AICN has your first look at the poster for the great Korean flick I SAW THE DEVIL!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with the debut of the US poster for Kim Jee-woon's brilliant cat and mouse serial killer thriller I SAW THE DEVIL.
We don't see films like this stateside... the closest I can compare it to is SEVEN, but the energy is radically different in pacing and subject matter. It is about hunting a serial killer, but the hunter decides he likes playing with his catch. It's brutal, intense and just plain old awesome.
Jee-woon's previous feature, THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE WEIRD was fantastic also. This dude knows what he's doing and if you're at Sundance you can catch the film there. If not, you can see the flick in its US release beginning March 4th.
Dig it? I think it's sharp, but I also have my mad love for the movie knocking around my brain.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 14, 2011, 4:46 p.m. CST
Asian horror is, in general, kicking ass all over the place.
Jan. 14, 2011, 4:56 p.m. CST
Just noticed the dark red tagline! That's pretty god-damned clever. (god-damned... get it?)
Jan. 14, 2011, 4:56 p.m. CST
Funny this film is brought up. Just yesterday that episode of Tosh.0 was on where he reenacts that scene from Seven w/the head in the box. I started laughing my ass off, but my girlfriend didn't get it. "It's ripping on a scene from "Seven"", I said. "Never seen it", she said. So my question is this: Do I break up with her on principle or just enjoy the fact that I get to watch this movie w/someone who has never seen it before? (I am leaning towards breaking up w/her on principle)
Jan. 14, 2011, 5:01 p.m. CST
...it's over, dude.
Jan. 14, 2011, 5:08 p.m. CST
Jan. 14, 2011, 5:12 p.m. CST
ì'ѵҽ ժҽϲìժҽժ էօ մքցɾɑժҽ ʍվʂҽӀƒ էօ ɑ ʂքҽϲìɑӀ ƒօղէ. ҽղյօվ վօմɾ ҌӀɑղժղҽʂʂ, աօɾʍʂ!
Jan. 14, 2011, 5:29 p.m. CST
Awesome movie, watched this the other night and brutal is only the half of it. Again where can I get the jacket Byung Hun Lee wears?
Jan. 14, 2011, 6:42 p.m. CST
This all reminded me that I had a girlfriend in college who had never seen "Psycho" AND didn't know the twist ending. I was flabbergasted. Didn't last.
Jan. 14, 2011, 10:09 p.m. CST
See this movie as soon as you can. Easily one of the best movies of the past year. Not for the squeamish, but superior a story and acting.
Jan. 14, 2011, 10:13 p.m. CST
Lets hope hollywood keeps its fingers off this guy.
Jan. 14, 2011, 11:20 p.m. CST
I loved the good, the bad, the weird. south Korean filmmakers are some of the most daring and interesting to see at the moment. It's like they took my favorite 1980's R-rated films, dipped them in neon, and then paced it like a manga. Awesome! These guys should be making the AKIRA adaptation, NO DOUBT! Especially the dude who made Thirst. Fanboy dreamgasm
Jan. 14, 2011, 11:21 p.m. CST
by Dr Gregory House
The leads give Oscar-worthy performances.
Jan. 15, 2011, 3:08 a.m. CST
I can't wait to see this damn flick... Oldboy was one of the best film of the decade, without a doubt. Korea has been puttin' out some pretty fuckin' quality films lately...
Jan. 15, 2011, 6:14 a.m. CST
Kim Jee-woon is a fucking master.
Jan. 15, 2011, 8:20 a.m. CST
Or is it Min-Sik Choi? I've seen it both ways.
Jan. 15, 2011, 12:44 p.m. CST
for finding Tosh0 funny.
Jan. 15, 2011, 3:35 p.m. CST
This is NOT a great movie. At all. Unless you don't care about likeable characters, consistent characters, smart characters or well plotted movies. If that's the case then yeah, I guess it's brilliant.
Jan. 15, 2011, 7:58 p.m. CST
I haven't seen The Good, The Bad and The Weird, but this movie is great. Comparisons to movies like Oldboy are justified. This is a revenge movie gone sideways. I think I remember something about it originally being banned in Korea for being "an affront to humanity". I was stunned this film wasn't in the midnight madness lineup. You really need to see this film with the right crowd to truly enjoy it.
Jan. 17, 2011, 7:54 a.m. CST
You gotta love Korea.
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 50 total posts 46 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 423 total posts 10 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 721 total posts 7 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 30 total posts 5 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 31 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 569 total posts 2 posts
- Capone talks love among the ages with LOVE IS STRANGE director & co-writer Ira Sachs!!! -- 2 total posts 2 posts