Trailer For Judd Apatow-Produced BRIDESMAIDS Debuts!
If BRIDESMAIDS is anywhere near as funny as this brand new trailer (exclusive to Apple, so no embeds!), I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up doing WEDDING CRASHERS business. We're long overdue for a female take on the ol' out-of-control bachelor party formula, and you're not going to find a more formidable collection of comedic talent than this group.
Kristen Wiig stars as a single woman who finds herself in over her head when asked to be Maid of Honor at her best friend's wedding. Not a stunningly complex or original premise, but it looks like Wiig (who wrote the screenplay with Annie Mumolo), producer Judd Apatow, and director Paul Feig have put together something special. The impressive ensemble cast includes Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Ellie Kemper (so good on THE OFFICE), Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Matt Lucas, Jon Hamm and the late, great Jill Clayburgh in her final role.
BRIDESMAIDS hits theaters on May 13th, and is now my most eagerly anticipated release for that month not titled THE TREE OF LIFE.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 1, 2011, 6:26 p.m. CST
Feb. 1, 2011, 6:28 p.m. CST
but the movie looks ok. Ill wait for a redband trailer to hit to see if this movie will be worth seeing or not. PS: I would fuck each and every single one of them Bridesmaids.
Feb. 1, 2011, 6:34 p.m. CST
She drives me crazy. Maya's up there, too, on my smoking hot funny chick scale.
Feb. 1, 2011, 6:42 p.m. CST
Fat bridesmaids are always the most desperate to hoover some CHOP.
Feb. 1, 2011, 6:52 p.m. CST
the fat one will show her titties in the movie. big floppy tittays!
Feb. 1, 2011, 6:54 p.m. CST
really funny funny funny funny movie. just some really f'd up parts and the actor from the IT crowd is in it as well. love him in anything he appears in.
Feb. 1, 2011, 7 p.m. CST
Looks like somewhere between 'MacGruber' and 'A Night at the Roxbury' and my taint. And Wiig is about as sexy as an athletic grandmother.
Feb. 1, 2011, 7:02 p.m. CST
maybe hollywood will realize you can make a movie that will attract a women audience and is also entertaining
Feb. 1, 2011, 7:04 p.m. CST
I'm pulling (for) it.
Feb. 1, 2011, 7:06 p.m. CST
probably much better than those horrible romantic comedies girlfriends try to drag us to every few months.
Feb. 1, 2011, 7:19 p.m. CST
Feb. 1, 2011, 7:21 p.m. CST
If not I'll stay home alone, download it and masturbate after (during?).
Feb. 1, 2011, 7:36 p.m. CST
and Kristen Wiig is an inverted turtle on the sexy scale.
Feb. 1, 2011, 8:01 p.m. CST
That she can't lose even SOME of the weight, but she's got a really beautiful face. And I mean this is coming from a guy even who appreciates an especially curvy girl more than surely the average male, but not THAT much. And that new fat couple show she's in, jesus, she looks like she put on even MORE weight in the time since Gilmore Girls! and for the record I don't find myself attracted to Kristen Wiig in the slightest. I think she's talented and funny, but actually kinda ugly.
Feb. 1, 2011, 9:38 p.m. CST
Way to waste a great cast. I feel sorry for anyone who buys tickets for this piffle. But congratulations, ladies! You've proven you can fall down and burp. You've come a long way, baby.
Feb. 2, 2011, 1:07 a.m. CST
by Captain Hollywood
That about sums it up.
Feb. 2, 2011, 2:57 a.m. CST
So far in the wake of him really starting to get the success and wide acclaim from Mad Men, Hamm has been mostly pretty good in the other projects he's chosen to be a part of. Now... this? He's playing the token in a bad, "edgy" (I'm sure this word will be prominently featured in the marketing materials) all-chick comedy? Actually, funny thing, now I think about it... long before he was on 1960's Madison Ave, he played the one male detective in an otherwise all female (pretty much) police precinct on the Lifetime series "THE DIVISION". I worked on that show as a PA for a couple of weeks, Hamm was cool as a cucumber, super down to earth guy.
Feb. 2, 2011, 7:24 a.m. CST
... of virtually indistinguishable, utterly forgettable, formulaic middlebrow dreck...
Feb. 2, 2011, 9:53 a.m. CST
Mr Beaks, I am still awaiting the prize that I won from The Bloom County Song Title Contest in November. You have not responded to any of the countless emails that I have sent you. I am beginning to lose faith in your (and the site's) integrity. Please let me know what the situation is! Thanks.
Feb. 2, 2011, 10:17 a.m. CST
is a goddess. That is all.
Feb. 2, 2011, 11:32 a.m. CST
I actually was working on something similar, but I still like my concept better...
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 177 total posts 173 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 124 total posts 124 posts
- See Luke Evans' Kinect Bats In This New DRACULA UNTOLD Trailer!! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- This New Trailer For MONSTERS: DARK CONTINENT Is Looking Promising!! -- 81 total posts 81 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 747 total posts 33 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 431 total posts 18 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts