Live in Chicago? Capone has free tickets to a killer holiday movie event TONIGHT: Double-Feature GREMLINS and DIE HARD!!!
Hey, folks. Capone in Chicago here.
I realize the holidays are almost upon us, and I just wanted to tgive Chicagoans who aren't going out of town just yet a little extra alternative Christmas treat by offering up 10 pairs of tickets to a little something going one at the legendary Music Box Theatre tonight. This is my way of thank you guys for always (well, almost always) showing up in force to all of the screenings I did in 2010. I was especially heartened by the turnout for last week's screening of RARE EXPORTS (which just happens to be opening at the Music Box on Christmas Eve).
However, tonight's event is particularly fun. It's a double-feature of two very different kinds of holiday films: GREMLINS and DIE HARD. That's right, Gizmo and John McClane want to wish you a Merry Christmas, and in between the features will be some great vintage '80s trailers. The showtimes for the two films are:
7:05pm DIE HARD
You can go to any combination of the two films, so feel free to check out the early GREMLINS show or the later one. As I said, I have 10 pairs of free tickets, and all you have to do to win them is be one of the first 10 people to email email@example.com. If you get a confirmation from the Music Box box office folks, you win. Easy as that.
Have fun, guys, and have a great holiday. I'll have some more reviews for the holiday releases soon, and, I've already got my first screening for 2011 booked, and it's pretty badass. You'll hear more about that very soon. Enjoy!
-- Capone firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 21, 2010, 3:56 p.m. CST
I have a gizmo....what a great holiday combo. Sure beats the usual Its A Wonderful Life/Miracle On 34th St etc etc etc combo. I'll have to fire up my BluRay.
Dec. 21, 2010, 6:54 p.m. CST
by James Westfall
Good job going with unconventional Christmas fare. 1941 would fit in, too.
Dec. 21, 2010, 6:58 p.m. CST
and this will truly rock.
Dec. 22, 2010, 11:16 a.m. CST
I just saw Gremlins last night, not having seen it in a while. I had forgotten how it's practically a horror movie. And a great one.
Dec. 22, 2010, 11:31 a.m. CST
Also, I was lucky enough to see a double bill of Die Hard I&II recently with the screenwriter, Steven de Souza and Renny Harlin. I asked Mr. De Souza about something that's bugged me since I first saw it. Willis' emphasis on the word "...cigarettes" when he's first telling Powell what he's learned about the "terrorists" thus far. He said the point of the cigarettes and the clothing labels was only to point out that they were foreign, and that the cigarettes themselves didn't have any significant importance. He said that Willis' take on that line was "a little weird" and may have been done in reference to an earlier take that didn't get used.
Dec. 22, 2010, 3:38 p.m. CST
Because I'd be tempted to travel to Chicago for that. Gremlins and Die Hard are my favorite christmas movies.
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 212 total posts 8 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 24 total posts 7 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 567 total posts 5 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 80 total posts 4 posts
- First clip from Jon Favreau's CHEF, premiering at SXSW! Favs vs. Twitter! -- 20 total posts 3 posts
- SXSW 2014: Jeremy Finds THAT GUY DICK MILLER A Warm, Worthy Tribute To A National Treasure! -- 9 total posts 3 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 3 total posts 3 posts
- AICN Legends: Quint chats up Kurt Russell about everything from Walt Disney to John Carpenter! -- 147 total posts 2 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 2 total posts 2 posts