ScoreKeeper Has Five CDs of Desplat's Score to HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS to Give Away!!!
Greetings! ScoreKeeper here with another amazing soundtrack CD to give away to loyal Ain't It Cool readers (first-timers are welcome too). I've got in my hands five factory-sealed copies of Alexandre Desplat's magical score for HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS, PART 1 (2010) that need new owners who will love and cherish them until Voldemort ushers in the reigning apocalypse on us all.
I really admire this score. It compares deftly with Williams' original work and succeeds in expanding the overall depth and emotional range of the Potter saga. You won't have a prayer's chance in hades of ever hearing the score in the movie so here's your opportunity to experience Desplat's aural craftsmanship firsthand.
So what do you have to do?
It's easy. Simply pick up your magic wand and recite the soundtrack appearance spell you learned at Hogwarts.
If you're a muggle, it'll be a smidgeon more involved...
Just drop me an email at email@example.com using the subject: SOUNDTRACOUS APPERIOSO! and include your name, mailing address, a valid email address, and your favorite piece of music from any of the Harry Potter films. It could be a track on an existing CD or a scene within one of the movies.
Five winners will be randomly selected from all qualifying entries.
The deadline for submission is Monday, December 6th, at 11:59PM EST. Only one entry per person please. International entries will be accepted. Duplicates will be discarded.
Send in your entries today or face the wrath of the basilisk!
For more information regarding this soundtrack including ordering, audio samples and a complete track listing visit Amazon.com.
If you're on Twitter look me up...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 2, 2010, 10:44 a.m. CST
by TV's Frank
Can't remember the score that well.
Dec. 2, 2010, 10:52 a.m. CST
...BRING BACK JOHN WILLIAMS FOR THE LAST MOVIE!!<p>That is all.
Dec. 2, 2010, 11:05 a.m. CST
Did you use Hermione's time reversal device to conjure up the deadline?
Dec. 2, 2010, 11:26 a.m. CST
Dec. 2, 2010, 12:33 p.m. CST
Dec. 2, 2010, 12:50 p.m. CST
by Snake Foreskin
And I don't mean Hewlett Packard. I sure hope she takes the time to enter. I'd love for her to get this soundtrack. She has all the other ones and listens to them all the time. She said she thought Desplat did the best job since Williams. I guess that's true. I still prefer Williams' music though and would love to see him back for the last film. They won't so it though, just to spite me.
Dec. 2, 2010, 12:51 p.m. CST
by Snake Foreskin
No one else ever has anything worth winning! The other guys on AICN could learn a thing or two.
Dec. 2, 2010, 1:50 p.m. CST
While five of you can wait, the rest can go to mikkisays.net for their 320k copy. The .rar password is mikkisays.net
Dec. 2, 2010, 2:33 p.m. CST
Dec. 2, 2010, 3:25 p.m. CST
Whoever did the artwork for the album messed up with the track listings. They must've read "Obliviate" (the actual title) and thought, "That's not a word. They must have meant 'The Oblivation.' I'll just change that." Doofus. And they had the wherewithal to add "The" to the title. Other than that, good score.
Is the animated Harry 'spose to be the little girl from "True Grit?"
Dec. 2, 2010, 5:32 p.m. CST
I didn't notice one.
Dec. 2, 2010, 9:32 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
It worked fine in the movie, but Goddammit, where are John Williams' themes?!
Dec. 2, 2010, 9:34 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
The 1906 (or whatever) version.
Dec. 3, 2010, 1:42 a.m. CST
The finale to this franchise really needed a kick-ass score, and it was failed miserably. :(
Dec. 3, 2010, 8:06 p.m. CST
I guess the absence of any noticeable soundtrack during a nearly 2 and half-hour movie was suppose to enhance the "desperation" and "hopelessness" of the character's situation. They BETTER correct this flawed idea for the great battles that take place at Hogwarts for Part-2.
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 136 total posts 22 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 174 total posts 19 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 48 total posts 17 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 123 total posts 13 posts
- Scott Glenn Joins Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll For Netflix’s DAREDEVIL Series!! -- 55 total posts 12 posts
- New Poster for V/H/S: VIRAL!!! -- 23 total posts 6 posts
- Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett to take on I SAW THE DEVIL REMAKE!!!!!!!! -- 48 total posts 4 posts
- Look Upon The Bizarre, Horrible, And Possibly Awesome Insanity Of This DEAD SNOW 2 Trailer!! -- 53 total posts 4 posts
- Kelvington Says Tonight’s DOCTOR WHO Is A Perfect Episode – Were It Not For The Episode’s Foreshadowing!! -- 155 total posts 4 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 86 total posts 4 posts