Live in Chicago? Capone has a limited number of seats to an early screening of THE MECHANIC, starring Jason Statham!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
So, last week I saw the new Jason Statham-Ben Foster film THE MECHANIC, a remake of the Charles Bronson classic, this time directed by Simon West (CON AIR, LARA CROFT: TOMB RAIDER, WHEN A STRANGER CALLS, and the pilots for "Human Target" and "The Cape"), and it kind of fucking nails it. It's a fairly faithful adaptation that adds just enough fresh elements to make it kick you right in the ribs and beg for more. The film remains a relentlessly violent, heightened work that will take your punk ass and make you its bitch. And for folks in Chicago, I've got 15 RESERVED SEATS to the Chicago premiere.
This early Chicago screening of THE MECHANIC will take place Monday, January 24 at 7:00pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners). Here's how to win:
Send me an email at MechanicChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "FIX THE PROBLEM!" In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (guests' names are not required), and the answer to the following question (read carefully): "What is the single most kick-ass Jason Statham movie on the planet, and why?" Keep your responses BRIEF--limit your answers to 75 words or less (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). People who make the best case for their choice win, and will hear from me later this week.
Please keep in mind that, although winners' seats will be reserved, this is an not an exclusive AICN event, it is overbooked to make sure there is a full house. You must arrive at least 15 minutes before showtime, or your seats will be given away. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. Anyone not showing up without informing me 24 hours ahead of time so I can fill their seats runs the risk of being no longer eligible for future screening contests.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to CBS Films for making this happen.
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 17, 2011, 10:07 a.m. CST
Jan. 17, 2011, 11:22 a.m. CST
Foster was great in 3:10, Bang Bang You're Dead, Alpha Dog, The Messenger, etc. Waiting for him to get that signature role that pushes him to A Lister. Also, he needs to do a comedy.
Jan. 17, 2011, 3:20 p.m. CST
This time, it's personal.
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 217 total posts 13 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 26 total posts 9 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 82 total posts 6 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Eric Bana Wants to DELIVER US FROM EVIL in this New Trailer! -- 48 total posts 5 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 567 total posts 5 posts
- First clip from Jon Favreau's CHEF, premiering at SXSW! Favs vs. Twitter! -- 21 total posts 4 posts