The trailer for Cedar Rapids promises a funny as hell movie!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here.
I've just locked in my Sundance travel and you better believe Cedar Rapids will be high on my list of "Must Sees" this year, especially after the below trailer.
You get the director of Youth In Revolt and Chuck & Buck and a comedy cast featuring Ed Helms, John C. Reilly, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Root, Alia Shawkat, Thomas Lennon and Kurtwood "Bitches Leave" Smith... how isn't this something to be excited about?
Our buddies as Collider have the trailer up on their Youtube channel, so check it out below!
What I like about this trailer is that I don't feel like I've had all the jokes delivered to me in advance (Due Date, I'm looking at you), but I know exactly what I'm in for. I especially like the white as white black dude pulling out The Wire quotes to get out of a tough situation. What'd you think?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 22, 2010, 9:41 p.m. CST
Dec. 22, 2010, 9:44 p.m. CST
Thanks to General Mills in town. would be a great running gag. maybe. Iowa blowin up.
Dec. 22, 2010, 9:45 p.m. CST
by D o o d
Two bags of honey roasted peanuts is truly awesome!
Dec. 22, 2010, 9:51 p.m. CST
Dec. 22, 2010, 9:52 p.m. CST
Dec. 22, 2010, 10:02 p.m. CST
Isiah Whitlock Jr, who played Senator Clay Davis on The Wire. So when he started talking about The Wire I cracked up. Actually looks pretty good. Ain't that something. I'm getting tired of the 'The Hangover' formula, and of Ed Helms in general, but I may see this.
Dec. 22, 2010, 10:26 p.m. CST
by Ben Harrison
Dec. 22, 2010, 10:28 p.m. CST
by Ben Harrison
Have you guys seen this?http://www.ugo.com/tv/the-wire-trailer-park-boys-mash-up-video
Dec. 22, 2010, 10:40 p.m. CST
you shut your mouth Ed Helms, you shut it right up.
Dec. 22, 2010, 10:41 p.m. CST
yes, it's playing Sundance, kiddo. I think it'll be released in theaters. <p>jesus you are dense.
Dec. 22, 2010, 10:44 p.m. CST
SHEEEEEEETTTT. as he would often say...that looks great
Dec. 22, 2010, 10:45 p.m. CST
like one of those movies you see in March or April that is a surprise and kicks your ass.
Dec. 22, 2010, 11:09 p.m. CST
a loving, lingering wide-angle of Trash Mountain. But really, BrainDrain; what the hell is wrong with you? Maybe you want to put this movie up as a take on Field of Dreams, a la your excellent A Knight's Tale to Your Highness analogy?
Dec. 22, 2010, 11:29 p.m. CST
Dec. 23, 2010, 1:40 a.m. CST
Unlike "Due Date" which looked like a cinematic abortion!
Dec. 23, 2010, 5:11 a.m. CST
but i wouldve preferred one huge...SHIIIIIIIIT
Dec. 23, 2010, 6:26 a.m. CST
...everything that came after the lame "I don't wanna know" sitcom joke, seriously sold the movie of me enough to give it a look.
Dec. 23, 2010, 6:28 a.m. CST
Are the edit buttons gone already? Dammit. :P
Dec. 23, 2010, 8:39 a.m. CST
Cedar Rapids, Iowa isn't the city they show in the clip though. The look and feel of it is about right though. And I know a sales/marketing guy in the insurance business that is pretty similar, in personality, to the John C. Reilley character in the trailer.
Dec. 23, 2010, 9:06 a.m. CST
Represent in the talkbacks yo!
Dec. 23, 2010, 11:36 a.m. CST
I really liked this trailer. Helms was my favorite part of the hangover....not because of the over the top humor, but he brings something else to the table that takes some of the cliche out of them. Some sincerity that connects with me, anyway. I want to see this.
Dec. 23, 2010, 12:40 p.m. CST
I've never been to Cedar Rapids, but I'm fairly certain it looks nothing like an iconic city such as Philadelphia!
Dec. 23, 2010, 3:05 p.m. CST
of the clip looking out the plane window (Quaker Oats, Mays Island, City Hall on the river all obvious). A documentary about the previous city government would make for a funnier film.
Dec. 23, 2010, 6:13 p.m. CST
Cutesy Little Miss Sunshine lookin' hogwash... And Youth In Revolt is still one of the worst films of the year. Goddamn, what a dissapointment that was.
Dec. 23, 2010, 8:20 p.m. CST
by SID 8.0
Loved The Wire comment at the end.
Dec. 24, 2010, 7:18 p.m. CST
I'll probably check this one out. I like that guy from The Office. He's probably the second best thing on that show (after S.C, of course).
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The LEFTOVERS Finale And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS, STAR TREK, SNL, NFL, HBO & Tivo News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 380 total posts 369 posts
- 2nd Sept 2014 PICKS & PEEKS Column: CAP 2, Pumpkinhead, Toho, Addams, Star Trek, Slashers, Comedy & Action+ -- 1524 total posts 351 posts
- ‘Listen’!! Reader Reaction To DOCTOR WHO S08E04 Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk Reviews The ‘Zygon Hunt’ Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 413 total posts 125 posts
- Kelvington Says Tonight’s DOCTOR WHO Is A Perfect Episode – Were It Not For The Episode’s Foreshadowing!! -- 132 total posts 78 posts
- Morgan Freeman Joins the Cast of BEN-HUR! -- 222 total posts 72 posts
- Drone Videos Reveal Expanse Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII Set!! + More Falcon / X-Wing Shots!! -- 430 total posts 38 posts
‘Why Must It Always
Hercules Loves The Return Of Nelson Van Alden In Tonight’s BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- The Jurors Return To The BIG BROTHER House!! PBS’ ROOSEVELTS Premiere!! New STRAIN, MANHATTAN, SEX, NAKED & RAY!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- Hercules Says Syfy’s New Zombie Series Z NATION Is Even Worse Than THE WALKING DEAD’s Farm Episodes!! -- 166 total posts 17 posts
- Capone talks finding comedy within tragedy with THE SKELETON TWINS' director/co-writer Craig Johnson!!! -- 7 total posts 6 posts