ScoreKeeper Reveals the Five Muggles Recieving the HARRY POTTER 7 CD by Desplat
Greetings! ScoreKeeper here to reveal the five winners of the HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS CDs composed by Alexandre Desplat.
I have to apologize for being late with this one. The contest ended after the shenanigans went down here at AICN and the migration to the new platform. I just stayed away for awhile and let them figure it all out. Now I'm back and I want to be sure these winners get their CD. Sorry it couldn't happen sooner.
And the five lucky winners are...
Adam Lerman of Syosset, New York
Derek Fontaine of Newport, Rhode Island
Samuel Cline of Dallas, Texas
Sheriden Miller of Bozeman, Montana
Nicholas Conger of Simi Valley, California
Congratulations winners! Enjoy!!!
For more information regarding this soundtrack including ordering, audio samples and a complete track listing visit Amazon.com.
If you're on Twitter look me up...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 18, 2011, 10:45 p.m. CST
It plays like a darker counterpart to John Williams work in the first 3, but without Williams' tendency to beat you over the head with leitmotifs (a strategy that worked in many of his films, but felt overdone in the HP movies) Desplat has some great stuff here. My personal favorites are the Sky Battle and the "destroying the Locket" tracks.
Jan. 18, 2011, 11 p.m. CST
I think your point about Williams beating audiences over the head with leitmotifs is true for the first two films, especially the second (but that's due to William Ross's adaptation of music...a lot of it is basically "cut and paste"). For instance, the first twenty minutes of SORCERER'S STONE has way too many statements of "Hedwig's Theme" - it just gets a little tiring. Williams' PRISONER OF AZKABAN score, on the other hand, is much more subtle. He has more variations of themes, rather than the simple statements of the first two films.
Jan. 18, 2011, 11:30 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Desplat is a GREAT composer, but the TOTAL abandonment of Williams' themes (with no good new ones to replace them) just left me feeling deflated. I sold off the CD after a single listen. It's not as dire as the Nicholas Hooper scores for the fifth and sixth movies, but coming from Desplat, it should have been a home run.
Jan. 19, 2011, 12:34 a.m. CST
We should all be thankful after those sorry excuses for scores in the last two films by Hooper.
Jan. 19, 2011, 8:26 a.m. CST
Could have fooled me. Hopefully, Part-2 (with it's promised multiple battles) will actually be noticeable and enhance the visuals.
Jan. 19, 2011, 9:32 a.m. CST
by Snake Foreskin
It's ridiculous to bother trying. Just re-use his music throughout the series. It'll work!
Jan. 19, 2011, 11:18 a.m. CST
John Williams' score for POA was a masterstroke of musical storytelling, and a massive improvement over the first two, much like the film itself. I saw it again recently, and I marveled at the way he developed the "Window to the Past" theme, starting off slow and quiet, and bringing it out further and further during the scenes between Harry and Lupin, until that glorious final statement when Sirius flies away on Buckbeak. I haven't heard anything like it in the HP films before or since. <p><p> As for Desplat, I thought that this score was a good effort. As far as using the instruments to create a unique soundscape for the movie, it was on par with Williams' work. But even though his various themes are obvious on album, they didn't stand out in the slightest on film. I would have liked to see some melodic continuity throughout all of the films as well, which there has been precious little of since JW left.
Jan. 19, 2011, 2:49 p.m. CST
Do they support The Wiggles on tour? How lame.
- Ages And Genders!! Casting Breakdown For Seven Characters Headed For J.J. Abrams’ STAR WARS: EPISODE VII?? -- 231 total posts 231 posts
- Mary Jane Watson is NOT going to be a part of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 182 total posts 182 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST: The @$$Holes take stabs at MAN OF STEEL, plus a review of Scott Snyder’s SUPERMAN UNCHAINED! -- 144 total posts 137 posts
- Sweet knights of Colombus!! A new trailer for ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES has been unleashed!! -- 130 total posts 130 posts
- Harry's 25th Picks & Peeks of 2013!!! With THINGS TO COME, OCTAMAN, Bette Davis, STOKER, HOWLING, LIFEFORCE & more! -- 347 total posts 127 posts
- A Few Nice "Making Of' Pics From THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!! -- 113 total posts 113 posts
Jonathan Demme To Direct
AMC’s First Sci-Fi Pilot!! -- 93 total posts 93 posts
- WWZ blah-ditty, blah, blah, blah! AICN HORROR’s got a truly unique zombie film you should check out instead called THE BATTERY! -- 92 total posts 87 posts
- PROMETHEUS 2 now has a writer!!! -- 723 total posts 84 posts
- David S. Goyer And Mr. Beaks Talk MAN OF STEEL Spoilers! DA VINCI'S DEMONS,100 BULLETS And JUSTICE LEAGUE Also Discussed! -- 573 total posts 76 posts