, 2011, 3:23 p.m. CST
cuz it sure as shit isn't anywhere to be found in that poster. The only thing terrifying about it is its sheer mediocrity and boringness.
Feb. 28, 2011, 5:03 p.m. CST
And just look at the bottom left. PG-13. I've seen the trailer and it looks like just another American horror film filled with nothing but jump scares. It might as well be made by Sony.
Feb. 28, 2011, 5:04 p.m. CST
Is the boy Latino?
Feb. 28, 2011, 6:24 p.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
Feb. 28, 2011, 7:24 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 7:25 p.m. CST
About as many as M. Night!! Now THAT is scary!!!
Feb. 28, 2011, 10:24 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 10:27 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 11:57 p.m. CST
Attack of the black hole kid
March 1, 2011, 2:42 a.m. CST
that's what's in his eye.
March 1, 2011, 3:22 a.m. CST
input this URL: ( http://www.chic-goods.com/ ) you can find many cheap and high stuff (jor dan shoes) (NBA NFL NHL MLB jersey) ( lv handbag) (cha nel wallet) (D&G sunglasses) (ed har dy jacket) (UGG boot) WE ACCEPT PYAPAL PAYMENT YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!! ===== http://www.chic-goods.com/ ===== ===== http://www.chic-goods.com/ =====
March 3, 2011, 9:55 a.m. CST
...kills it. Thats where Poltergiest screwed up, by casting a bad acting little person in the role of the paranormal. Lin Shaye is an amazing actress and elevates the role of the cliche clairvoyant in this horror masterpiece.
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 229 total posts 219 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 138 total posts 32 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 72 total posts 20 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 45 total posts 19 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 234 total posts 12 posts
- David Fincher wants more money to do his JOBS! -- 177 total posts 12 posts
- MAGIC MIKE XXL gets a release date! -- 21 total posts 9 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 24 total posts 8 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 110 total posts 7 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 65 total posts 6 posts