The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day is kind of old fashioned. It likes to make it in bed, okay?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
Now that the Super Bowl has concluded and we’ve had time to bask in the glory of the high dollar TV spots (how about those Super 8, Transformers and Cap trailers, eh?) it’s time to squeak in today’s Behind the Scenes pic.
Unfortunately I don’t have a football themed pic for you, but I do have Michael Caine with a robot hand sitting on a couch with Oliver Stone, so all is forgiven, right?
Oliver Stone’s 1981 horror flick, The Hand, isn’t the best movie in the world, but Michael Caine is always worth watching. The story itself is a bit of an overlong Tales From the Crypt tale, but it’s still fascinating to see a young Oliver Stone stretching his wings with such a great star.
Tomorrow’s behind the scenes pic wants to kill the first born male child in every household!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 6, 2011, 9:12 p.m. CST
I'd like to do Oliver Stone do more horror themed stuff again one day.
Feb. 6, 2011, 9:14 p.m. CST
I was scarred for life when I saw him lose his hand. I still can't delete that mental image! I'm going to throw up now.
Feb. 6, 2011, 9:18 p.m. CST
All I can think about is Dave Thomas and that awesome SCTV parody.
Feb. 6, 2011, 9:20 p.m. CST
Feb. 6, 2011, 9:20 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Funny how this was released almost three decades after The Crawling Hand, and the special effects looked every bit as cheesy. What a turkey.
Feb. 6, 2011, 9:24 p.m. CST
by vroom socko
"... Too Jewish."
Feb. 6, 2011, 9:34 p.m. CST
taste the pain... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgHUPOlmcCI&feature=related
Feb. 6, 2011, 9:40 p.m. CST
I remember the dvd features stated the possessed hand was played by the same guy that played Thing or whatever his name was from Addams Family 90s movies. I wonder if that guy got any other work besides hand jobs (that was an accident...at first!).
Feb. 6, 2011, 10:06 p.m. CST
Started out making crap, then made a few decent flicks. Has since returned to making crap. Caine though? NEVAH!!
Feb. 6, 2011, 10:09 p.m. CST
Feb. 6, 2011, 10:46 p.m. CST
Feb. 6, 2011, 11:08 p.m. CST
by Stereotypical Evil Archer
Feb. 6, 2011, 11:47 p.m. CST
I'm Creeping Death.
Feb. 7, 2011, 1:01 a.m. CST
by The Bear
It is a little long, but this is the first movie I saw that made me realize how evil and wonderfully villanous Michael Caine can be. He just hit this part perfectly, and that scene with the camera slowly panning into his face as the lights go darker and he realizes he needs to do some killing...absolutely wonderful. Still makes the hairs on the back of my neck go up. Bravo, Mr. Caine.
Feb. 7, 2011, 2:20 a.m. CST
It was one of the movies I remember my parents watching on HBo when I was a wee lad and being told it was for grownups and I couldn't watch it. By the time I was old enough i never saw it available at any video store down here....
Feb. 7, 2011, 3:54 a.m. CST
Michael Caine's character was a comic book artist; the artwork seen on screen was actually done by Barry Windsor-Smith.
Feb. 7, 2011, 8:31 a.m. CST
I just met my real love on a a millionaire dating site Successkiss.com..and we had our first drink about 4 hours after the initial contact. We have just enough in common to get along but just enough differences to make it awesome fun! Ohhh and He is awesomely Wealthy!!!so i want to share u this nice place!!
Feb. 7, 2011, 10:33 a.m. CST
and Dave Thomas' Caine is always hilarious. My Bloody Hand, indeed. And even more obscure is a 1974 horror film Stone directed and cowrote called Seizure, starring Jonathan Frid (Dark Shadows).
Feb. 7, 2011, 12:28 p.m. CST
I love it when the hulk strength hand pops a tire by squeezing it. Best super hand attack movie for sure
Feb. 7, 2011, 12:48 p.m. CST
I saw it on HBO when it first aired. Can't really stand that looney Stone.
Feb. 7, 2011, 6:41 p.m. CST
Feb. 7, 2011, 10:21 p.m. CST
by Jeremy Davis
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 150 total posts 21 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 63 total posts 9 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 34 total posts 6 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 257 total posts 4 posts
- Michael Fassbender makes experimental music from behind a giant papier-mache head in this trailer for FRANK! -- 57 total posts 4 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 141 total posts 4 posts