The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day has always depended on the kindness of strangers.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
At first glance this might not seem like much of a behind the scenes shot, but then you’ll notice the lights above and see that the image was taken during what is either a rehearsal or a take. Either way it’s a different angle on a sequence from one of the best dramas of all time: A Streetcar Named Desire.
It’s quite an interesting image to me, featuring two of my favorite screen personalities Karl Malden and Marlon Brando at work. I’m about to run through the Elia Kazan box set and report back on every single film, including the movies I’ve seen, like this one, (and, in the instance of Panic in the Streets, one I’ve already reviewed here), so keep your eyes out for more detailed thoughts on Streetcar when I hit it then
In the mean time here’s the shot, which you can click to embiggen. Enjoy!
Tomorrow’s behind the scenes pic is a rare look behind the scenes of one of Oliver Stone’s more obscure flicks!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 5, 2011, 10:54 p.m. CST
Love Karl Malden.
Feb. 5, 2011, 10:59 p.m. CST
He was the 1 interesting human to the 1 million that enjoyed mediocrity. So with 7 billion humans, how many genuinely interesting humans are out there? I guess the rest of us just bitch on talkbacks...
Feb. 5, 2011, 11 p.m. CST
I love that.
Feb. 5, 2011, 11:10 p.m. CST
Because Blanche in the back does not look like Vivian Lee, who was in the film but not the play. I believe Jessica Tandy was, but that doesn't look like her either. Any STREETCAR buffs able to shed light? Am reading Irene Mayer Selznick's autobio right now - she discovered and produced the original on Broadway, but not to that part yet.
Feb. 6, 2011, 12:21 a.m. CST
Ratted out all his friends to McCarthy. Won't watch any of his movies. Rat.
Feb. 6, 2011, 1 a.m. CST
That is Vivien Leigh in the back. She didn't really look like herself in that movie. She looked much different than she did in Gone with the Wind.
Feb. 6, 2011, 9:49 a.m. CST
Aside from your dumbass logic of completely disregarding an artist's work because of some non-artistic issue, Kazan testified before HUAC, a house committee. McCarthy was in the Senate and had no affiliation with it. So congratulations on being a dumbass at history too.
Feb. 6, 2011, 12:37 p.m. CST
Are we getting a 'Hand' job tomorrow?
You know, I like that Karl Malden. Something about the guy.
Feb. 6, 2011, 3:10 p.m. CST
by Ricky Retardo
footage of Stalin's victims starving to death in the Soviet Union? Or being tortured and murdered in Gulags? If Kazan had "ratted out" Nazis you Leftist Mass-Murdering Marxist lovers would have cheered him. Marxists killed 100 million people in the 20th century. All in the name of "Progressive" politics.
Feb. 6, 2011, 7:42 p.m. CST
by Jeremy Davis
Why don't you post an interesting behind the scenes picture Instead of this boring piece of shit!
Feb. 6, 2011, 7:53 p.m. CST
Show that pic
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 217 total posts 13 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 26 total posts 9 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 82 total posts 6 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Eric Bana Wants to DELIVER US FROM EVIL in this New Trailer! -- 48 total posts 5 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 567 total posts 5 posts
- First clip from Jon Favreau's CHEF, premiering at SXSW! Favs vs. Twitter! -- 21 total posts 4 posts