A Butt-Numb-A-Thon 12 Missing Moment! Guillermo Del Toro's intro to the classic HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME!
Hey folks, Harry here with a special moment that didn't quite happen at BUTT-NUMB-A-THON: THE DIRTY DOZENTH this past year. Ordinarily - this would have been seen in a room full of lucky BNATTERS - now - it takes place with you sitting at your computer.
Guillermo rather desperately wanted to attend this year's BNAT, but as anyone who has been paying attention to his particular career path can attest. The man is busy. On that particular weekend he had to launch an exciting Video Game endeavor, but he insisted on still being a part of things. Sadly, the video didn't quite get to me before the start of the event. So instead, we've decided to use this video to perhaps inspire a great many of you to seek out the rather brilliant William Dieterle directed HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME. The only film to screen at the first ever Cannes Film Festival (Hitler's invasion of Poland caused the fest to close up). One geeky thing that Guillermo doesn't mention... Esmeralda's screams were those of Fay Wray's from KING KONG. Yeah, I love those screams...
Now here's the trailer for the great 1939 film. Definitely a film you must see!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 4, 2011, 1:23 a.m. CST
Here's Guillermo Del Toro's missing BNAT12 introduction to HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME!!! Thanks goes to JJ & Mike McCutchens and oddly enough, the University of Texas!
Jan. 4, 2011, 1:36 a.m. CST
Thanks Harry... and who the fuck made a statue of Boris' candid Frankenstein?
Jan. 4, 2011, 1:46 a.m. CST
the B&Ws for BNAT 12 gave the new releases some tough acts to follow
Jan. 4, 2011, 5:12 a.m. CST
...maybe Guillermo was doing this as a wind up..? Nice to see a man of such exquisite taste praising one of my all-time faves. Dieterle is much overlooked imo.
Jan. 4, 2011, 10:47 a.m. CST
Jan. 4, 2011, 4:42 p.m. CST
Wow - just when I think I could not have absorbed a single additional scrap of BNAT awesomeness, here is tangible evidence of what would have been yet another amazing, jaw-dropping BNAT moment. Hard to imagine the uproar if Mr. Del Toro had walked into the room! :-)
Jan. 4, 2011, 5:43 p.m. CST
90 years old and living in Ireland. Goodness, I hope someone gets her to do some audio commentaries of HUNCHBACK and her John Ford westerns; QUIET MAN, etc. before she passes -
Jan. 4, 2011, 6:26 p.m. CST
by Ben Harrison
Yeah, this was one of my favourite vintage films at BNAT, it played so well. When Quasi comes swinging in to rescue Esmeralda, the crowd actually cheered.
Jan. 4, 2011, 8:18 p.m. CST
I missed a lot of the intros due to the short breaks, which I hated, because although I love the surprise factor of BNAT, when the film is announced I like to hear why it was chosen or who brought it, etc. Damn my tiny bladder! Anyway, glad to have this as a keepsake.
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 50 total posts 48 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 61 total posts 35 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 176 total posts 34 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 133 total posts 29 posts
- Yowzwa!! Here’s 4 Minutes Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER!! -- 197 total posts 20 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 551 total posts 20 posts
- From The Director Of GRAVITY!! The First Two Minutes Of NBC And Bad Robot’s BELIEVE!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts
- Jude Law spies a role alongside Melissa McCarthy and Jason Statham in SUSAN COOPER! -- 28 total posts 16 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 42 total posts 16 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 41 total posts 16 posts