Footage from KUNG FU PANDA 2 glimpsed in special New Year's TV Spot!
Hey folks, Harry here with a brief Television Spot - for KUNG FU PANDA 2 - that actually has footage that seems to be from KUNG FU PANDA 2, unlike the Teaser Trailer that is in theaters, which is a Theatrical Teaser promo only. Still doesn't give anything away - other than it looks like all our heroes are back. I'm really looking forward to this...
compare to the real thing...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 3, 2011, 7:50 p.m. CST
A year of awesomeness is awaiting us all? Cool News indeed!
Jan. 3, 2011, 7:50 p.m. CST
hopefully this one will be too
Jan. 3, 2011, 8:05 p.m. CST
Great action, fight scenes were tight for a "kids flick". But May 2011, hmm, sounds like a busy time, hope it doesn't get lost.
Jan. 3, 2011, 8:13 p.m. CST
If that was done with sfx, then damn... nice job, especially on not pushing it so far as to be unbelievable. If it's honest footage and bears have now mastered the quarter staff, then we may be screwed as a species.
Jan. 3, 2011, 8:14 p.m. CST
is McShane's character going to be back?
Jan. 3, 2011, 8:18 p.m. CST
So Colbert was right, they really are the #1 threat !
Jan. 3, 2011, 8:25 p.m. CST
by The Reluctant Austinite
At first I thought the footage had to have been manipulated, but after watching it for a bit I'm pretty convinced it's real. This is certainly a job for that "Fact or Faked" cable show. The bit where the bear throws the spinning staff way up into the air and then perfectly catches it---------I shit my pants.
Jan. 3, 2011, 9:05 p.m. CST
getting overplayed more than my ex-wife's rant about me not paying the taxes or paying attention to the children.
Jan. 3, 2011, 9:16 p.m. CST
A Black Bear named "BoBo" with mad staff skills who easily gets distracted when his feet and balls itch.
Jan. 3, 2011, 10:30 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Shrek 2 was great, 3 was cute but unneccesary, and 4...Jesus, what a shameless, joyless cash-grab. Concentrate on making ONE good KFP sequel and just move on, don't make fucking SIX of them. Ditto How To Train Your Dragon.
Jan. 3, 2011, 11:06 p.m. CST
Dreamworks, I mean this in the nicest way possible, but fuck off with slutting out your animated features into lumbering, shapeless franchises. Maybe SHREK had the misfortune of being great, and feeling fresh, in a relatively shallow pool, and they just kept on with it because it seemed like a sure thing. I have no doubt the SHREK films funded there future, far better project.<p><p> But take a page from Pixar -- if you're going to make a sequel, make it mean something. I really liked KUNG FU PANDA. I fucking love HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON. Don't fuck them up.
Jan. 3, 2011, 11:22 p.m. CST
by the dolphins are in the jacuzzi
No way that shit was real. Either really good sfx, or a guy in an amazingly realistic bear suit, but his twirling technique was way too perfect in places for a bear to just stumble upon naturally. All of you who just big-upped the bear got seriously punked.
Jan. 3, 2011, 11:28 p.m. CST
by the dolphins are in the jacuzzi
I'm concerned about a Kung Fu Panda sequel. Based on the Shrek sequels and the Madagascar sequel (granted the first one sucked, too; but, still...), I'd say they don't have the best track record. Smart money says we're looking at the animated equivalent of Iron Man 2. Prove me wrong, Dreamworks; I'd love to eat my words on this one.
Jan. 4, 2011, 12:14 a.m. CST
I reckon the bear is real... crazy..but real. I really wish Dreamworks woudl resist the urge to make this sequel... so much potential for screwing up one of thier winners a-la Shrek (WTF we're they thinking with the 3rd and 4th movies?!?!?!?!) And stop putting the idea of a 'How to Train your Dragon' sequel in thier heads for fuck sake..thats another gem that should be left alone. I'd rather see orginality over rehashed shit any day.
Jan. 4, 2011, 12:33 a.m. CST
I am struggling to believe what I just saw. If it's real, wow!!!!
Jan. 4, 2011, 8:28 a.m. CST
Seriously... I COULD <p> <p> <p> <p> ... I just don't.. Meh film, probably didn't enjoy it because it was another chance for the ever untalented, one trick pony Jack Black to be his fat, lazy, ignorant self & get paid for it.
Jan. 4, 2011, 8:38 a.m. CST
by Col. Tigh-Fighter
And someone has already changed the stick into a double light saber. Videos out there somewhere, but I cant be arsed to look for it. And as long as Dustin Hoffman is the the sequel, the I will watch Panda 2
Jan. 4, 2011, 9:44 a.m. CST
Dreamworks has a shaky track record at best, but when they truly aim for the fences, they rocket those fuckers outta the park!
Jan. 4, 2011, 1:53 p.m. CST
by Moa Kaka
They're also more polite.
Jan. 4, 2011, 2:45 p.m. CST
by Dark Knight Lite
Dreamworks best to date, so I'm looking forward to part 2.
Jan. 4, 2011, 3:33 p.m. CST
When the first one hit the theaters, I remember looking at the lead character and thinking...great, they're going to do an entire story showing how fat people are just as special blah blah blah...yet another descent into mediocrity. I didn't see it until it was out on DVD and it definitely grew on me. I agree with Harry's original review that complained the marketing was all wrong. They tried to sell the wrong style of movie to us and I didn't bite. In total, the finished work, glorious animation aside, has some of the best fight scenes, best segues, best voice acting of just about any of the Pixar/Dreamworks fare to date. As the father of three who all love this movie, I'm as excited as the kids are about seeing this one. PS - The Christmas "Feast" special was pretty good too.
People, Dreamworks didn't "ruin" Shrek over time; it was at no point a good franchise, starting right at the start. Try and not get too bent out of shape over the sequels which apparently shat all over the groundbreaking work of the original. And yes, Kung Fu Panda was great, soo... more of that is fine with me.
Jan. 5, 2011, 6:07 a.m. CST
he should be called Darth Maul
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 385 total posts 19 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 636 total posts 13 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 203 total posts 12 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 25 total posts 8 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 14 total posts 5 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 303 total posts 4 posts
- Two More BIG BROTHER Nominations!! The Return Of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!! MI6 On PBS!! FALLING SKIES Finale!! New STRAIN, MANHATTAN, MASTERS, NAKED, RAY, RECKLESS, BEACHFRONT, BREATHLESS, KARDASHIANS, WIPEOUT!! No LEFTOVERS Finale!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 24 total posts 3 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 312 total posts 3 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 349 total posts 2 posts