The team behind A Horrible Way To Die rejoin for home invasion thriller YOU'RE NEXT!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I'm happy to see some buddies making news today. Keith Calder was a longtime AICN chat lurker turned producer and has made some really good independent films and documentaries in recent years, including All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, which launched Amber Heard, and the great feel-good doc Thunder Soul with his partner in crime Jessica Wu.
They're both incredibly smart and caring people and it's been a real pleasure getting to know him over the last few years. I'll forgive them for not letting me know they were about to work with the guys who put together the "oh my God, how is this good?" mumblecore horror movie A HORRIBLE WAY TO DIE, including another buddy of mine Mr. AJ Bowen... And in a home invasion story to boot (so says THR).
I've been waiting for Bowen to break out since seeing him The Signal and he finally started getting much deserved attention for his killer (yuk-yuk-yuk) role in Horrible Way to Die, winning fest awards and lauds from critics.
You're Next is from a script by Simon Barrett and will be directed by HORRIBLE's Adam Wingard, starring the trio from AHWTD AJ Bowen, Joe Swanberg and Amy Seimetz.
It's a favorite subgenre with some of my favorite indie people. I can't wait to see what these guys churn out.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 11, 2011, 3:43 p.m. CST
Feb. 11, 2011, 3:44 p.m. CST
Feb. 11, 2011, 4:42 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Feb. 11, 2011, 4:47 p.m. CST
Feb. 11, 2011, 5:11 p.m. CST
Has that damn film found a distributor yet? Been hearing all about this for what seems like years...
Feb. 11, 2011, 6:53 p.m. CST
Fuck this movie. I cannot believe the internet film community has embraced this sad ass, horribly predictable and lame as fucking hell movie with both arms. Amber Heard isn't worth sinking this low, fellas. For fuck's sake. Please stop talking about this movie like it's worth releasing. It's not. It's a rancid sack of shit.
Feb. 11, 2011, 8:15 p.m. CST
You're not that funny.
Feb. 12, 2011, 6:41 a.m. CST
was I belive a weinstein film though i could be wrong.
Feb. 12, 2011, 11:27 a.m. CST
I was actually excited to see this movie, expecting good things - I got a pile of shit that Platinum Dunes wouldn't like. Well, maybe they'll be better at home invasions.
Feb. 13, 2011, 11:26 p.m. CST
by frank cotton
'cause that was some fucked up shit, even for a nine year old
Feb. 14, 2011, 10:33 a.m. CST
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 330 total posts 154 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 127 total posts 127 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 119 total posts 75 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 134 total posts 68 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 733 total posts 61 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 190 total posts 40 posts
- Sandler, Piss, Barf, And Hayek Grace The New GROWN UPS 2 Trailer!! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Kristin Scott Thomas Chews Up Ryan Gosling's Girlfriend In A Very Nasty Clip From ONLY GOD FORGIVES! -- 73 total posts 31 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 79 total posts 30 posts
Returns To 24!! -- 36 total posts 28 posts