‘I Told You It’s An Audition!!’ Sunday Brings The Three-Part Final New FUTURAMA Of 2010!!
I am – Hercules!!
Perhaps because they were hoping we’d forget about it, Comedy Central is running (and not on its regular night) the last new episode of “Futurama” nearly three months after it aired the prior new episode, Sept. 2’s “The Mutants Are Revolting.”
Comedy Central says of tonight’s installment, titled “The Futurama Holiday Spectacular”:
In this festive three-part episode, the Planet Express crew races to preserve the traditional practices of the classic holidays of Xmas, Robanukah and Kwanzaa. Along the way, they encounter the murderous Kringlebot, Al Gore’s Head-In-A-Jar, mutated pine trees, droidls, fembot wrestling, albino humping worms, Kwanzaabot and giant space bees, all while learning the true meaning behind the holidays…with an occasional song thrown in for good measure.
|Preview - Petroleum Oil Wrestling|
|Preview - Hermes' Kwanzaa Party|
|Preview - Oxygen-Producing Pine Trees|
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 21, 2010, 1:54 a.m. CST
Has Futurama been renewed yet for 2011 and beyond? Its been some of the best animation on TV this year...
Nov. 21, 2010, 2:53 a.m. CST
...the ratings have been pretty good, and the episodes themselves have been fantastic, stacking up very favorably against the original series, esp. The Late Philip J Fry and A Clockwork Origin.
Nov. 21, 2010, 2:56 a.m. CST
...that there are still another 13 episode in the can to air during 2011.
Nov. 21, 2010, 4:13 a.m. CST
by David Cloverfield
Futurama, Archer, Venture Brothers, South Park... it's a good time for grown up animation. I could use another season of Boondocks.
I hope they rerun it later. I'm watching football all day, it is Sunday after all.
Nov. 21, 2010, 7:24 a.m. CST
Damn you, basic cable, giving me choices!
Nov. 21, 2010, 7:49 a.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Nov. 21, 2010, 7:58 a.m. CST
3 parts, like anthology of interest, with each focusing on a different holiday.
Nov. 21, 2010, 8:38 a.m. CST
He's not funny and since his daughter is a head writer there they can't even really make fun of him. It's just awkward and ruins the show. It's like when the arrogant guy at the office says "It's OK to make fun of me... like, hey, let's make fun of how smart I am, like I'm Spock or something." OK, assfucker.
Nov. 21, 2010, 8:49 a.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Nov. 21, 2010, 8:51 a.m. CST
Lying piece of crap. He's just in it for the money like any other scumbag politician...<br><br> Futurama however... Needs *LESS* singing, not more. Oh, and I don't see Robot Santa mentioned (Kringlebot?) Is he in it or is his lack of mention supposed to make it a "surprise?!"
Nov. 21, 2010, 8:51 a.m. CST
...funniest shit ever. His wife has to use one of those mechanics' rolling backboards to give him fellatio because he's so hyper-obese? Love it!
Nov. 21, 2010, 9:03 a.m. CST
by Toe Jam
That's how most Stern fans prefer to spell it, anyway. Also, my DVR seems to think this new episode of "Futurama" is only 30 minutes long.
Nov. 21, 2010, 9:12 a.m. CST
shows that this is three separate episodes, so it is a three parter, but it is for some reason broken up by a rerun of last weeks weak South Park after part one, then come parts two and three. I'm having a hard time recording all of these because of Venture Bros, and Walking Dead, and the Fox cartoons, combined with the fact that my wife for some reason likes Sister Wives and 19 Kids and Counting. And people thought they had it bad after Katrina. Too soon?
Nov. 21, 2010, 9:34 a.m. CST
I had to choose between two shows I really enjoy. These are indeed joyous days.
Nov. 21, 2010, 9:35 a.m. CST
another show I really enjoy (VB)
Shit, the Christmas ones are always the worst... Also, how did a 90-minute Futurama episode just... pop out of thin air?
Nov. 21, 2010, 10:47 a.m. CST
by cold lazarus
It's just a regular half hour, broken up into three stories, Anthology of Interest style. The remainder/second half of season 6 will start sometime in the spring, I think.
Nov. 21, 2010, 11:33 a.m. CST
episode was great.end of line.
Nov. 21, 2010, 11:42 a.m. CST
...yeah, we all know his kid worked/works on the show and some partisans will get a cheap giggle out of the thing but come on...
Nov. 21, 2010, 11:49 a.m. CST
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
Nov. 21, 2010, 12:06 p.m. CST
Politics sucks and it pisses everyone off. Why polarize your audience?
