The poster for James Wan's INSIDIOUS has hit!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Of the many great looking films playing South By Southwest (which, God help me, starts in less than two weeks) this year one of the tops on my Must See list is James Wan's INSIDIOUS.
The film played Toronto and the word I've heard from some trusted associates who know my tastes backwards and forwards is that I'm gonna feel like Wan made this movie for me.
I keep hearing comparisons to Poltergeist, which is one of the most influential movies of my childhood. Can it live up to such hype? I can't tell ya' until I see it, but I can say that I'm buzzed for it.
Today the poster was released. Doesn't say much about the flick except there's a creepy kid covered in shadow. Poster's fine, if unremarkable. The movie is what counts and hopefully that one delivers!
In the meantime, here's the poster.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:06 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:16 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:20 p.m. CST
or whatever that meme was.
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:21 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:21 p.m. CST
by Lukes Lost Hand
Damien got a Justin Bieber 'do and is gonna fuck some shit UP!
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:23 p.m. CST
by Spandau Belly
I mean, look at how high that hair is and guess how long his head must be.
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:27 p.m. CST
The movie could be good, but whomever is controlling the marketing for it need to either actually try the next time, or just go back to designing posters for the local pool haul. This is just boring and derivative looking and makes me not want to pay money to see it.
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:37 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:43 p.m. CST
An INSIDIOUS evil midget named SID. And he's INSIDe the house.
Feb. 28, 2011, 1 p.m. CST
and that they didn't use make up to make him look older?
Feb. 28, 2011, 1:15 p.m. CST
by The Reluctant Austinite
Wow. The trailer for this looks like a scene-for-scene remake of "Polergeist" except without the cool 80s ILM special effects. It's "Poltergeist" for the "Paranormal Activity" generation. Period.
Feb. 28, 2011, 1:33 p.m. CST
by Yotz Von Frelnik
I think they did sculpt this kid to resemble Beiber on purpose.
Feb. 28, 2011, 1:35 p.m. CST
...before he doesn't get to make any more?
Feb. 28, 2011, 1:40 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 2:21 p.m. CST
....Good movie, bad poster.
Feb. 28, 2011, 2:29 p.m. CST
Is this where Bieber does his "Rockin the Suburbs" cover?
Feb. 28, 2011, 3 p.m. CST
If for once you want to see a creepy kid movie that actually works, I'd recommend it. That kid sells sociopath so well it's uncanny.
Feb. 28, 2011, 3:23 p.m. CST
cuz it sure as shit isn't anywhere to be found in that poster. The only thing terrifying about it is its sheer mediocrity and boringness.
Feb. 28, 2011, 5:03 p.m. CST
And just look at the bottom left. PG-13. I've seen the trailer and it looks like just another American horror film filled with nothing but jump scares. It might as well be made by Sony.
Feb. 28, 2011, 5:04 p.m. CST
Is the boy Latino?
Feb. 28, 2011, 6:24 p.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
Feb. 28, 2011, 7:24 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 7:25 p.m. CST
About as many as M. Night!! Now THAT is scary!!!
Feb. 28, 2011, 10:24 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 10:27 p.m. CST
Feb. 28, 2011, 11:57 p.m. CST
Attack of the black hole kid
March 1, 2011, 2:42 a.m. CST
that's what's in his eye.
March 1, 2011, 3:22 a.m. CST
input this URL: ( http://www.chic-goods.com/ ) you can find many cheap and high stuff (jor dan shoes) (NBA NFL NHL MLB jersey) ( lv handbag) (cha nel wallet) (D&G sunglasses) (ed har dy jacket) (UGG boot) WE ACCEPT PYAPAL PAYMENT YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!! ===== http://www.chic-goods.com/ ===== ===== http://www.chic-goods.com/ =====
March 3, 2011, 9:55 a.m. CST
...kills it. Thats where Poltergiest screwed up, by casting a bad acting little person in the role of the paranormal. Lin Shaye is an amazing actress and elevates the role of the cliche clairvoyant in this horror masterpiece.
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The LEFTOVERS Finale And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS, STAR TREK, SNL, NFL, HBO & Tivo News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 378 total posts 367 posts
- 2nd Sept 2014 PICKS & PEEKS Column: CAP 2, Pumpkinhead, Toho, Addams, Star Trek, Slashers, Comedy & Action+ -- 1515 total posts 343 posts
- ‘Listen’!! Reader Reaction To DOCTOR WHO S08E04 Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk Reviews The ‘Zygon Hunt’ Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 410 total posts 122 posts
- Morgan Freeman Joins the Cast of BEN-HUR! -- 220 total posts 70 posts
- Kelvington Says Tonight’s DOCTOR WHO Is A Perfect Episode – Were It Not For The Episode’s Foreshadowing!! -- 117 total posts 63 posts
- Drone Videos Reveal Expanse Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII Set!! + More Falcon / X-Wing Shots!! -- 429 total posts 37 posts
‘Why Must It Always
Hercules Loves The Return Of Nelson Van Alden In Tonight’s BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! -- 22 total posts 22 posts
- Hercules Says Syfy’s New Zombie Series Z NATION Is Even Worse Than THE WALKING DEAD’s Farm Episodes!! -- 166 total posts 17 posts
- The Jurors Return To The BIG BROTHER House!! PBS’ ROOSEVELTS Premiere!! New STRAIN, MANHATTAN, SEX, NAKED & RAY!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- Capone talks finding comedy within tragedy with THE SKELETON TWINS' director/co-writer Craig Johnson!!! -- 7 total posts 6 posts