THE GOON merch to hit HOT TOPIC? Is there rising hope of THE GOON movie going through?!?!
Hey folks, Harry here...
I follow Eric Powell on Twitter - and when he just posted a link to this T-shirt
with the "Ironically enough, this will soon be on sale in limited supply at Hot Topic. More info soon" - it instantly started my noggin' thinking... GOON Merchandize in HOT TOPICS? What friggin Movie Studio wouldn't pick up and fully finance the David Fincher produced Animated GOON film that the following trailer teased all us geeks back during Comic Con 2010?
Seriously, someone get this movie made! They've even got Merch at HOT TOPIC coming soon, where's the movie?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 10, 2011, 5:29 p.m. CST
THE GOON movie, inches closer and closer to reality? It should be...
Jan. 10, 2011, 5:30 p.m. CST
Love this t shirt !
Jan. 10, 2011, 5:32 p.m. CST
Did Eric do the paint too, or is that a Davey Stewart number?
Jan. 10, 2011, 5:35 p.m. CST
Jan. 10, 2011, 5:53 p.m. CST
So... is the movie completed and just doesn't have a distributor or what?
Jan. 10, 2011, 5:56 p.m. CST
But if it did, I'd be very happy.
Jan. 10, 2011, 5:57 p.m. CST
by jack black
and the voice actors in that teaser were perfect.Kurgan and Giamatti that is.
Jan. 10, 2011, 6:12 p.m. CST
Jan. 10, 2011, 6:32 p.m. CST
by Daniel Beaubourg
I mean, the store just sucks. It's the only store I know of where you can buy your shirt about sticking it to the man while letting the man stick his hands in your wallet. Plus I'm not to happy about it being a Twilight joke (Not a big fan myself, but they're not really funny), but more attention to a future Goon movie the better.
Jan. 10, 2011, 6:36 p.m. CST
But I'm going to go there and buy a Goon shirt and wear it while blasting "Raw Power" by the Stooges. Old people are way cooler.
Jan. 10, 2011, 6:59 p.m. CST
But this looks cool!
Jan. 10, 2011, 7:38 p.m. CST
Okay, I'll bite. Hot Topic is actually not a great store, but sometimes they sell good t-shirts. Hot Topic is a store for goth and punk kids. Everytime you walk into that store, you almost always see hot chicks working at the cashier with pierces and tattoos, she'll even have pink or orange hair. The store gives me the creeps every time I go in to browse around.
Jan. 10, 2011, 7:53 p.m. CST
breaking news AICN, come on now.
Jan. 10, 2011, 7:56 p.m. CST
by Bass Ackwards
Haven't visited the mall in years.
Jan. 10, 2011, 8:32 p.m. CST
by PRESIDENT BALTAR
...leaks and AICN doesn't even mention it ?????
Jan. 10, 2011, 10:14 p.m. CST
For some reason at my mall it's alway's "Take an additional 50% off the already 50% off", so I can get some Chuck Taylors or a Yo Gabba Gabba t-shirt for like 2 bucks. But I would never go to Hot Topic. That shit's for poseurs.
Jan. 10, 2011, 11:35 p.m. CST
And this is coming from me, a person who actually thinks Jennifer's Body was an ok-ish kinda fliq. I remember a guy who was moonlighting as a comedian (or maybe I should just say comedian?) at this old comiq book store I used to go to would always rave about The Goon, so I'm sure if I ever went back there he would have some opinion about this fliq, and prolly this tshirt and its content.
Jan. 10, 2011, 11:38 p.m. CST
You know, that guy who says that "Sooperman" is his "fav'rit." I wish Bibbo would make it to the silver screen, I like the fact that he was a hot mess of a human being and Superman set his a$$ straight.
It smells weird in Hot Topic...like cheap incense, cheap t-shirt material with embedded chemicals from China and the cheap emo b.o. from the cashiers. Oh...but the multiple face piercings and flopping skin from removed ear gauges are cool.
Jan. 11, 2011, 4:05 a.m. CST
Is who I thought the article was about. Never heard of "The Goon", other than what the people at Something Awful call themselves.
Jan. 11, 2011, 4:49 a.m. CST
Too bad, since the shirt looks nice and the Goon sounds like an interesting project. The dark colors, ugly decorations, crap music playing and freaks I see hanging around Hot Topic make it a guarantee that nobody over the age of 18 even walks into one.
Jan. 11, 2011, 5:21 a.m. CST
Or whatever they call it... when my kids were small and misbehaving, I used to threaten to straighten up by telling them I was going to make them go into that Dungeon Store over there... It always worked.
Jan. 11, 2011, 8:01 a.m. CST
by David Cloverfield
Like a more shady, more badass Popeye.
Jan. 11, 2011, 9:49 a.m. CST
Can't say I've ever been in one but if I found out they were selling an item I wanted I would most likely walk in there and buy it with no though as to my reputation, status, or political or social ideology.
Jan. 11, 2011, 10:57 a.m. CST
I mean really? You're on AICN, reading a story about a Goon t-shirt, and then posting on the board, but you're too "cool" for Hot Topic? They always have cool band, anime, video game, and movie stuff there.
Jan. 11, 2011, 11:21 a.m. CST
What's the big deal?
Jan. 11, 2011, 2:14 p.m. CST
They still have malls? Seriously? I don't think I've been in one in almost a decade.
Jan. 11, 2011, 2:35 p.m. CST
so noone has to risk their precious reps by physically entering a store. I mean, if you see something you like, who cares where you get it? My main problem with Hot Topic is that it is ludicrously overpriced. But that's the problem with most retail chains in shopping malls.
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 502 total posts 342 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 251 total posts 210 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 226 total posts 140 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 33 total posts 33 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 54 total posts 28 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 63 total posts 26 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 307 total posts 25 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 293 total posts 23 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 339 total posts 20 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 17 total posts 17 posts