The team behind A Horrible Way To Die rejoin for home invasion thriller YOU'RE NEXT!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I'm happy to see some buddies making news today. Keith Calder was a longtime AICN chat lurker turned producer and has made some really good independent films and documentaries in recent years, including All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, which launched Amber Heard, and the great feel-good doc Thunder Soul with his partner in crime Jessica Wu.
They're both incredibly smart and caring people and it's been a real pleasure getting to know him over the last few years. I'll forgive them for not letting me know they were about to work with the guys who put together the "oh my God, how is this good?" mumblecore horror movie A HORRIBLE WAY TO DIE, including another buddy of mine Mr. AJ Bowen... And in a home invasion story to boot (so says THR).
I've been waiting for Bowen to break out since seeing him The Signal and he finally started getting much deserved attention for his killer (yuk-yuk-yuk) role in Horrible Way to Die, winning fest awards and lauds from critics.
You're Next is from a script by Simon Barrett and will be directed by HORRIBLE's Adam Wingard, starring the trio from AHWTD AJ Bowen, Joe Swanberg and Amy Seimetz.
It's a favorite subgenre with some of my favorite indie people. I can't wait to see what these guys churn out.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 11, 2011, 3:43 p.m. CST
Feb. 11, 2011, 3:44 p.m. CST
Feb. 11, 2011, 4:42 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Feb. 11, 2011, 4:47 p.m. CST
Feb. 11, 2011, 5:11 p.m. CST
Has that damn film found a distributor yet? Been hearing all about this for what seems like years...
Feb. 11, 2011, 6:53 p.m. CST
Fuck this movie. I cannot believe the internet film community has embraced this sad ass, horribly predictable and lame as fucking hell movie with both arms. Amber Heard isn't worth sinking this low, fellas. For fuck's sake. Please stop talking about this movie like it's worth releasing. It's not. It's a rancid sack of shit.
Feb. 11, 2011, 8:15 p.m. CST
You're not that funny.
Feb. 12, 2011, 6:41 a.m. CST
was I belive a weinstein film though i could be wrong.
Feb. 12, 2011, 11:27 a.m. CST
I was actually excited to see this movie, expecting good things - I got a pile of shit that Platinum Dunes wouldn't like. Well, maybe they'll be better at home invasions.
Feb. 13, 2011, 11:26 p.m. CST
by frank cotton
'cause that was some fucked up shit, even for a nine year old
Feb. 14, 2011, 10:33 a.m. CST
- Filed under "you're damn right it's 2014," Kevin Smith to direct Johnny Depp in YOGA HOSERS!! -- 209 total posts 19 posts
- Trailer for New Stephen King Thriller, A GOOD MARRIAGE! -- 20 total posts 12 posts
- Here’s Our First Official Image From The ANT-MAN Movie!! -- 281 total posts 9 posts
- SHERLOCK’s Benedict Cumberbatch To Play Another Khan In Warner Bros’ JUNGLE BOOK Movie!! -- 97 total posts 8 posts
- The OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN sequel, LONDON HAS FALLEN gets a director and rumored synopsis! -- 173 total posts 5 posts
- Drew McWeeny Drops By For The Latest Episode Of "Fire Talk With Me"! Blu-ray Contest Winner Announced! -- 21 total posts 4 posts
- New Images from ROSEWATER, Starring Gael Garcia Bernal! -- 26 total posts 4 posts
1918-2014 -- 34 total posts 4 posts
- Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg to Re-Team on New Film! -- 86 total posts 3 posts
- This New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS Brings A Tagging Mandalorian!! -- 100 total posts 1 post