Live in Chicago? Capone has a limited number of seats to an early screening of THE MECHANIC, starring Jason Statham!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
So, last week I saw the new Jason Statham-Ben Foster film THE MECHANIC, a remake of the Charles Bronson classic, this time directed by Simon West (CON AIR, LARA CROFT: TOMB RAIDER, WHEN A STRANGER CALLS, and the pilots for "Human Target" and "The Cape"), and it kind of fucking nails it. It's a fairly faithful adaptation that adds just enough fresh elements to make it kick you right in the ribs and beg for more. The film remains a relentlessly violent, heightened work that will take your punk ass and make you its bitch. And for folks in Chicago, I've got 15 RESERVED SEATS to the Chicago premiere.
This early Chicago screening of THE MECHANIC will take place Monday, January 24 at 7:00pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners). Here's how to win:
Send me an email at MechanicChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "FIX THE PROBLEM!" In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (guests' names are not required), and the answer to the following question (read carefully): "What is the single most kick-ass Jason Statham movie on the planet, and why?" Keep your responses BRIEF--limit your answers to 75 words or less (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). People who make the best case for their choice win, and will hear from me later this week.
Please keep in mind that, although winners' seats will be reserved, this is an not an exclusive AICN event, it is overbooked to make sure there is a full house. You must arrive at least 15 minutes before showtime, or your seats will be given away. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. Anyone not showing up without informing me 24 hours ahead of time so I can fill their seats runs the risk of being no longer eligible for future screening contests.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to CBS Films for making this happen.
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 17, 2011, 10:07 a.m. CST
Jan. 17, 2011, 11:22 a.m. CST
Foster was great in 3:10, Bang Bang You're Dead, Alpha Dog, The Messenger, etc. Waiting for him to get that signature role that pushes him to A Lister. Also, he needs to do a comedy.
Jan. 17, 2011, 3:20 p.m. CST
This time, it's personal.
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 359 total posts 39 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 459 total posts 8 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 670 total posts 5 posts
- SDCC '14: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 flying into our galaxy in July 2017! -- 86 total posts 5 posts
- Full banner and character posters from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON! -- 192 total posts 3 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Luc Besson’s LUCY, MONTY PYTHON LIVE (MOSTLY), Tomorrow’s LEFTOVERS And The Latest STAR WARS, DC, MARVEL, LOUIE, 24, HBO & GAME OF THRONES News!! Plus The Return Of AICN’s Own Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 268 total posts 3 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint checks out Marvel's Ant-Man panel and sees a nifty teaser sequence! -- 56 total posts 2 posts
- Edgar Wright to direct GRASSHOPPER JUNGLE, described as "STAND BY ME meets ATTACK THE BLOCK"!! -- 27 total posts 2 posts
- SDCC '14: Gareth Edwards confirmed to direct GODZILLA 2! Also, a few familiar monsters we should expect! -- 135 total posts 2 posts
- SDCC '14: Who are Corey Stoll and Evangeline Lilly playing in ANT-MAN?! -- 80 total posts 1 post