Alamo Drafthouse's Zack Carlson and TROLL 2/BEST WORST MOVIE's Michael Stephenson To Make Sweet Sweet Movie Together!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 16, 2011, 4:46 p.m. CST
Best Worst Rocked...Can't wait for this!
Feb. 16, 2011, 4:54 p.m. CST
And "Troll 2" does look like a contender for the greatest horror movie fail of all time, based on what's seen in the doc. "Destroy" does sound pretty funny, in a very dark way.
Feb. 16, 2011, 7:35 p.m. CST
Feb. 16, 2011, 8:06 p.m. CST
Feb. 17, 2011, 8:48 a.m. CST
Never saw it. Find it really hard to believe it could be as bad but consistently as entertaining as "The Room". There are other good-bad movies such as Dolph Lundgren's "Blackjack", but it has big dead spots between its moments of awful genius. I guess I'm asking if "Troll 2" is consistent?
Feb. 17, 2011, 9:38 a.m. CST
by Tommy Fang
The Room & Troll 2 are definitely terrible movies but different beasts. Personally, I found the Room more entertaining throughout. Troll 2 has its awesome wtf moments, but there are boring periods in between the awesome. It would definitely fit the classic mockworthy bad movie, and would probably appeal more to a Horror/SF crowd than the Room because of its schlocky practical make-up and special fx. But The Room for me was such an insane anomoly of a movie, and for some reason Tommy Wiseau as an on screen presence automatically made me laugh when ever he opened his mouth and spoke.
Feb. 17, 2011, 9:58 a.m. CST
That thoroughly answered my question. And I agree, The Room is an anomaly. I always argue that the number one crime a filmmaker can commit is to bore their audience. But I'm not bored watching The Room. It's bad, but I won't sit out one scene to make a sandwich or use the bathroom. It's too good. In fact, it's hypnotic.
Feb. 17, 2011, 11:18 a.m. CST
by The Reluctant Austinite
He talks the talk and walks the walk. He's a true film fan who lives and breathes for this stuff. Even though we aren't friends, I've run into him enough times at Alamo events to have a great respect for him. I was at a documentary screening and in one scene some magazines covers revealed an obscure stop motion creature that I had wondered about since seeing pictures of it in Famous Monsters as a kid. At the Q & A I asked the director about it and he kind of acted like I was crazy. He didn't know what the Hell I was talking about. I was kind of embarassed for having asked the question. Then after the screening, Zach comes running up to me and says, "Stay right here for a minute. I want to show you something." He runs up to his office and immediately comes back with a couple of magazines about the character I had asked about. The character is named GROG and the guy who created him is John Dods. There are likely two or maybe three people in the world that would know this crap! Zach is one of them. It almost feels like we're brothers of worthless cult film knowledge in some alternate universe. We both got our start working in crappy movie theaters and video stores. We both sacrificed a geniune chance at a normal life for our love of movies. I'm happy he's getting a chance to work in the biz on a project that won't be a sell out. I look forward to it.
- Evangeline Lilly Instagrams Her ANT-MAN Look!! -- 245 total posts 245 posts
- So, What Is This BATMAN v SUPERMAN Prop Newspaper Showing Us?? [MILD SPOILER] -- 159 total posts 159 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 278 total posts 145 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 138 total posts 131 posts
- Shane Black to bring Remo Williams back to the big screen in THE DESTROYER! -- 126 total posts 126 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 326 total posts 88 posts
- Harry Potter spinoff FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM to be directed by someone...who's directed Harry Potter movies! -- 85 total posts 85 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 125 total posts 81 posts
- Creepy Dolls and Satanic Cults! Full ANNABELLE Trailer is Here! -- 73 total posts 73 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 420 total posts 69 posts