Hear Los Lobos' Theme Song To RANGO!!
Los Lobos' "Rango" references Ennio Morricone and "Rawhide" in sound but is a 3 1/2-minute tale that envisions the once scrappy and hapless Rango as something of an American myth. Shown images of the desert-worn Rango, Hidalgo said he immediately went to a mariachi theme, although he noted Los Lobos cut multiple takes, including one with more of a surf-rock feel.
...notes THIS piece over at the LA Times. The song, much like the film I suspect, is a thing of peculiar beauty. Here's an embed for your consideration.
— follow Merrick on Twitter ! —
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 2, 2011, 8:58 a.m. CST
by doom master
Thanks Los Lobos for Spoiling!
Feb. 2, 2011, 9:23 a.m. CST
ricarleite3 has no taste. And doom master, the song only says Rango is "gone," which could, and I would say likely, mean he rides off into the sunset at the end. Totally in line with the genre.
Feb. 2, 2011, 9:43 a.m. CST
After saying Rango is gone, it then says, 'He lived as he died.' But the song probably comes after it appears Rango died - maybe during a montage of the villains controlling the town, just before Rango reappears and defeats them.
Feb. 2, 2011, 10:33 a.m. CST
...smells like a steak and seats 45
Feb. 2, 2011, 10:53 a.m. CST
I know this is the wrong tb but it's true.
Feb. 2, 2011, 11:09 a.m. CST
Really, it's just lazy. If you only know Los Lobos as the La Bamba guys (and now the Rango guys), go download an album or two. Any of them.
Feb. 2, 2011, 11:37 a.m. CST
The song fits perfectly with the movie. Have you seen the trailers? The song, both in style, how it is sung, and the lyrics, fit the trailer perfectly. It is a quirky little song for a quirky movie. Geez
Feb. 2, 2011, 11:41 a.m. CST
Yow, Los Lobos can almost do no wrong in my book -especially with their all Spanish stuff but this is a tad lame. <p>They would have done better to go instrumental with "Rango" whispered every few bars.
Feb. 2, 2011, 1:29 p.m. CST
Probably didn't even have time to listen to it. Ah, talkbackers.
Feb. 2, 2011, 3:20 p.m. CST
by Ninja Nerd
Me? I love it. I was hooked on the flick from the 1st trailer. This song just fits the goofy, quirky feel of that. I will admit the tune and lyrics also resembles a song a good friend wrote called "Zombies Of The Night". He plays a Spanish guitar lead that totally kills and we've played it live several times. So, I have some bias for odd little tunes like this!
Feb. 2, 2011, 3:35 p.m. CST
by I Max U Mini
Locksley's "The Whip" fits the ads to a tee.
Feb. 2, 2011, 4:45 p.m. CST
"Papa's Dream" and other children's oriented material. They're all proud, committed fathers with no juvenile need in their 50's and 60's to pretend that they're hell-raisers and hardasses - Like most closet-pussy heavy metal rivet heads. This song may not rock like crazy, but it's because Los Lobos didn't want to, not because they couldn't. ricarleite3 - If your taste in music is half as lame as your musical opinion, then I suggest that you just go back to your ipod and keep on groovin' to Fiddy Thent and Fall Out Boy.
Feb. 2, 2011, 4:50 p.m. CST
They wouldn't give away anything about it plot or detail-wise, but they said it was the best 3d animated flick in a long time.
Feb. 2, 2011, 4:59 p.m. CST
...of a surf-rock feel" Why? Sounds okay to me, movie looks awesome... can't wait to be disappointed!
Feb. 2, 2011, 5 p.m. CST
Feb. 2, 2011, 5:26 p.m. CST
by dr sauch
ricarleite, you're an idiot. anyone who likes this, check out the Desperado soundtrack.
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 507 total posts 10 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 332 total posts 3 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 10 total posts 2 posts