Nov. 21, 2010, 12:13 p.m. CST
My cable guide tells me it's just a regular episode that is being aired 3 times.Also there is an episode of South Park in between the first and second episodes.
Nov. 21, 2010, 12:25 p.m. CST
by Lenny Nero
Nov. 21, 2010, 2 p.m. CST
90 minutes! "In this festive three-part episode" episode is singular. 1.
Nov. 21, 2010, 2:38 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Nov. 21, 2010, 2:39 p.m. CST
Comedy Central will end up rerunning this to death. Walking Dead has to take priority.
Nov. 21, 2010, 7 p.m. CST
NICE! Was hoping it wouldn't be axed, but it sounds like I won't have to worry about that until 2012, when the whole world may be cancelled :)
Nov. 21, 2010, 7:40 p.m. CST
Time will tell. I wouldn't miss those repeats if I were you guys. Ny DVR also records two things, but is it my wife's two things or my two things? Time will tell.
Nov. 21, 2010, 9 p.m. CST
Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Nov. 21, 2010, 10:01 p.m. CST
1. I'm sick of Al Gore. 2. I'm sick of Nixon's head 3. I hate the evil Santa Robot. Enough already.
Nov. 21, 2010, 10:02 p.m. CST
And less preachiness, 'kay?
Nov. 22, 2010, 12:12 a.m. CST
by maxwell's hammer
Did any of you morons actually watch the episode? The world gets reforested then explodes because there's too much oxygen in the air. Many jokes are had at the expense of Kwanzaa being a totally fabricated holiday! This ep was just as subversive as ever.<BR> <BR> Unless you didn't watch it and are evaluating it based on the completely fabricated version of the episode you were watching in your head, in which case, you're right: nothing but a bunch of fucking preachy politics!
Nov. 22, 2010, 12:19 a.m. CST
.. culled from the Copyright Registry. (Not necessarily in airing order, and not necessarily the final episode titles): <br><br> Silence of the Clamps<br> Yo Leela Leela<br> All the Presidents' Heads<br> Benderama<br> Ghost in the Machines<br> Law and Oracle<br> Holiday Val-u-Pack (obviously an old title for the Holiday Spectacular)<br> Neutopia<br> Mobius Dick<br> Nine-Tenths of a Zoidberg is Underwater<br> Fry Am the Eggman
Nov. 22, 2010, 4:50 a.m. CST
It's just one half hour episode, or 21 minutes without commercials.
Nov. 22, 2010, 5:41 a.m. CST
It was only 30 minutes. I guess I was just relying on wishful thinking, and Herc. Good stuff though. Not as good as Walking Dead though. That show makes me tense when I watch it.
Nov. 22, 2010, 1:56 p.m. CST
I haven't watched a single episode of the Futurama re-launch yet. I decided a while ago to wait until it comes out on DVD so I have something to look forward to rather than waiting eons between new episodes.
Nov. 22, 2010, 5:59 p.m. CST
by Voice O. Reason
....but turned it off when Cartman and Kenny showed up at about the 30-minute mark.
Nov. 22, 2010, 6:16 p.m. CST
Nov. 23, 2010, 8:14 a.m. CST
by Rex Carsalot
Stinkeroony. Mostly a retread of old ideas, and the songs were terribly produced and overwritten. I still laughed here and there so it was generally pretty good, but the quality was a bit lacking, maybe.
Nov. 23, 2010, 1:56 p.m. CST
But this one was very bland. Not yer best work, guys. And too much singing. And if you didn't like the first third, it didn't help that the other two were more or less copies of the first.
1) X-Mas shows are always awful, for some reason.<p> 2) Futurama - brilliant as it is - has never been able to do any good songs. This is no exception.<p> 3) Everyone ragging on Al Gore, get over it. He was funny in this, as usual - particularly at the very end.
Nov. 24, 2010, 11:38 a.m. CST
A Tale of Two Santas, and Robot Devil's various songs are the only successes.<p>They really should stop trying.
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 700 total posts 77 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 409 total posts 43 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 363 total posts 28 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 44 total posts 27 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 22 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 211 total posts 21 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 366 total posts 19 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 21 total posts 13 posts
- Two More BIG BROTHER Nominations!! The Return Of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!! MI6 On PBS!! FALLING SKIES Finale!! New STRAIN, MANHATTAN, MASTERS, NAKED, RAY, RECKLESS, BEACHFRONT, BREATHLESS, KARDASHIANS, WIPEOUT!! No LEFTOVERS Finale!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 30 total posts 9 posts