The team behind A Horrible Way To Die rejoin for home invasion thriller YOU'RE NEXT!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I'm happy to see some buddies making news today. Keith Calder was a longtime AICN chat lurker turned producer and has made some really good independent films and documentaries in recent years, including All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, which launched Amber Heard, and the great feel-good doc Thunder Soul with his partner in crime Jessica Wu.
They're both incredibly smart and caring people and it's been a real pleasure getting to know him over the last few years. I'll forgive them for not letting me know they were about to work with the guys who put together the "oh my God, how is this good?" mumblecore horror movie A HORRIBLE WAY TO DIE, including another buddy of mine Mr. AJ Bowen... And in a home invasion story to boot (so says THR).
I've been waiting for Bowen to break out since seeing him The Signal and he finally started getting much deserved attention for his killer (yuk-yuk-yuk) role in Horrible Way to Die, winning fest awards and lauds from critics.
You're Next is from a script by Simon Barrett and will be directed by HORRIBLE's Adam Wingard, starring the trio from AHWTD AJ Bowen, Joe Swanberg and Amy Seimetz.
It's a favorite subgenre with some of my favorite indie people. I can't wait to see what these guys churn out.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 11, 2011, 3:43 p.m. CST
Feb. 11, 2011, 3:44 p.m. CST
Feb. 11, 2011, 4:42 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Feb. 11, 2011, 4:47 p.m. CST
Feb. 11, 2011, 5:11 p.m. CST
Has that damn film found a distributor yet? Been hearing all about this for what seems like years...
Feb. 11, 2011, 6:53 p.m. CST
Fuck this movie. I cannot believe the internet film community has embraced this sad ass, horribly predictable and lame as fucking hell movie with both arms. Amber Heard isn't worth sinking this low, fellas. For fuck's sake. Please stop talking about this movie like it's worth releasing. It's not. It's a rancid sack of shit.
Feb. 11, 2011, 8:15 p.m. CST
You're not that funny.
Feb. 12, 2011, 6:41 a.m. CST
was I belive a weinstein film though i could be wrong.
Feb. 12, 2011, 11:27 a.m. CST
I was actually excited to see this movie, expecting good things - I got a pile of shit that Platinum Dunes wouldn't like. Well, maybe they'll be better at home invasions.
Feb. 13, 2011, 11:26 p.m. CST
by frank cotton
'cause that was some fucked up shit, even for a nine year old
Feb. 14, 2011, 10:33 a.m. CST
- Cyborg is confirmed to appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, and we know who's going to play him! -- 224 total posts 224 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 216 total posts 216 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 129 total posts 129 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 462 total posts 125 posts
- UPDATED (17:15) with image of the cast in character! Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 90 total posts 90 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 179 total posts 49 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 75 total posts 46 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 54 total posts 46 posts
- Amanda Seyfried to fly with PAN! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 44 total posts 35 posts