ScoreKeeper Reveals the Five Muggles Recieving the HARRY POTTER 7 CD by Desplat
Greetings! ScoreKeeper here to reveal the five winners of the HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS CDs composed by Alexandre Desplat.
I have to apologize for being late with this one. The contest ended after the shenanigans went down here at AICN and the migration to the new platform. I just stayed away for awhile and let them figure it all out. Now I'm back and I want to be sure these winners get their CD. Sorry it couldn't happen sooner.
And the five lucky winners are...
Adam Lerman of Syosset, New York
Derek Fontaine of Newport, Rhode Island
Samuel Cline of Dallas, Texas
Sheriden Miller of Bozeman, Montana
Nicholas Conger of Simi Valley, California
Congratulations winners! Enjoy!!!
For more information regarding this soundtrack including ordering, audio samples and a complete track listing visit Amazon.com.
If you're on Twitter look me up...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 18, 2011, 10:45 p.m. CST
It plays like a darker counterpart to John Williams work in the first 3, but without Williams' tendency to beat you over the head with leitmotifs (a strategy that worked in many of his films, but felt overdone in the HP movies) Desplat has some great stuff here. My personal favorites are the Sky Battle and the "destroying the Locket" tracks.
Jan. 18, 2011, 11 p.m. CST
I think your point about Williams beating audiences over the head with leitmotifs is true for the first two films, especially the second (but that's due to William Ross's adaptation of music...a lot of it is basically "cut and paste"). For instance, the first twenty minutes of SORCERER'S STONE has way too many statements of "Hedwig's Theme" - it just gets a little tiring. Williams' PRISONER OF AZKABAN score, on the other hand, is much more subtle. He has more variations of themes, rather than the simple statements of the first two films.
Jan. 18, 2011, 11:30 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Desplat is a GREAT composer, but the TOTAL abandonment of Williams' themes (with no good new ones to replace them) just left me feeling deflated. I sold off the CD after a single listen. It's not as dire as the Nicholas Hooper scores for the fifth and sixth movies, but coming from Desplat, it should have been a home run.
Jan. 19, 2011, 12:34 a.m. CST
We should all be thankful after those sorry excuses for scores in the last two films by Hooper.
Jan. 19, 2011, 8:26 a.m. CST
Could have fooled me. Hopefully, Part-2 (with it's promised multiple battles) will actually be noticeable and enhance the visuals.
Jan. 19, 2011, 9:32 a.m. CST
by Snake Foreskin
It's ridiculous to bother trying. Just re-use his music throughout the series. It'll work!
Jan. 19, 2011, 11:18 a.m. CST
John Williams' score for POA was a masterstroke of musical storytelling, and a massive improvement over the first two, much like the film itself. I saw it again recently, and I marveled at the way he developed the "Window to the Past" theme, starting off slow and quiet, and bringing it out further and further during the scenes between Harry and Lupin, until that glorious final statement when Sirius flies away on Buckbeak. I haven't heard anything like it in the HP films before or since. <p><p> As for Desplat, I thought that this score was a good effort. As far as using the instruments to create a unique soundscape for the movie, it was on par with Williams' work. But even though his various themes are obvious on album, they didn't stand out in the slightest on film. I would have liked to see some melodic continuity throughout all of the films as well, which there has been precious little of since JW left.
Jan. 19, 2011, 2:49 p.m. CST
Do they support The Wiggles on tour? How lame.
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 126 total posts 49 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 526 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 280 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 38 total posts 15 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 32 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 138 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 336 total posts 7 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 233 total posts 7 posts