The team behind A Horrible Way To Die rejoin for home invasion thriller YOU'RE NEXT!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I'm happy to see some buddies making news today. Keith Calder was a longtime AICN chat lurker turned producer and has made some really good independent films and documentaries in recent years, including All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, which launched Amber Heard, and the great feel-good doc Thunder Soul with his partner in crime Jessica Wu.
They're both incredibly smart and caring people and it's been a real pleasure getting to know him over the last few years. I'll forgive them for not letting me know they were about to work with the guys who put together the "oh my God, how is this good?" mumblecore horror movie A HORRIBLE WAY TO DIE, including another buddy of mine Mr. AJ Bowen... And in a home invasion story to boot (so says THR).
I've been waiting for Bowen to break out since seeing him The Signal and he finally started getting much deserved attention for his killer (yuk-yuk-yuk) role in Horrible Way to Die, winning fest awards and lauds from critics.
You're Next is from a script by Simon Barrett and will be directed by HORRIBLE's Adam Wingard, starring the trio from AHWTD AJ Bowen, Joe Swanberg and Amy Seimetz.
It's a favorite subgenre with some of my favorite indie people. I can't wait to see what these guys churn out.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 11, 2011, 3:43 p.m. CST
Feb. 11, 2011, 3:44 p.m. CST
Feb. 11, 2011, 4:42 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Feb. 11, 2011, 4:47 p.m. CST
Feb. 11, 2011, 5:11 p.m. CST
Has that damn film found a distributor yet? Been hearing all about this for what seems like years...
Feb. 11, 2011, 6:53 p.m. CST
Fuck this movie. I cannot believe the internet film community has embraced this sad ass, horribly predictable and lame as fucking hell movie with both arms. Amber Heard isn't worth sinking this low, fellas. For fuck's sake. Please stop talking about this movie like it's worth releasing. It's not. It's a rancid sack of shit.
Feb. 11, 2011, 8:15 p.m. CST
You're not that funny.
Feb. 12, 2011, 6:41 a.m. CST
was I belive a weinstein film though i could be wrong.
Feb. 12, 2011, 11:27 a.m. CST
I was actually excited to see this movie, expecting good things - I got a pile of shit that Platinum Dunes wouldn't like. Well, maybe they'll be better at home invasions.
Feb. 13, 2011, 11:26 p.m. CST
by frank cotton
'cause that was some fucked up shit, even for a nine year old
Feb. 14, 2011, 10:33 a.m. CST
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 168 total posts 158 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 135 total posts 29 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 70 total posts 18 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 38 total posts 12 posts
- David Fincher wants more money to do his JOBS! -- 176 total posts 11 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 64 total posts 5 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 108 total posts 5 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 227 total posts 5 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 20 total posts 4 posts
- Wanna see some location video from the filming of Guillermo del Toro's CRIMSON PEAK? -- 14 total posts 3 posts