The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day honors the late Peter Yates with a nice, graphic shot of Jugs!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I’ve altered the course of the column a little in order to pay a little respect to the recently deceased Peter Yates. Originally I had a Beatles picture for you, but I’ve replaced that with a little posed publicity shot from one of my favorite Peter Yates movies: Mother, Jugs and Speed.
Why is this the movie I go to and not Bullitt or Krull or one of his more famous films? Well, the main reason, to be completely honest, is I don’t have any BTS pics from those films in the archives, but I honestly love the spirit of this film, a comedy that pits the oddest trinity of stars together ever.
You have Harvey Keitel, Bill Cosby and Raquel Welch playing paramedics and you get to see Bill Cosby get massaged by vibrators and utter the phrase “Bambi’s mom had great tits.” It’s hilarious and totally off the wall, the kind of movie that really underlines just how different filmmaking is today.
So, while it won’t give you a deeper understanding of filmmaking, it’s still a nice tribute to Mr. Yates. May I present Ms. Raquel Welch as Jugs:
Tomorrow we’ll return to the planned pic of the Fab Four!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 10, 2011, 4:57 p.m. CST
Obviously we only go to AICN for nudes.
Jan. 10, 2011, 4:58 p.m. CST
by jack black
Jan. 10, 2011, 5:02 p.m. CST
She was diabolically sexy. Again with the hand-parties.
Jan. 10, 2011, 5:07 p.m. CST
by tim hager
But easily the best column on AICN.
Jan. 10, 2011, 6:41 p.m. CST
Be careful what you wish for or we'll get Harry on a bearskin rug. Something tells me that it'd be difficult to tell where Harry ends and the bear begins.
Jan. 10, 2011, 6:59 p.m. CST
by Fred Garvin
women like that anymore...*heavy sigh*
Jan. 10, 2011, 7:30 p.m. CST
by Stuntcock Mike
"Cops have a habit of you know....pissing milk on each other."
Jan. 10, 2011, 8:01 p.m. CST
Could you imagine any actress today happily posing with their set chair, boldly emblazened with the character name of "Jugs"? Or any studio today approving the movie title "Mother, Jugs, and Speed"?
Jan. 10, 2011, 8:27 p.m. CST
I'd still go after her egg even though they're all gone
Jan. 10, 2011, 8:34 p.m. CST
by PRESIDENT BALTAR
...leaks and AICN doesn't even mention it ?????
Jan. 11, 2011, 1:31 a.m. CST
by Teddy Artery
Is there anything you can't do?
Jan. 11, 2011, 2:42 a.m. CST
Is one beautiful woman.
Jan. 11, 2011, 8:54 a.m. CST
But looking at Raquel, and knowing she is amazingly beautiful nowadays, when will someone cast her and Eva Mendes as mother and daughter??
Jan. 11, 2011, 10:54 a.m. CST
"Bambi's mom has great tits." Wow.
Jan. 11, 2011, 3:26 p.m. CST
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 130 total posts 50 posts
- Trailer for LEGENDS OF OZ: DOROTHY'S RETURN! -- 96 total posts 22 posts
- WORLD WAR Z 2 is a go and Paramount has found a director to helm the sequel. -- 86 total posts 15 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 572 total posts 15 posts
- Jason Momoa to potentially play Doomsday in the upcoming BATMAN/SUPERMAN film!?!? -- 546 total posts 12 posts
- ‘That Seat Is Taken!!’ The Return Of AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ANARCHY, MOONSHINERS & INCOME Finales!! Galactic Pioneers On FUTURESCAPE!! New TROPHY, AWKWARD, STORAGE, NCIS, LOSER, VOICE, FIRE, TOSH!! Tom Hanks On KIMMEL!! Michelle Dockery On FALLON!! Lizzy Caplan On CHELSEA!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 51 total posts 10 posts
- The Trailer For The Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING! -- 320 total posts 10 posts
- A sequel to JACK REACHER is on the way! -- 200 total posts 7 posts
- Ben Whishaw to Play Freddie Mercury! Dexter Fletcher on Board to Direct! -- 94 total posts 6 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 194 total posts 5 posts