In Minneapolis Area? Wanna see GREEN HORNET in 3D Compliments of AICN? Details here!
Hey folks, Harry here...
Every year at BNAT - I have regulars that feel like characters out of Peter Bogdanovich's brilliant SAINT JACK. In some ways, Pet Snake Reggie, is my Denholm Elliott/William Leigh. A man that hits my city once a year - and whom I enjoy a great friendship, if only for a week or so. Well this year, Pet Snake Reggie, had to rock snow balls in Minneapolis, instead of coming to BNAT - so his wife came without him, because she knows where it is at, and it definitely wasn't rocking Snow Balls in Minneapolis - which got hit with a freakish blizzard that locked the city down, thus canceling his Snow Ball Rocking Affair. So instead, he staid at home through the blizzard, miserable that he missed BNAT.
Flash to me setting up these screenings of GREEN HORNET 3D. I decided that I had to have one in Minneapolis, because I really want to talk with PSR regarding the film, cuz I think he'll absolutely go bonkers for it, so I put Pet Snake Reggie in charge of the give away.
So - Here's what you have to do...
Send an email to AICNMNSCREENING@GMAIL.COM with your name & the name of your guest, along with a short bit about why you should see GREEN HORNET in 3D for free. I'd recommend saying something about how you also were stuck in a blizzard and couldn't go to BNAT - but had you had the opportunity to go, like Pet Snake Reggie, you would never turn it down and sit through a miserable blizzard when you could be surrounded by friends, good food and warmth in Austin. But that's just a suggestion.
Oh - and your Subect line is, "KATO RULES"
The list of winners will be posted on AICN - on Wednesday. Ok?
Good luck - and you're gonna have a blast.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 3, 2011, 6:48 p.m. CST
@petsnakereggie is giving tickets to AICN's GREEN HORNET 3D screening in Minneapolis!!! Bribes accepted, he's dirty.
Jan. 3, 2011, 7:24 p.m. CST
What day? What time? What theater?
Jan. 3, 2011, 7:43 p.m. CST
by John Maddening
At the Rosedale 14!
Jan. 4, 2011, 2:31 a.m. CST
Jan. 4, 2011, 3:30 a.m. CST
I got to see District 9 thanks to AICN right before it came out. My little brother and I enjoyed the shit out of it!
Jan. 4, 2011, 5:05 a.m. CST
and they used footage from the original TV series either in the opening or in a flashback, but make it look hazy or vague. Kato's son can also be the new Kato. That would explain why the new Kato has the Green Hornet mobile and all those gadgets. The new Kato tells Seth Rogen's character how his dad was the original Green Hornet. Now there's a foundation to go on and Seth Rogen and this random asian guy becoming Kato and why they killed his dad. This makes more sense. Why do that though? It would be too cool right? Instead of flicking a CGI bottle cap through the air. That scene represents everything that's wrong with modern movies!
Jan. 4, 2011, 4:01 p.m. CST
Back in the 60's there was a TV crossover event that I've wanted to see pretty much all my life. It was a Batman / Green Hornet team up. I believe that they each guest starred on their respective shows, which were both produced by William Dozier.
Jan. 6, 2011, 9:15 p.m. CST
and God dangit! i sure want to go to one of these fancy screenings.
Jan. 7, 2011, 10:03 a.m. CST
Harry, Thanks very much for setting up a screening for us -- very much appreciated! The movie was great, far better than I expected. Seth was predictably funny, and Jay Chou showed off a lot of talent, both in comedic talent and martial arts skills. But it was Christoph Waltz that really made the movie. Once again, he displays a silky menace that is amazing. Definitely diving into his catalog.
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 116 total posts 91 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 101 total posts 57 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 171 total posts 28 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 174 total posts 17 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 62 total posts 6 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 207 total posts 4 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 24 total posts 4 posts