Live in Chicago? Capone has free tickets to a killer holiday movie event TONIGHT: Double-Feature GREMLINS and DIE HARD!!!
Hey, folks. Capone in Chicago here.
I realize the holidays are almost upon us, and I just wanted to tgive Chicagoans who aren't going out of town just yet a little extra alternative Christmas treat by offering up 10 pairs of tickets to a little something going one at the legendary Music Box Theatre tonight. This is my way of thank you guys for always (well, almost always) showing up in force to all of the screenings I did in 2010. I was especially heartened by the turnout for last week's screening of RARE EXPORTS (which just happens to be opening at the Music Box on Christmas Eve).
However, tonight's event is particularly fun. It's a double-feature of two very different kinds of holiday films: GREMLINS and DIE HARD. That's right, Gizmo and John McClane want to wish you a Merry Christmas, and in between the features will be some great vintage '80s trailers. The showtimes for the two films are:
7:05pm DIE HARD
You can go to any combination of the two films, so feel free to check out the early GREMLINS show or the later one. As I said, I have 10 pairs of free tickets, and all you have to do to win them is be one of the first 10 people to email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you get a confirmation from the Music Box box office folks, you win. Easy as that.
Have fun, guys, and have a great holiday. I'll have some more reviews for the holiday releases soon, and, I've already got my first screening for 2011 booked, and it's pretty badass. You'll hear more about that very soon. Enjoy!
-- Capone email@example.com
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 21, 2010, 3:56 p.m. CST
I have a gizmo....what a great holiday combo. Sure beats the usual Its A Wonderful Life/Miracle On 34th St etc etc etc combo. I'll have to fire up my BluRay.
Dec. 21, 2010, 6:54 p.m. CST
by James Westfall
Good job going with unconventional Christmas fare. 1941 would fit in, too.
Dec. 21, 2010, 6:58 p.m. CST
and this will truly rock.
Dec. 22, 2010, 11:16 a.m. CST
I just saw Gremlins last night, not having seen it in a while. I had forgotten how it's practically a horror movie. And a great one.
Dec. 22, 2010, 11:31 a.m. CST
Also, I was lucky enough to see a double bill of Die Hard I&II recently with the screenwriter, Steven de Souza and Renny Harlin. I asked Mr. De Souza about something that's bugged me since I first saw it. Willis' emphasis on the word "...cigarettes" when he's first telling Powell what he's learned about the "terrorists" thus far. He said the point of the cigarettes and the clothing labels was only to point out that they were foreign, and that the cigarettes themselves didn't have any significant importance. He said that Willis' take on that line was "a little weird" and may have been done in reference to an earlier take that didn't get used.
Dec. 22, 2010, 3:38 p.m. CST
Because I'd be tempted to travel to Chicago for that. Gremlins and Die Hard are my favorite christmas movies.
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 441 total posts 51 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 146 total posts 42 posts
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 63 total posts 39 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 85 total posts 21 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 62 total posts 16 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 116 total posts 10 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 155 total posts 10 posts
- A Nifty Video Tour Of The Warner Bros Museum Commemorates BATMAN’s 75th Anniversary!! -- 87 total posts 10 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 625 total posts 9 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 610 total posts 8 posts