The Behind the Scenes Pics of the Day is gone. Long gone, like a turkey in the corn.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
Since the holiday season can be bizarre, I’ve decided to represent that in this very column. You can’t get much weirder than David Lynch, especially when he’s playing around in his Twin Peaks universe.
The below picture comes from the movie, Fire Walk With Me, and features Mr. Lynch (in the middle) with Kyle MacLachlan to his right and the great Michael J. Anderson to his left.
Somewhere around here I also have some posed shots featuring a young n’ bloody Heather Graham, but I’ll save those for another weird day.
Many apologies for not having a bigger version to share, but I hope you enjoy!
Tomorrow’s pic shows the onset birthday party of a great character actor attended by one of the best directors of all time and one of Hollywood’s best movie stars. See you then!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 27, 2010, 6:17 p.m. CST
Dec. 27, 2010, 6:19 p.m. CST
by Wyndam Earle
Good to see my old partner Coop again, but how did Gordon get in my lodge? I didn't invite him or his GARMONBOZIAAAAAAA..Heh hee haaaahaaa...I will kill again, someone get me Bob...
Dec. 27, 2010, 6:21 p.m. CST
atmospheric, balls-out weird and fucking horrific. One of the best soundtracks ever, too.
Dec. 27, 2010, 6:28 p.m. CST
by jack black
i wish my dreams were like Lynch;s movies.
Dec. 27, 2010, 6:35 p.m. CST
Lynch looks like a chubby Jimmy Stewart in this pic. Damn I miss me some twin peaks
Dec. 27, 2010, 6:38 p.m. CST
was just terrifying. I saw FWWM before I ever saw the series, I was about thirteen and had no idea what it was about, but it was still bewitching. I could watch a whole series of Sam Stanley and Chester Desmond being weird and solving crimes.
Dec. 27, 2010, 6:52 p.m. CST
this was the shit back then. Now hollywood offer us stupid dreams with people shooting at each other and pretending to be significant : Inception anyone? Twin Peaks was just pure imagination, brilliant storytelling and editing.
Dec. 27, 2010, 7:11 p.m. CST
BUT Some of our memories of the series may be a tad rosy. Try youtubing some of the episodes. There are laughably bad bits to be found. Characters sitting around "telling" us plot points by talking them over with one another. Joan Chen's character "learning English" while speaking flawlessly... Still, I loved it. The scene where Leland Palmer wacks out and kills Laura's cousin was the most brutally genius scene I had ever beheld
Dec. 27, 2010, 7:25 p.m. CST
The first season was awesome. And of course the final episode.
Dec. 27, 2010, 8:07 p.m. CST
You should have posted that one, considering how long we've been waiting for that footage to even see the light of day.
Dec. 27, 2010, 8:14 p.m. CST
by Shane Glines
My favorite movie of all time. Incredible soundtrack, too.
Dec. 27, 2010, 8:21 p.m. CST
Ain't it cool behind the scenes pics of the day (AICBTSPOTD). Seriously: where are the news?
Dec. 27, 2010, 8:48 p.m. CST
makes me hungry
Dec. 27, 2010, 9:21 p.m. CST
The movie was such a disappointing wrap up to a great fucking show. Come to think of it, I may have stopped watching the show during its second season. I had an after school job.
Dec. 27, 2010, 9:23 p.m. CST
the archeologist who spent his life looking for the lost arc, which gave the idea and model for indiana jones
Dec. 27, 2010, 9:26 p.m. CST
So I had a much different perspective on it than most. No baggage, no expectations whatsoever. And I LOVED this movie. It is still one of my all-time favorites. I obviously didn't understand everything, but it pulled me in completely. The entire film felt like a waking dream, as so many of Lynch's movies do. It was terrifying at times, and at times incredibly moving and beautiful. I fell in love with Sheryl Lee here, too. She was amazing in this. A masterpiece.
Also saw it before I watched the series. Didn't know who any of the characters were or what was going on but I was transfixed. It made me a Lynch fan for life. Sheryl Lee should've won the Oscar
Dec. 27, 2010, 10:12 p.m. CST
Best finale ever.
Dec. 27, 2010, 10:59 p.m. CST
Am I the only one who couldn't get on the past few days?
Dec. 27, 2010, 11:18 p.m. CST
Dec. 28, 2010, 12:10 a.m. CST
Dec. 28, 2010, 1:54 a.m. CST
Who do you think this is there!!
Dec. 28, 2010, 1:55 a.m. CST
Kelly's Donna was a real goer in this. Eh? Eh? Know what I mean? Nudge, nudge, know what I mean? Say no more.
Dec. 28, 2010, 2:43 a.m. CST
Write it in your diary.
Dec. 28, 2010, 3:55 a.m. CST
Can you explain why Lynch is overrated?
Dec. 28, 2010, 7:47 a.m. CST
I really wish they'd get those deleted scenes released. Favourite TV show of all time. Dale Cooper has to be one of the best characters ever created.
Dec. 28, 2010, 9:41 a.m. CST
He should have done the rescue of Dale and the end of Bob instead going the prequel route. The moment Kyle didn't want to play the character anymore, he should have changed things around to do that instead wasting our time with the Blue Rose Murder. The whole section with the first FBI detectives added more absurdity then helped. Once, we get to Twin Peaks, its a good flick. Yet, to get there is a giant pain in the ass for no reason then to further confuse the fuck out of the fans. Its no wonder Cannes booed it after it was done. You do the prequels after you finish the story not in between.
Dec. 28, 2010, 12:08 p.m. CST
Methinks no. Anyway, thanks for posting this. FWWM is my favorite Lynch film.
Dec. 28, 2010, 4:25 p.m. CST
I think your pea-brain has been drained. Lynch is THE MAN. Fire Walk with Me is an emotionally draining and beautifull film. I think the prequel was a perfect idea. The film holds up well as a stand alone work even without the series. Anybody who thinks the man that gave us Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart, Mulholland Dr., etc. is overrated is a cinematic retard.
Dec. 28, 2010, 8:20 p.m. CST
by Le Grande Zombi
Just a wannabe troll trying to get a rise out of... anyone.
Dec. 30, 2010, 4:50 p.m. CST
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 459 total posts 299 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 234 total posts 193 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 190 total posts 104 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 32 total posts 32 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 62 total posts 25 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 306 total posts 24 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 49 total posts 23 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 292 total posts 22 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 195 total posts 9 posts