The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day honors the late Peter Yates with a nice, graphic shot of Jugs!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I’ve altered the course of the column a little in order to pay a little respect to the recently deceased Peter Yates. Originally I had a Beatles picture for you, but I’ve replaced that with a little posed publicity shot from one of my favorite Peter Yates movies: Mother, Jugs and Speed.
Why is this the movie I go to and not Bullitt or Krull or one of his more famous films? Well, the main reason, to be completely honest, is I don’t have any BTS pics from those films in the archives, but I honestly love the spirit of this film, a comedy that pits the oddest trinity of stars together ever.
You have Harvey Keitel, Bill Cosby and Raquel Welch playing paramedics and you get to see Bill Cosby get massaged by vibrators and utter the phrase “Bambi’s mom had great tits.” It’s hilarious and totally off the wall, the kind of movie that really underlines just how different filmmaking is today.
So, while it won’t give you a deeper understanding of filmmaking, it’s still a nice tribute to Mr. Yates. May I present Ms. Raquel Welch as Jugs:
Tomorrow we’ll return to the planned pic of the Fab Four!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 10, 2011, 4:57 p.m. CST
Obviously we only go to AICN for nudes.
Jan. 10, 2011, 4:58 p.m. CST
by jack black
Jan. 10, 2011, 5:02 p.m. CST
She was diabolically sexy. Again with the hand-parties.
Jan. 10, 2011, 5:07 p.m. CST
by tim hager
But easily the best column on AICN.
Jan. 10, 2011, 6:41 p.m. CST
Be careful what you wish for or we'll get Harry on a bearskin rug. Something tells me that it'd be difficult to tell where Harry ends and the bear begins.
Jan. 10, 2011, 6:59 p.m. CST
by Fred Garvin
women like that anymore...*heavy sigh*
Jan. 10, 2011, 7:30 p.m. CST
by Stuntcock Mike
"Cops have a habit of you know....pissing milk on each other."
Jan. 10, 2011, 8:01 p.m. CST
Could you imagine any actress today happily posing with their set chair, boldly emblazened with the character name of "Jugs"? Or any studio today approving the movie title "Mother, Jugs, and Speed"?
Jan. 10, 2011, 8:27 p.m. CST
I'd still go after her egg even though they're all gone
Jan. 10, 2011, 8:34 p.m. CST
by PRESIDENT BALTAR
...leaks and AICN doesn't even mention it ?????
Jan. 11, 2011, 1:31 a.m. CST
by Teddy Artery
Is there anything you can't do?
Jan. 11, 2011, 2:42 a.m. CST
Is one beautiful woman.
Jan. 11, 2011, 8:54 a.m. CST
But looking at Raquel, and knowing she is amazingly beautiful nowadays, when will someone cast her and Eva Mendes as mother and daughter??
Jan. 11, 2011, 10:54 a.m. CST
"Bambi's mom has great tits." Wow.
Jan. 11, 2011, 3:26 p.m. CST
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 112 total posts 8 posts
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 31 total posts 7 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 108 total posts 2 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 146 total posts 1 post
- Learn Which STAR TREK Icon Joins GAME OF THRONES Next Season!! (Hint: Not Nimoy!!) -- 64 total posts 1 post
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 603 total posts 1 post
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 2 total posts 1 post
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 65 total posts 1 post
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 391 total posts 1 post