The trailer for Cedar Rapids promises a funny as hell movie!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here.
I've just locked in my Sundance travel and you better believe Cedar Rapids will be high on my list of "Must Sees" this year, especially after the below trailer.
You get the director of Youth In Revolt and Chuck & Buck and a comedy cast featuring Ed Helms, John C. Reilly, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Root, Alia Shawkat, Thomas Lennon and Kurtwood "Bitches Leave" Smith... how isn't this something to be excited about?
Our buddies as Collider have the trailer up on their Youtube channel, so check it out below!
What I like about this trailer is that I don't feel like I've had all the jokes delivered to me in advance (Due Date, I'm looking at you), but I know exactly what I'm in for. I especially like the white as white black dude pulling out The Wire quotes to get out of a tough situation. What'd you think?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 22, 2010, 9:41 p.m. CST
Dec. 22, 2010, 9:44 p.m. CST
Thanks to General Mills in town. would be a great running gag. maybe. Iowa blowin up.
Dec. 22, 2010, 9:45 p.m. CST
by D o o d
Two bags of honey roasted peanuts is truly awesome!
Dec. 22, 2010, 9:51 p.m. CST
Dec. 22, 2010, 9:52 p.m. CST
Dec. 22, 2010, 10:02 p.m. CST
Isiah Whitlock Jr, who played Senator Clay Davis on The Wire. So when he started talking about The Wire I cracked up. Actually looks pretty good. Ain't that something. I'm getting tired of the 'The Hangover' formula, and of Ed Helms in general, but I may see this.
Dec. 22, 2010, 10:26 p.m. CST
by Ben Harrison
Dec. 22, 2010, 10:28 p.m. CST
by Ben Harrison
Have you guys seen this?http://www.ugo.com/tv/the-wire-trailer-park-boys-mash-up-video
Dec. 22, 2010, 10:40 p.m. CST
you shut your mouth Ed Helms, you shut it right up.
Dec. 22, 2010, 10:41 p.m. CST
yes, it's playing Sundance, kiddo. I think it'll be released in theaters. <p>jesus you are dense.
Dec. 22, 2010, 10:44 p.m. CST
SHEEEEEEETTTT. as he would often say...that looks great
Dec. 22, 2010, 10:45 p.m. CST
like one of those movies you see in March or April that is a surprise and kicks your ass.
Dec. 22, 2010, 11:09 p.m. CST
a loving, lingering wide-angle of Trash Mountain. But really, BrainDrain; what the hell is wrong with you? Maybe you want to put this movie up as a take on Field of Dreams, a la your excellent A Knight's Tale to Your Highness analogy?
Dec. 22, 2010, 11:29 p.m. CST
Dec. 23, 2010, 1:40 a.m. CST
Unlike "Due Date" which looked like a cinematic abortion!
Dec. 23, 2010, 5:11 a.m. CST
but i wouldve preferred one huge...SHIIIIIIIIT
Dec. 23, 2010, 6:26 a.m. CST
...everything that came after the lame "I don't wanna know" sitcom joke, seriously sold the movie of me enough to give it a look.
Dec. 23, 2010, 6:28 a.m. CST
Are the edit buttons gone already? Dammit. :P
Dec. 23, 2010, 8:39 a.m. CST
Cedar Rapids, Iowa isn't the city they show in the clip though. The look and feel of it is about right though. And I know a sales/marketing guy in the insurance business that is pretty similar, in personality, to the John C. Reilley character in the trailer.
Dec. 23, 2010, 9:06 a.m. CST
Represent in the talkbacks yo!
Dec. 23, 2010, 11:36 a.m. CST
I really liked this trailer. Helms was my favorite part of the hangover....not because of the over the top humor, but he brings something else to the table that takes some of the cliche out of them. Some sincerity that connects with me, anyway. I want to see this.
Dec. 23, 2010, 12:40 p.m. CST
I've never been to Cedar Rapids, but I'm fairly certain it looks nothing like an iconic city such as Philadelphia!
Dec. 23, 2010, 3:05 p.m. CST
of the clip looking out the plane window (Quaker Oats, Mays Island, City Hall on the river all obvious). A documentary about the previous city government would make for a funnier film.
Dec. 23, 2010, 6:13 p.m. CST
Cutesy Little Miss Sunshine lookin' hogwash... And Youth In Revolt is still one of the worst films of the year. Goddamn, what a dissapointment that was.
Dec. 23, 2010, 8:20 p.m. CST
by SID 8.0
Loved The Wire comment at the end.
Dec. 24, 2010, 7:18 p.m. CST
I'll probably check this one out. I like that guy from The Office. He's probably the second best thing on that show (after S.C, of course).
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 148 total posts 18 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 352 total posts 15 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 82 total posts 14 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 42 total posts 13 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 20 total posts 12 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 19 total posts 10 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 111 total posts 10 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 30 total posts 8 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 71 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 13 total posts 6 posts