Live in Chicago? Capone has free tickets to a killer holiday movie event TONIGHT: Double-Feature GREMLINS and DIE HARD!!!
Hey, folks. Capone in Chicago here.
I realize the holidays are almost upon us, and I just wanted to tgive Chicagoans who aren't going out of town just yet a little extra alternative Christmas treat by offering up 10 pairs of tickets to a little something going one at the legendary Music Box Theatre tonight. This is my way of thank you guys for always (well, almost always) showing up in force to all of the screenings I did in 2010. I was especially heartened by the turnout for last week's screening of RARE EXPORTS (which just happens to be opening at the Music Box on Christmas Eve).
However, tonight's event is particularly fun. It's a double-feature of two very different kinds of holiday films: GREMLINS and DIE HARD. That's right, Gizmo and John McClane want to wish you a Merry Christmas, and in between the features will be some great vintage '80s trailers. The showtimes for the two films are:
7:05pm DIE HARD
You can go to any combination of the two films, so feel free to check out the early GREMLINS show or the later one. As I said, I have 10 pairs of free tickets, and all you have to do to win them is be one of the first 10 people to email email@example.com. If you get a confirmation from the Music Box box office folks, you win. Easy as that.
Have fun, guys, and have a great holiday. I'll have some more reviews for the holiday releases soon, and, I've already got my first screening for 2011 booked, and it's pretty badass. You'll hear more about that very soon. Enjoy!
-- Capone firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 21, 2010, 3:56 p.m. CST
I have a gizmo....what a great holiday combo. Sure beats the usual Its A Wonderful Life/Miracle On 34th St etc etc etc combo. I'll have to fire up my BluRay.
Dec. 21, 2010, 6:54 p.m. CST
by James Westfall
Good job going with unconventional Christmas fare. 1941 would fit in, too.
Dec. 21, 2010, 6:58 p.m. CST
and this will truly rock.
Dec. 22, 2010, 11:16 a.m. CST
I just saw Gremlins last night, not having seen it in a while. I had forgotten how it's practically a horror movie. And a great one.
Dec. 22, 2010, 11:31 a.m. CST
Also, I was lucky enough to see a double bill of Die Hard I&II recently with the screenwriter, Steven de Souza and Renny Harlin. I asked Mr. De Souza about something that's bugged me since I first saw it. Willis' emphasis on the word "...cigarettes" when he's first telling Powell what he's learned about the "terrorists" thus far. He said the point of the cigarettes and the clothing labels was only to point out that they were foreign, and that the cigarettes themselves didn't have any significant importance. He said that Willis' take on that line was "a little weird" and may have been done in reference to an earlier take that didn't get used.
Dec. 22, 2010, 3:38 p.m. CST
Because I'd be tempted to travel to Chicago for that. Gremlins and Die Hard are my favorite christmas movies.
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 218 total posts 218 posts
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 213 total posts 213 posts
- Some Cool Images Preview The Upcoming Trailer From Tom Cruise's EDGE OF TOMORROW!! -- 73 total posts 73 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 532 total posts 62 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 484 total posts 57 posts
- Images From Matt Smith's Final DOCTOR WHO Episode - 'The Time of the Doctor'!! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 233 total posts 24 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 197 total posts 13 posts
- Peter Berg Says No New FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS Movie -- 9 total posts 9 posts